View Poll Results: Should i buy an XBOX 360, or a PS3? Or a 360 Elite?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • get a 360!

11 52.38%
  • get a PS3!

7 33.33%
  • get a 360 Elite! even if they are a bit more expensive.

3 14.29%

Thread: Should I get a ps3 or a 360?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Should I get a ps3 or a 360? 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker se_p800's Avatar
    Ok well, should I get a PS3 or a 360? I want you to take account the price difference. he PS3 might be better but its 150 more then the 360. Also there are more games out for the 360. Im either goin to get a 360 now, or a PS3 when GTA comes out. GTA won't come out for the 360 will it? Dont just vote for 360 if your a xbox fan, or PS£ if your a sony fan, take into account all the pros and cons. Thanks

btw this is not a 360 vs ps3 thread, i know there are tons of threads. This is what you guys think i should buy.
    Last edited by se_p800; 09-09-2007 at 10:03 PM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    It's up to you; I have a 360 and it's fun, but I do want a PS3 but it's just too much for me to spend..

GTA IV is coming out on the 360, along with exclusives for only 360.

I don't know how the online is of the PS3 but if you like great online go with the 360..

Oh wow, another ++ for the 360 then. I didnt htink GTA was coming out for it. And jees how did you reply so fast lol. And have you had any problems with the 360?

Quote Originally Posted by se_p800 View Post
    Oh wow, another ++ for the 360 then. I didnt htink GTA was coming out for it. And jees how did you reply so fast lol. And have you had any problems with the 360?
    Yes many. I'm on my 7th xbox, but I also got mine release date so I got all the crappy ones.. If you buy one now it should be fine, but you also do get a 3 year warrenty for free..

But I'm not voting; they're both great systems, both have pros and cons, it's up to you.. Right now xbox 360 has more games/exclusives but ps3 will get theirs in time, and xbox has been out longer for them to mess around with it.

Or you can get a Wii (ftw).
    Last edited by canadianbacon; 09-09-2007 at 10:10 PM.

Alredy have a wii great fun. and btw i see FTW EVERYWHERE! What the hell does it mean lol?. Your on our 7th? Were they all free? If there's a roblem do you just ship it out and get it fixed/get a replacement? Atm im more favorable towards the 360!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP vespalaney's Avatar
    Had a 360 nearly 2 years now and its been brilliant,not one problem with it, the online is great although you do have to pay for that and i hear you dont for the PS. Also massive catalogue of games available for 360.

DONT HIT KIDS.
    No.Seriously.They have guns now.

Quote Originally Posted by se_p800 View Post
    Alredy have a wii great fun. and btw i see FTW EVERYWHERE! What the hell does it mean lol?. Your on our 7th? Were they all free? If there's a roblem do you just ship it out and get it fixed/get a replacement? Atm im more favorable towards the 360!
    FTW=For the win

And yes you call up support and they ship you a box, and you send the console out, and you usually get a new one, unless your like me and have so many they don't want to waste any more money and repair it :P

I want a PS3 though, doesn't seem to have as many problems but I cannot see myself spending 500 on another gaming system..

Nik
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Nik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianbacon View Post
    It's up to you; I have a 360 and it's fun, but I do want a PS3 but it's just too much for me to spend..

GTA IV is coming out on the 360, along with exclusives for only 360.

I don't know how the online is of the PS3 but if you like great online go with the 360..
    What Exclusives are you talking about Canadian?

I vote for a PS3 about 90% of the games coming out for 360 are coming out for PS3 or are planned to come out for them. Also its nice having a Blu-Ray player the 80Gb one is getting a Price cut in December and will become the standard PS3 Also the Hard Drives don't matter they are Upgradeable super easy to do i have a 200Gb drive in mine took all of a hour to do and thats with goofing off and it DOES NOT void your warranty. All online games for the PS3 are Free ... for example Warhawk is free and a hell of allot of fun.
    Last edited by Nik; 09-09-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: warenty
    PSP 3.03->1.50 1.50->3.40OE
    PS3 Owner With a 200GB Hard Drive and Running Yellow Dog Linux on it.
    And a XBOX 360 Elite
    (>')> <('-')><('<)
    Dance Kirby Dance!

http://www.myspace.com/niktc

Senior Member I Modded My PSP vespalaney's Avatar
    The only advantage with the PS3 at the moment is the BlueRay player, but how much would you use that??

DONT HIT KIDS.
    No.Seriously.They have guns now.

immortal7792
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post

I vote for a PS3 about 90% of the games coming out for 360 are coming out for PS3 or are planned to come out for them. Also its nice having a Blu-Ray player the 80Gb one is getting a Price cut in December and will become the standard PS3 Also the Hard Drives don't matter they are Upgradeable super easy to do i have a 200Gb drive in mine took all of a hour to do and thats with goofing off and it DOES NOT void your warranty. All online games for the PS3 are Free ... for example Warhawk is free and a hell of allot of fun.
    Halo 3, Gears Of War, Lost Planet, Crackdown, Bioshock, and many others.

Nik
    Ves- Daily, either to watch a movie or play video games

Immortal- Bioshock is coming out for PS3 Feb 2008. Both Systems have a ton of exclusives and the question was directed about GTA IV unless i read it wrong. Again Both Systems have a Ton of exclusives PS3 is talking about 400 new and or down loadable titles by this time next year.
    And a XBOX 360 Elite
    (>')> <('-')><('<)
    Dance Kirby Dance!

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    360 ftw. I love my 360, and It never died on me yet, and I hope it never will. If ur lookin for the best shooters, online play, and excellence in graphics, sound, and gameplay, then 360 is ur best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    This: Grand Theft Auto IV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

During Microsoft's 2006 E3 press conference on May 9, it was announced that Grand Theft Auto IV would be available for the Xbox 360 and that Rockstar Games will offer exclusive episodic content via Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 version. This had been confirmed by Rockstar, announcing two extra, exclusive, episodes.[24] After the press conference, Rockstar Games' parent company, Take-Two Interactive, posted a press release announcing Grand Theft Auto IV will be released simultaneously for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms. On February 28, 2007 it was announced that exclusive episodic content will be introduced starting in 2008.[25]

Peter Moore, head of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business division announced that Rockstar Games is working on two GTA IV downloadable packs exclusively for the Xbox 360, which will be released after the full game. Moore described downloadable content as "epic episode packs", and not just extra cars or characters. A press release during the conference said that the packs would add "hours of entirely new gameplay" to the game.[26] The official Xbox website states that these episodes will last a minimum of 10 hours.[27] Details on the pricing of these downloads have not yet been revealed, though it would almost certainly not be released for free, as Take-Two Interactive's former CEO, Paul Eibeler, have said numerous times that these downloads would provide "additional revenue streams" to the company.

Nik
    That, guess i need to wait until 2008 to find out about that for sure. I Don't see them limiting the content just to the 360 those guys like to make a buck. Either way that game is going to be HUGE for both systems.
    And a XBOX 360 Elite
    (>')> <('-')><('<)
    Dance Kirby Dance!

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    Im not really looking forward to GTA IV. Wut I am looking forward to is Skate and Halo 3.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast