Thread: Comp Help

1. #1 Comp Help 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Lone_Nite's Avatar
    could sumone help me with my comp? i know its more than likely the fault of windows vista but let me explain. my computer has decent specs for a laptop, intel dual core at 1.8ghz each, 1gig of ram, 512mb ATI Radeon, yet i cant seem to play any games at all really. i've tried several games that i have more than the minimum specs required and i still lag and have to play on the lowest resolution with literally everything turned down and i STILL lag a bit. i was just wondering if there was sum options i could mess around with to make my comp hog less resources so that i could get a little bit better performance out of my gaming. i know thats probably too much to expect for a laptop but i'd like to play with atleast the default settings on a game, like Titan Quest. right now the only thing that i've really done is switch back to windows classic theme, i dont know if that'll help or not.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    Welcome to Windows Vista.

You're having trouble because Vista is using all of your RAM. You should really use XP to play games right now, unless the game you want to play requires Vista (and even then, you can play most of those on XP with a hack.)

thats probably what i'm gonna be forced to do. does M$ still sell windows xp or would i have to obtain it thru "other" means? and how do i reformat my comp so that i can install windows? i'm a total idiot when it comes to comps so yeah....

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker spleblem's Avatar
    yes you can still buy xp but it might be harder to find.
    other means seems like the way to go.

im not to sure, but a mate was telling me the other day that he just put in the xp disc and followed what it said and it did it all for him. when he wanted to go back to xp.

or you can always just format your hardrive, formating your hardrive will also help your computer with playing games as it will completly clear up your drive.

or if you have a large enough hardrive you could keep vista and have xp as well. you just need to partition your drive.

how do i format my drive? is there a recovery disc that i'm gonna have to track down or can i do it without a disk?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker spleblem's Avatar
    you can do it with and with out a disc depending on your drive and bios
    just google it mate, theres loads of tutorials out there.

i tried google. i cant find anything specific about windows vista reformatting. if i happen to get a hold of a windows xp disc and just put it in will it automatically reformat my hard drive before it installs xp? i really wanna get rid of vista so any help is appreciated.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker dukepoth's Avatar
    Yeah man when you stick in the XP disc it will have an option for you to reformat your drive. The XP installation is fool proof. There is nothing that you can do wrong.
    If you search you'll never have to ask questions again! GOOGLE

..*SHouldve picked up the Phone..Couldve been sony :S*.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Dude don't reformat just yet, Dual boot XP with Vista, then you can have what Vista has to offer and what XP has to offer.

But if you do want to get rid, Just put the XP disk in and theres an option when installing and you can reformat from there.

Tip-If you do get a XP disk from 'other' then make sure you burn it right and make sure its bootable, If it isn't your fcuked and wont has an OS to do it again,

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    and if you do have a recovery disk make sure you have a serial number. i did what mrcon did then realized im serial number less and had only 30days to get one. heres a guide that i used, also used there vista to linux one too.How to dual boot Vista and XP (with Vista installed first) -- the step-by-step guide | APC Magazine

sweet thanks guys. my friend actually has a legit windows xp pro edition that he's gonna let me have. i was just wondering if 120gig hard drive is enough? and if i have both vista and xp how do i chose which one i want to run, cuz i'll more than likely never have a reason to run vista over xp.