Thread: the begginer should be mod

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 the begginer should be mod 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    what the title says.

he's always helping people, always knows what he's talking about, has a lot of posts...

what do you think?

Retired PSP Elite Hacker fubar42o's Avatar
    I think having 6000 mods is enuff

"don't fucking ask me. i don't know..."

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker the begginer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fubar42o View Post
    I think having 6000 mods is enuff
    6000 mods? what you mean members you mean mod is a different thing.
    IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT BOTH PSP PHAT OR SLIM PM ME.

Out of all the 10 mods and 7 super mods, I've only seen 3 post and help, which would be DarkED, drizzle, and julie, I don't know if the other mods have a reason for not being as active, (IE: personal/family issues) but we still need more mods, and I think the begginer would be a good choice.

It was a sarcastic exaggeration, meaning we have more than a decent amount... we have like 20 mods + the admin. How many more do we need?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker the begginer's Avatar
    well ok being sarcastic but most of them are barley on here julie is on and drizzle are the ones that are one here most of the time thats only 2.
    IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT BOTH PSP PHAT OR SLIM PM ME.

It was a sarcastic exaggeration, meaning we have more than a decent amount... we have like 20 mods + the admin. How many more do we need?
    Look at some of the mods/super mods, some haven't posted anywhere from 2weeks, to 10 months..

We need one more active mod, which the beginner would be the perfect choice.

Ok. I do admit that alot of mods are MIA. Shalted and jsh have both been MIA for months... But still. why do we need more mods? are the ones we have now not doing a satisfactory job?

Yes but this site is growing, and a lot more n00bs have questions, and what if they pm an inactive mod? Whats the sense of have 3+ unactive mods, when you can demote them and promote one good active mod?

the admin knows the site is growing, and if he or other mods feel the need for more authority, then they'll post the news... I think having mods for the sake of having mods is a little redundant. *sips his cognac*

the admin knows the site is growing, and if he or other mods feel the need for more authority, then they'll post the news... I think having mods for the sake of having mods is a little redundant. *sips his cognac*
    If you take the one dude who has been inactive for 10+ months and replace him with the beginner, then whats the big deal? You have the same amount of mods, but getting one more active mod.

well, the point is, that even with the inactive mods, the site is doing fine. So we don't really need them anyways. A Regular mod may log in once or twice a day, to check up on whatever forum they take control of, but I see Julie logged in almost 24/7 so she should really take the place of 2 or 3 mods, and I see Drizzle posting all hours of the day as well so he obviously has no problem keeping an eye on most of the forum either... Drizzle, Julie, MatrixSucks, Admin, and whoever else seem to be doing a good job without all the inactive mod's presence, so we really don't need them.... Now I am not saying that having an extra mod wouldn't help, in some respect, so if Admin or some other mods feel the need ro switch the Beginner out with someone else, then so be it. But I personally don't see a need. Besides, I'm next in line to be a mod ;P *sips some more*

Quote Originally Posted by canadianbacon View Post
    If you take the one dude who has been inactive for 10+ months and replace him with the beginner, then whats the big deal?
    Respect. Alot of the MIA mods have done alot to help the site, and even tho they've been gone for a while, they still deserve the special treatment... Maybe for you young'uns that's hard to understand. Hehe *sip*
    Last edited by fubar42o; 07-26-2007 at 05:52 AM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    It does annoy me when useless/spam post/topics are left up for hours. We have 30,000 thousand members, if they would all be active, we would have a mod/admin (i used 20, but I'm sure it is less, like 10 or 15) for every 1500 members. If 10,000 members are active at least once a month, that still is a moderator for every 500 people. More useless topics or flame wars will happen, and the chance a moderator is on is very low. I've been one forum that had the same problem 4 years ago. It got to be a n00b city and me, nor any of my friends are listed as registered members as of 3 years ago, because it didn't want to put people in power. The mods and admins now do a great job now, but we do all have lives.
    Firmware History-
    1.0>1.5>2.71>3.11>3.50>1.5>3.40 OE-A
    Thanks to all who worked on 3.5 downgrader, you saved a PSP brought on the first day!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker miamiheat4life's Avatar
    yeah i think it would be a good idea to have a new mod, alot of the current ones
    are not that active. Plus with the admin trying to get more traffic on this site it would be a good idea to get another mod. And the begginer could be the next mod
    Last edited by miamiheat4life; 07-27-2007 at 04:03 PM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    We have enough active mods. If JSH or Shalted came back we would have too many.

ALSO: Post count means nothing.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast