Thread: Body Mods = Bad Person?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1 Body Mods = Bad Person?! 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Daxmaurier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    513
    As the title says.
    There are alot of stereotypes about people with Body Mods (tattoos, pierceings, brands, etc etc) being bad people... Drug users, muggers, criminals, satan worshippers, etc.

    What are your views on this?

    Myself personally, I have quite a few body mods.
    14 pierceings and and close to 30 tattoos.
    I get alot of mixed reactions from the public. And now that I am working back in the public setting, I get to see those reactions more often.
    I see then, that at times, humanity is divided into three groups.
    One group could care less about the "Mods"
    One group does not like them (and some with voice their thoughts)
    One group will like/love them

    Working the cash register, I have had people come to my counter and call me down to the lowest, based on my tatt's and pierceings. One man even spent 10minutes trying to guess my "Gang Name", because as he said 'anyone with tattoos' is in a gang'
    But then, that same night, an eldery woman came in, and stated how much she loved the work I had done, and encouraged me to get more done.

    And intresting situation indeed
    Last edited by Daxmaurier; 09-25-2007 at 01:52 PM.
    PSP History
    V 2.81 -> Pandora -> 3.71 m33-2 -> 3.90 M33-3

    "Maybe... if you spend your life worrying... then the only way that your life will have meaning is if what you fear becomes real."

    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Retired PSP Elite Hacker fubar42o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,727
    I've never had anyone say they hated my tattoos... Young, Old, White, Black, Chinese, or even Female... They all compliment them. Hehe...

    "don't fucking ask me. i don't know..."

    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP sacko_ax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    438
    Its personal choice, i got my tattoos in memory of someone.. so why should that make me a bad person? If they dont like tattoos, its probarbly because they havent got any friends to show them too
    How To Make Pandoras Battery (with all files and a vid)
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/custom-...ory-stick.html
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker AndyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    707
    I personally have no prejudice against people with tattoos. I just think if you are going to put artwork permanently on your skin, that artwork should be halfway decent.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker spleblem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,301
    yeah, i have nothing against body art,
    sometimes it can look pretty good.
    but whats up with all the threads about body mods?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Daxmaurier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by spleblem View Post
    yeah, i have nothing against body art,
    sometimes it can look pretty good.
    but whats up with all the threads about body mods?
    I seen a whole 2 threads
    PSP History
    V 2.81 -> Pandora -> 3.71 m33-2 -> 3.90 M33-3

    "Maybe... if you spend your life worrying... then the only way that your life will have meaning is if what you fear becomes real."

    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,010
    I think that it's not that the folks with body modifications are bad people, but they're more open to things than those who haven't been worked on.

    I do drugs, and while I don't worship Satan, I'm an atheist, and a big supporter of making your own decisions by yourself.

    So, it's not that the people with tattoos are bad, just that the people who are more open to body modifications are also more open to other lifestyles, and are more in tune with themselves, and are capable of deciding something for themselves...
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

    "The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Bamhsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    398
    No. People assume that people with tattoo's are bad because tattoo's are commonly used as a symbol of gangs, prison sentences and just criminal activities in general.

    Like Pirate, you said that you do drugs. That makes me want to make the inference that you're not very smart. I don't know what kind of drugs you're on but it's commonly known throughout that doing drugs just for the fun of it is medically dangerous and just stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate-M.Lifnen View Post
    Plus, the advert is a girl eating snow...
    +1 for the snow.



    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,010
    Who said that I'm doing drugs "just for fun"? Not me, that's for sure.


    You have absolutely no clue why I do what I do. That would make you a dumbass for just coming up with a shitty "explanation" as to why I might do something, without having any sort of prior knowledge.

    And, while, it may be commonly known in the world of television commercials and "STAND" adverts that doing drugs is medically harmful, in the medical world, it's just the opposite. As, doctors are having a very difficult time finding anything "dangerous" about marijuana. More and more is being uncovered, medically, about how not-dangerous, and non-threatening the use of the drug is.
    As for it's recreational use being stupid... Well, that's an opinion. Which means it can't be "well known" or regarded as a fact in any sort of manner. And, attempting to site an opinion as fact... Well, that's just stupid!
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

    "The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,334
    i have no problem with tats etc... im going to get some myself,although not any piercings, ive only had my ears pierced lol


    Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Bamhsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    398
    Hm. I believe I never said that you we're doing drugs just for fun. I said: "it's commonly known throughout that doing drugs just for the fun of it is medically dangerous and just stupid."

    "As for it's recreational use being stupid... Well, that's an opinion. Which means it can't be "well known" or regarded as a fact in any sort of manner."

    I stated the fact that many people share the opinion on the topic.

    "You have absolutely no clue why I do what I do."

    Yeah, I don't know why you were on any drugs, and I didn't try to offend you, but obviously I did so for that I'm sorry. When you say "I do drugs" it can be taken in either two different ways; that you do drugs for a medical reason, or not a medical reason which would lead a common person, such as myself, to believe that you do it to get "high".

    "As, doctors are having a very difficult time finding anything "dangerous" about marijuana."

    If you told people publicly that you were on marijuana, the average person wouldn't say that is a good thing, they wouldn't say that doctors think that marijuana is good for you. You become intoxicated when taking marijuana. You're mind doesn't process as quickly as it would normally and leads to accidents that could have been avoided. Marijuana is known to lead to psychosis and respiratory cancer.

    So why don't you calm down, I didn't mean to offend you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate-M.Lifnen View Post
    Plus, the advert is a girl eating snow...
    +1 for the snow.



    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamhsc View Post
    Hm. I believe I never said that you we're doing drugs just for fun. I said: "it's commonly known throughout that doing drugs just for the fun of it is medically dangerous and just stupid."
    The way you said it made it perfectly obvious as to what you meant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamhsc View Post
    "As for it's recreational use being stupid... Well, that's an opinion. Which means it can't be "well known" or regarded as a fact in any sort of manner."

    I stated the fact that many people share the opinion on the topic.
    You can't have it commonly known, when there's nothing to be known.
    People can share beliefs. It can be a common thought, but you can't commonly know an opinion.

    That's all I was saying. Just don't act like it's a fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamhsc View Post
    "You have absolutely no clue why I do what I do."

    Yeah, I don't know why you were on any drugs, and I didn't try to offend you, but obviously I did so for that I'm sorry. When you say "I do drugs" it can be taken in either two different ways; that you do drugs for a medical reason, or not a medical reason which would lead a common person, such as myself, to believe that you do it to get "high".
    I do it to get high, but I don't do it simply for fun.

    I do drugs to try see the world from a different perspective. To look at the world, and have an entirely different point of view.
    It allows me to understand events, actions, people differently, as it provides a totally different lens in which to view life.

    So, yeah, if I get some kid telling me that I "do t3h drugz0rz for funz" and that
    I'm "s000 stooop1d" I'll get a little mad.

    It's nothing for you to critique, it's nothing for you to judge, and it's not there so that you can "take it in either one of two different ways."

    That's not why I do it, and that's not what I expected to get...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamhsc View Post
    "As, doctors are having a very difficult time finding anything "dangerous" about marijuana."

    If you told people publicly that you were on marijuana, the average person wouldn't say that is a good thing, they wouldn't say that doctors think that marijuana is good for you. You become intoxicated when taking marijuana. You're mind doesn't process as quickly as it would normally and leads to accidents that could have been avoided. Marijuana is known to lead to psychosis and respiratory cancer.
    Are you positive that the average person wouldn't say it was a good thing?
    Are you certain that they wouldn't say that doctors think it's good for you?

    No? Hmmp. It sounds like you're making up "facts", and pulling false statements out of your ass again.

    A lot of grown adults still smoke, and tons more have tried it.

    Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html]NIDA[/url]
    In 2004, 14.6 million Americans age 12 and older used marijuana at least once in the month prior to being surveyed. About 6,000 people a day in 2004 used marijuana for the first time—2.1 million Americans. Of these, 63.8 percent were under age 18.
    That's a lot of people who have smoked, and look, 36.2% of 2.1 million people were above 18 when they smoked it for the first time. That's a lot of people.
    So, I'm willing to guess that a good percentage of "average people" would be happy that I was high.

    As for people believing that doctors think marijuana is good for you.
    Well, we all know that medical marijuana is in use. So, I'd guess a lot of people would say that they agree with that too.

    But, that's besides that fact that I didn't even say anything of the sort.
    "Non-harmful" is far from "beneficial"

    As for "your mind not processing as quickly". I once again bring up this point.
    How can you be so sure?
    Are you a doctor?
    A physician?
    A nurse even?

    Then how do you know?
    Are you a representative of a well known and highly respected doctor of this field?
    Are you in any way qualified to state these claims as truth?
    Then how do you justify calling upon these false and ludicrous claims?

    You can't can you?
    Then stop making shit up

    The same can be applied to the "Marijuana is known to lead to psychosis and respiratory cancer." As, it's not known to lead to psychosis, and it's the smoking of the plant that is known to lead to respiratory cancer.
    It's not the plant, it's the act of smoking it.
    At the very least, one could eat it and never be in any danger of respiratory cancer.
    Let alone the fact that it's just something that could happen. I.E. It's known to lead to respiratory cancer in some people.

    I'm not too worried about it though, 'cause everything causes cancer now-a-days...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamhsc View Post
    So why don't you calm down, I didn't mean to offend you.
    Not to worry, I'm perfectly calm. Just because I argue with correct statements and true, backed up, proven facts doesn't mean I'm mad or angry.

    But, this is all off topic, as this thread is not about marijuana morals, rather body modification. So, we all need to not post about how bad, good, or anywhere in between marijuana is in this thread, and start posting about your views on body modifications and the people who have them.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

    "The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,291
    I think people could have body mods. It doesnt mean they're bad people. I might get a tatt for the one I love when I grow up. I hate stereotypes. They say asians are all schoolwork and videogames:bull. I play sports. Football and basketball, I hang out on friday nights, I do anything anyone does.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    ♥ man ass PSP Elite Hacker carp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,920
    heres a fun fact.
    my friend colten came in to school high for test and passed with 80%-95%.
    when he came in sober he failed.
    when he smoked everday he had straight a's.
    when his mom started testing him he failed the rest of the year.
    im pretty sure it was just to piss them off but the point is he did better when on drugs.

    but as for as body mods goes i would have to say i like tattoos. as long as tehre not completely dumb (the leopard dude or the lizard dude). but like those implants that they get to have horns and crap look dumb. the day i move out of my house im ganna get THUG LIFE on my left forearm, just cuz im appearntly " a hata".
    I'm a fag.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,291
    well drugs do get rid of stress and it really calms u down, but u do sum crazy shit if u get too stoned. Thats why I dont do that crap. I seriously have no problem with smokers and drunks though, I just don't like it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Any body here has a Hybrid Pandora?
    By PlayStation® in forum PSP Hardware & Repair
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 04:34 AM
  2. Body Mods
    By Daxmaurier in forum Off-Topic Discussion
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 10:43 PM
  3. hello every body!!!!!!
    By mak 10 in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 03:07 PM
  4. has any body used this battery
    By dustin343 in forum PSP Hardware & Repair
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •