Thread: Best FF

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Best FF 
    I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    I thought this was funny. Its about the FInal Fantasy game, 1 to 11.

Final Fantasy ????? ??????

i personally like Final Fantasy VII the best, but look wut they say.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    I agree with Final Fantasy IV (FF2 on the snes) being the best in the series. My favorite 2 FF games are the 2 snes games, FFIV and FFVI (or 2 and 3 in the US).
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

i found FInal Fantasy IV fun, but I think Final Fantasy VII was like a Maverick in the FF industry. THey should really remake it for like the PSP or PS3. I heard of Crisis Core but its gunna be totally different.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    FF 10 is my favorite thus far, with 12 in a close second.

I always liked FF8 and 9 more than 7...
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

FF6 hands down with FF7 in a close second.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atmaweapon View Post
    FF6 hands down with FF7 in a close second.
    Haha, with your user name and avatar that should be the expected reply from you
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

;D Yeah, I s'pose so. I really enjoyed FFX as well. Haven't been able to spend time on FFXII because my PS2's laser went bad =/.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    mystical quest of course

j/k.. im siding with FF6. i aslo enjoyed 9 alot
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    FF6, for sure. After playing that one you kinda start to see how bad 7 was. Yes, I said it. FF7 is definitely one of the worst FF games to date.

FFX was also good

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    ff7 was the FF game that set the standard for the ones following it. it was the first "next gen" game in the series as well. i like the story and the characters, but its so damn boring to play. ive never played more then 3 hours into the 2nd disk cause i lose interest
    R.I.P Zoidberg

this is so random but, julie u have the funniest sig lol.yea after seeing wut u guys said Im kind of liking FF4 more. Final Fantasy VII was pretty overrated and had horrible graphics. But I wonder why ppl luv it so much. Final Fantasy X was fun but it was really short. But all in all FF7 wasnt the worst game for me, Final Fantasy 2 was.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    I agree with a lot of what they said. I have been playing the Final Fantasy games since the 1st one was released on NES. Here is a rundown of each one in the main series:

Final Fantasy: Fun for its time...and still addictive, but a lot is broken with the actual game. Some spells don't work, ineffective attacks, and lots of other bugs.

Final Fantay II: Easily the worst of the series. The battle system is a nice idea...but it is so severly flawed. Gaining exp on what you do is cool..but when the best suggestion for getting more hitponts is attacking yourself..that is inexcusable. Also it is way to easy to take a wrong step and be completly slaughered because of it.

Final Fantasy III: Here is a great game of the series that can go either way: painfully hard or way too easy. But it is also a game I recommend picking up...and a DS to go with it. $160 for one game..that says a lot about it.

Final Fantasy IV: Welcome the BEST game of the series. The characters were likable, and the changes were major improvements. I don't know how many times I have played this game...but it still is the best. (And to settle a rumor...the SNES verson is not "Easytype")

Final Fantasy V: Hmmmm...this game boggles my mind. It feels like it is going to be good but it isn't. I've never been able to play all the way through it because I just get bored of it. It is missing something...but I don't know anyone knows what that exactly is....

Final Fantasy VI: Horrible characters, horrible characters, horrible characters. Need I say more? There isn't one interesting person in this game. Before finishing it I watched my friend play it (that was when I felt like I had to beat anything names Final Fantasy). He got sick of hearing me say, "I am about to rip this crap out of my SNES and throw it across the room." This also marks the decline of the classes by letting everyone use magic. So now everyone is a powerhouse...lame! But I will say this: Setzer with the fixed dice, black belt, and the offering is amazing!

Final Fantasy VII: Aka Final Fantasy Meidocre. Here comes Final Fantasy done...ummm..so-so. Really this game brought nothing new to the table except limit breaks (whee) and mini-games (yuck). Most people love it just because it was their first.

Final Fantasy VIII: This game works great....on paper! But execution killed it....no let me take that back. This game was killed by one word only: "Draw". Drawing magic was...to put it bluntly....stupid. After 20 minutes of drawing, what is next? Put the spells on your guy to make him all-powerful. So wait, which one does the healing? Oh that is right...nobody, because that will drop hitpoint stats!

Final Fantasy IX: This game is amazing, except for Quina (although he isn't as annoying as Gau). This feels like a true Final Fantasy....two thumbs way up, and third best of the series.

Final Fantasy X: Wow.....where to begin on this one. There is a lot wrong when you look at the big picture. There are characters you want to see die, but they are easy to make all-powerful, it is linear as hell, and mini-games galore -including "shitzball". But the weird this is that with all the wrongs...it feels...great. I guess the story and some characters just hookd me in. Surprisingly, second best of the series.

Final Fantasy X-2: Way to take the second best and turn it into a big brown nasty cow turd. I couldn't play this game for more than 6 hours, and I recomend the same for everyone else.

That is all I have done...comments?

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demondude777 View Post

Final Fantasy X: Wow.....where to begin on this one. There is a lot wrong when you look at the big picture. There are characters you want to see die, but they are easy to make all-powerful, it is linear as hell, and mini-games galore -including "shitzball". But the weird this is that with all the wrongs...it feels...great. I guess the story and some characters just hookd me in. Surprisingly, second best of the series.
    I guess blitzball is love it or hate it. I easily spent over 30 hours playing blitzball my second playing of the game. I loved playing that game, maybe because soccer is my favorite sport.....
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Lone_Nite's Avatar
    dont be hatin on the 7. quite possibly the greatest game ever made. as far as the worst FF game that'd have to go to FFII(not the snes version but the original nes version). i bought Final Fantasy Origins for the ps1 way back and FF2 was lame as hell. and for those of you who think FF7 had bad graphics compare it to other games of its time, they were top-notch, especially the CGI graphics. the CGI graphics were just mind-boggling compared to everything else at the time. compare the cgi from FF7 to the cgi from Arc The Lad (first japanese rpg on the ps1), they're from the same time period and the graphics arent even comparable, arc the lad had like a few 6second scenes that were choppy and grainy. FF7 revolutionized the modern day rpgs and paved the way for all the other great FF games that you've played since then.

i think FF7 shouldve had graphics like Final Fantasy VIII, and 8's graphics were pretty good for the ps1.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast