Thread: So i got pulled over... What a jerk

1. #1 So i got pulled over... What a jerk 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I got pulled over tonight
    In my 93 Honda, with a loose headlight bulb, which i didn't bother fixing since I'm getting a new car tomorrow morning
    I get pulled over, obeying every rule in the book, and he tells me its for my headlight. I explain to him how I have anew car sitting at home, I just have to register it in the morning. He asked what i'm doing with the Honda, I told him that I'm either donating it, or selling it, hence the for sale signs in the cars side windows. He asks me if I swear I'm getting a new car. I assured him. He walks to his car, and comes out with a ticket saying "Try to get the headlight fixed"

What a dick.
    Also, now what do i do? Last time i got pulled over, I had to send in a receipt with the ticket saying i got the light fixed, since it was an electrical problem, but this is just a loose bulb.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Hockeyman's Avatar
    Well that does sound unfair and I am sorry (you won't have to pay anything will you?) But technically he had every reason to pull you over for a busted headlight.
    2% of the people on the internet have a sig that bashes 98% of the people on the internet. If you are in the 98% whoaren't bastard F***'s with a superiority complex, copy and paste this into your sig.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    All you gotta do is tighten up the bulb in the light housing and drive the car to the local police station. Show them the ticket and have an officer come out to inspect the light. Even without a receipt they should drop your ticket right then and there if the light is working and they can see it.

This is what I usually do when I get pulled for a busted light. Works every time.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    but I wont have this car insured today, my dad said just send in the reciept for a new bulb and it should be fine. Then my friend said go to court, and show him i got the new car so he knows i dont drive the junk car anymore.

and i know he had every right to pull me over, I dont care, but giving me a ticket, and making me get the headlight fixed although i explained that i wont have the car tomorrow? Thats just messed up.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Thats unfair, sell the car and pass the ticket over to the next driver.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    How much is the ticket for?

(I am sure that drizzle is willing to cover the cost for you) heehee

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demondude777 View Post
    How much is the ticket for?

(I am sure that drizzle is willing to cover the cost for you) heehee
    What? Why me? I am paying for a wedding right now so thats where ALL my money is currently going. Hell, I can't even afford the time and money to get my 40" HD TV fixed, so I am playing my ps3 on a 19" HD LCD monitor Good news is I should be able to pay for the wedding and honeymoon and everything without taking on any debt (bye bye savings account, lol), but I'll be broke til after this is all done. So try again in October... or just hit up Julie
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Cops are assholes.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker the begginer's Avatar
    hope that works out and you dont have to pay man fingers crossed.
    IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT BOTH PSP PHAT OR SLIM PM ME.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drizzle View Post
    What? Why me? I am paying for a wedding right now so thats where ALL my money is currently going. Hell, I can't even afford the time and money to get my 40" HD TV fixed, so I am playing my ps3 on a 19" HD LCD monitor Good news is I should be able to pay for the wedding and honeymoon and everything without taking on any debt (bye bye savings account, lol), but I'll be broke til after this is all done. So try again in October... or just hit up Julie
    That is right..what was I thinking.

Hey Julie, we are all going to speed through our states today....we will send you the tickets when we get the damage amount...=Þ

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

hows the cop being a jerk, you admited you were ignorant in not repairing the bulb and driving a vehicle in a state which could have been dangerous to another driver or pedestrian(if the other bulb just happened to burn out). Had the bulb just died or even if you said it did you probably wouldnt have got a ticket but in your case you deserved it.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Quote Originally Posted by myttsoup View Post
    hows the cop being a jerk, you admited you were ignorant in not repairing the bulb and driving a vehicle in a state which could have been dangerous to another driver or pedestrian(if the other bulb just happened to burn out). Had the bulb just died or even if you said it did you probably wouldnt have got a ticket but in your case you deserved it.
    Well said, awaits ban!!