Thread: Memory Card Problems

1. #1 Memory Card Problems 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP dj_chunk's Avatar
    iv just recived my 2gb ms but im having problems with it it wont let me load anything on it and when i try it says data error (cyclic redundancy check) and when i look under the games icon on its got shit loads of corrupt data icons even tho iv hiden them using the recovery menu.
    even more confusing for me is if i format the ms then look under the game icon it shows me the corrupt data icon then link it 2 my pc it gives me all the folders ie PSP, ISO, MUSIC etc etc but then i try loading a game it comes up with the redundany check shit so i click ok then if i look under the game icon again all the corrupt data icons have gone so link it bk up to pc and guess what ALL MY FOLDERS ARE GONE as if its picking it up as a mass storage device, so i format it again and then we bk to the start again with all the corrupt data icons under the game menu

WTF is going on any1 no?? plz help me iv been waitin for 2weeks for my ms to arrive

many thanks in advance

paul
    id like to thank the following people for helping me out even when they must think im a total retarded muppet but hey look at what iv managed to do lol many thanks go to....

Pirate-M.Lifnen, the begginer, Major Zero, HALOBOY, Got rice?, stef_o36, Alfox, mime, julie

3.40>3.50>lumines>1.50>3.40oe-a>3.51M33-1>1.50>3.40oe-a>3.52M33-2>1.50>3.40oe-a>3.52M33-4

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker dukepoth's Avatar
    You prolly got a fake memstick.
    If you search you'll never have to ask questions again! GOOGLE

..*SHouldve picked up the Phone..Couldve been sony :S*.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Are you sure you have all of your ISOs in the right folders? Do you have a UMD in the drive? I think the custom firmware requires a UMD in the drive for ISOs to work.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by matrixsucks View Post
    Are you sure you have all of your ISOs in the right folders? Do you have a UMD in the drive? I think the custom firmware requires a UMD in the drive for ISOs to work.
    its defo a ms problem and it is looking like its a fake ms as iv now inspected it and a few things dont look right according to this thread......

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/hardwar...ate-cards.html

like its missing the numbers and letters from above were it says "made in japan" and the "s" in the serial number thing thats ment to be italic aint and although the holographic (how ever ya spell it) looks real but the plastic packing only has a few joined bits at the top rather then all of them if ya no what i mean so i'll get in touch with who i got if off and see what hes says but good thing is that my stepdad got it and paid for it for me so if the dude starts being a dick i'll just order 1 in my name then tell him i can only pay by cheque so then i'll have his address and i'll go pay the fool a visit fcuking conning wa**ers
    id like to thank the following people for helping me out even when they must think im a total retarded muppet but hey look at what iv managed to do lol many thanks go to....

Pirate-M.Lifnen, the begginer, Major Zero, HALOBOY, Got rice?, stef_o36, Alfox, mime, julie

3.40>3.50>lumines>1.50>3.40oe-a>3.51M33-1>1.50>3.40oe-a>3.52M33-2>1.50>3.40oe-a>3.52M33-4

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixsucks View Post
    Not all of them do. You can turn on and off the umd loading feature in the recovery menu. But even turned off, I hear there are games that still require one to work right.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777 View Post
    Not all of them do. You can turn on and off the umd loading feature in the recovery menu. But even turned off, I hear there are games that still require one to work right.
    iv always got a umd in but what your saying is true