Thread: don't download

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 don't download 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    Down Loading.

Hi, my name is Cliff Newton. Some of you know me as free2rap622. For a while I have

been downloading songs, and other illegal files, mianly off of lime wire. Let me tell you.

It got me in alot of trouble. So I am here to tell you about downloading, and why most of it,

just about all of it is bad.

One reason why downloading is bad. One main reason why downloading is bad is because

you are probably downloading software or files that are illegal. If your downloading a song,

lets say off of limewire or ares. That IS ILLEGAL. If you don't own the song then don't

download it. You may how ever if you pay for it, down load it off of iTunes. You can't

just download any song that you want. I had to learn that the long way.

Another reason why downloading is bad is because you could download a virus, witch

could destroy your computer. Ways to prevent this is to NOT download. Or at least unless you

have permisson by the creator. Most the time we don't realize what were downloading is

illegal. I didn't know that the songs I was downloading off of limewire were illegal untill

I was told about it. You should delete all of your illegal files off of your computer before

it is to late.

One of the most important reason not to download is because it is just like stealing,

some of you may have seen the preview before a movie that says, " You wouldn't steal a purse,

You wouldn't steal a car, etc. You WOULDN"T STEAL A MOVIE!" It is the same thing for games,

also known as Rom's or Iso's. Someone out there paid good money for a game. And for you to

download it for your own use without paying a penny is just like stealing. Remember, nothing

in this world is free. You may think because someone went and put the iso on the internet

means your aloud to download it, but your not.

In my conclusion, I would like to opologize to every one I have ever downloaded from,

The people that I downloaded songs form off of limewire,and people I used to download Iso's

from. I knew the isos were illegal. But as most of the people that download them, I thought

it was cool. Getting FREE portable games online, and being able to play them on my psp.

I thought AWESOME. Now I know that as AWESOME as I think it is, the reversed consequences

in the eyes of the law are way more AWESOME. So people please stop downloading illegal Music,

photos, roms, isos, and everythign else that is illegal. Follow the right path that i choose.
    BlackBerry Messenger-30651FFA

If you need anything you can reach me there pretty much always =P

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    You made a good descision....respect is given
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Follow this thread to earn some free stuff w/o a credit card!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...-refferal.html

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Hockeyman's Avatar
    good choice man good choice. I too once downloaded games but the my morals stopped me and I would no longer think of it. I have not yet got in trouble. What kind of trouble did you get in?
    2% of the people on the internet have a sig that bashes 98% of the people on the internet. If you are in the 98% whoaren't bastard F***'s with a superiority complex, copy and paste this into your sig.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker HALOBOY's Avatar
    which do you think a company is going to go after 2000 downloaders or one uploader its very hard for a company to pick and choose who thay are going to attack.Also there are Certain viruses that are in certain files and thats nothing when you have anti-virus.Also this could be the age old debate on FileSHARING.But my point is you can only get nailed if you upload illegal content or share it.I got caught sharing the sims(from 1995) and all EA did was send cablevision a message saying i have to delete it or they will press charges.Needless to say i will never buy from EA again it was from 1995 who the hell still pays for that?
    2.60>2.71>1.5>3.03OE-C>Semibrick>1.5>3.03OE-C>3.40 OE-A>REFLASH>3.40-HALO>1.5>3.40-HALO
    Have 3.40 OE-A?SHOW US! edited9/25/07 http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ions-here.html
    Custom Halo PSP

PSPz Hacked:6 Bricks:1 Semibricks:3 Pandora Revives:2

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    It doesn't really matter what kind of trouble I got in. What matters is that I learned my lesson.
    BlackBerry Messenger-30651FFA

If you need anything you can reach me there pretty much always =P

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Madhatter's Avatar
    Dude if you are caught with illegal songs on your computer it can be up to a $500 fine for each and every song found. Im not sure about games though.
    The Ability To Talk Does NOT Make You Intelligent
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tay Zonday
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Quote Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
    Dude if you are caught with illegal songs on your computer it can be up to a $500 fine for each and every song found. Im not sure about games though.
    yea but it all depends on which authors want to press charges.
    2.60>2.71>1.5>3.03OE-C>Semibrick>1.5>3.03OE-C>3.40 OE-A>REFLASH>3.40-HALO>1.5>3.40-HALO
    Have 3.40 OE-A?SHOW US! edited9/25/07 http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ions-here.html
    Custom Halo PSP

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Hockeyman's Avatar
    Before reading this thread I think people should go listen to Don't Download this song by Weird Al. It exsplains alot of this and is funny to boot. Oh and just in case you don't pick up on it he is being sarcasdtic. (It seemsa to me like he really does want you to download his song.)
    2% of the people on the internet have a sig that bashes 98% of the people on the internet. If you are in the 98% whoaren't bastard F***'s with a superiority complex, copy and paste this into your sig.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    wow, sucks to live in the states.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Madhatter's Avatar
    @HALOBOY No the gov't will press the charges not the artists.

@Hockeyman: excellent song ^_^
    The Ability To Talk Does NOT Make You Intelligent
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tay Zonday
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    wow to me this is a stupid thread. its common sense. you downloaded all that off limewire its youre own fault. download smart. why wont you say what kind of trouble you got into? did mommy find out and hit you?

No offense, but as big as things like Napster and Kazaa got on the news, that you didn't know what you were doing was illegal is bs.

And @Madhatter, the government takes action on behalf of the artists.

Wow, no offence free2rap i hear what your saying, and i agree but i can't ignore the overtone as if you were put up to the post by a laywer or judge as part of a plea bargin or a reduction in sentance for a crime you may have been caught doing, wich is cool, by all means if it helps you out.

Owner
    Xbox
    PSP3.51 firmware waiting for the down grade
    Wii

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    "fuck the recording industry of america. with their musical nazi ways of sueing 13yr olds for downloading a song off the internet. people were trading cassette tapes long before the internet and i didnt hear anyone complain about that"

-Foamy The Squirrel
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Quote Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
    @HALOBOY No the gov't will press the charges not the artists.

@Hockeyman: excellent song ^_^
    why would the govt crack down on dloaders when the songs are found being stolen by the artists.
    Custom Halo PSP

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast