Thread: Speaker Setup

1. #1 Speaker Setup 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Lone_Nite's Avatar
    sup guys. just wanted some opinions. my old logitech 5.1 speaker system kinda shat the bed on me so i'm getting a new one. i've narrowed it down to a 2.1 logitech system and a 5.1 logitech system. i'm not much of an audiophile and i'm trying to figure out what the noticeable difference is between the 2 systems. the price range is a bit different but if the 5.1 system performs better then i dont mind paying a little extra. anyway here are the links, tell me what you think would be better. oh and i'll actually be using these for gaming and watching movies and stuff on my tv not my puter.

Buy the Logitech Z4 2.1 Speaker System (970175-0403) and other Computer speakers at circuitcity.com

Buy the Logitech® X-540 5.1 Speaker System (970223-0403) and other Computer speakers at circuitcity.com

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    well if there not gonna be used for a computer why not buy a home entertaint system? you can get one for $100.

i dunno, didnt look into it that much. i'd have to compare the watts in the systems and what not, but most $100.00 home entertainment systems probly wouldnt produce as good of sound quality as the logitech speakers i was looking into.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    im liking those logitech ones too. i recently have been playing my 360 on my pc monitor and need some new speakers. i never had speakers like that before. im only getting sound out of one speaker becaue i just plug the speaker cord thing into the left audio hookup on the 360. i havnt been able to find the adapter that goes in the right and left and gives me the hook up for the pc speaker setup, only the xbox360 vga monitor hookup, and i already got something better minus that one adapter thing.

i went to circuit city yesterday to buy the Z-4 speaker set and i ended up finding a Z-2300 set and couldnt resist. its quite the price difference, i paid like $155 for the Z-2300 as opposed to the Z-4 set for like $79 but i'm glad i ponied up the extra cash. The Z-2300 set is a 2.1 pumpin 200 watts rms and like 400 watts max power, where as the Z-4 was like 40 watts rms and 80 watts max power. i watched the bourne identity to test out the speakers and at half volume you can hear it in my basement and i live 2 levels above it lol. anyway i'm satisfied.