Thread: Best mods/hacks for your Computer!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Best mods/hacks for your Computer!? 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP BravePotato7's Avatar
    Alright, so we're all into modding and an messing around with our PSPs, but have you done to you computer? There's so much you can do on the PSP but there's probably a hundred thousands times that for the PC.

What have you done or seen thats really note worthy. If you think others would enjoy it, pass on the info.

Or

Are we all scared that we'll really break something?

Go!
    Its not just that I want to win, its that I absolutely refuse to fail. -Me

Help support the English language; type properly.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    dualbooting linux's and window's is all that ive done.

Quote Originally Posted by chinese people View Post
    dualbooting linux's and window's is all that ive done.
    Which Linux? How was it going from Windows to Linux?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    Well there aren't really "mods" for pc's, besides hardware mods (led's and such) because we aren't limited really..

You could overclock your cpu, you can dual-boot linux (ubuntu suggested) like chinese people said.

ive tried ubuntu, kubuntu, and Dream linux (pain in the ass, never got it working properly) windows ive done xp. weird switching between the two just because i find linux harder to use. i just stick with vista now. im gonna try dual booting with OSX as soon as i get a DL dvd.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    one of my computers is a PVR... I used a haupauge PVR350 tuner and myth tv

My Settop Box

Quote Originally Posted by chinese people View Post
    ive tried ubuntu, kubuntu, and Dream linux (pain in the ass, never got it working properly) windows ive done xp. weird switching between the two just because i find linux harder to use. i just stick with vista now. im gonna try dual booting with OSX as soon as i get a DL dvd.
    osx86? If so, dont expect anything other than integrated hardware to work. I have it installed on a drive (not in my computer right now, but i kept the drive anyway) and my soundcard and network card didnt work. It just wasnt worth giving up all of that for me. Thats actually the reason i dont use linux.
    I heard PCLinuxOS is supposed to be really good. I got a cd, but havent installed it yet. The ubuntu forums have never been helpful to me either. I have about 5 or 6 threads with no responses.
    I did mod my case. I found a better power supply, but the old one didnt have a master power switch on the supply itself, so i had to get out the dremel and grind away part of the case. It was actually kind of fun. My case is retarded, it opens up like a clamshell instead of having one of the sides pop off. If the side came off i would replace it with plexiglass and throw some leds inside the case.
    Very funny....not.

Hey, nice thread! I built a wickit server some time ago... I had this big ol PC laying around not doing anything, so i decided to convert it into the most badass server ever by giving it a nice looking lightweight case and make it 100% silent (aka; rip out all the fans and see when it explodes)

As you can see i managed to get it all in a Heineken crate and leave half of it empty so you can fill it up with cold beer (for cooling LOL)... the monitor and keyboard are just for setting up the server (one time thing).

Its been running DamnSmallLinux for about a year non stop now and im still waiting for it to explode
    Silver PSP1000 with double X2 3600mAh batteries and Go!cam running 3.52M33-4 with NYKO Charger Grips (psp on 2200mAh batteries) and a 4GB Sandisk Gaming MS Pro Duo, accompanied by a 120GB Hyperdrive Space.... You gotta love it

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Brock_Samson's Avatar
    Thats pretty sexy.. your making my e-peen grow , thats one kick ass box I gotta say. Is it a file server or a web server?

ur gettin a bone on over that war authority hahaahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by WarAuthority View Post
    Thats pretty sexy.. your making my e-peen grow , thats one kick ass box I gotta say. Is it a file server or a web server?
    Its a special 'i-dont-really-know-what-to-make-it-do-so-it-does-everything' kind of server... FTP, mail, SQL and webserver (with full php/cgi support). You name it, the little box has it

I dont use it 24/7 but its real handy to have a server around for when you want to experiment a bit or access some files over the internet when you are not at home.....
    Silver PSP1000 with double X2 3600mAh batteries and Go!cam running 3.52M33-4 with NYKO Charger Grips (psp on 2200mAh batteries) and a 4GB Sandisk Gaming MS Pro Duo, accompanied by a 120GB Hyperdrive Space.... You gotta love it

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Brock_Samson's Avatar

Wow, thats damn creative 1nt3rfe4r!

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1nt3rfe4r View Post
    Hey, nice thread! I built a wickit server some time ago... I had this big ol PC laying around not doing anything, so i decided to convert it into the most badass server ever by giving it a nice looking lightweight case and make it 100% silent (aka; rip out all the fans and see when it explodes)

As you can see i managed to get it all in a Heineken crate and leave half of it empty so you can fill it up with cold beer (for cooling LOL)... the monitor and keyboard are just for setting up the server (one time thing).

Its been running DamnSmallLinux for about a year non stop now and im still waiting for it to explode

wow thats amazing, using a heinekin box to creat that.............thats pretty hot

Well... its not all that difficult.. Just get some mates over, get really really drunk and POOF! Getting ideas like building a computer from old stuff you can find in the room you are in gets really easy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast