Thread: 30 Days Of Night

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 30 Days Of Night 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stef_o36's Avatar
    I went into the theater hoping for at least a decent scary movie after so many flawed ones this year...and i got much more than i expected. This was definitely worth the 8 bucks i paid for it.

The shots in the movie are superb. The landscapes, the town, the blood, everything was done so amazingly. The vampires were so damn believable! That's the reason it's so scary...the designs are so amazing...the blood on their face, the eyes, the teeth. And they are not over the top either...just look at this:

that's not a beard lol! it's blood...damn cool effect. danny huston is a badass vampire in this movie. Josh Hartnet is VERY good at his role. Actually all the characters were amazing in this movie. I think the reason this is is because nothing is too over the top. It makes you believe that it could happen in real life which is what left me trembling.

Once the action starts in this movie it doesn't stop, be prepared to jump on many occasions. Here's an overview of the movie:

In an Alaskan town, once a year there isn't any sunlight for 30 days. The vampires, seeing this as opportunity, send a guinea pig to cut the power off in the town so that they can traverse without getting burned alive. They immediately start to prey on everyone in the village and it's a fight for survival from the beginning till the end. The survivors must camp out in many different locations for 30 days until the sun comes up and the vampires disperse...

Very cool concept...if you love vampire movies then this is a must see! Go like right now! I loved this movie and will be seeing it again tonight as well!

9/10
    For amazing shots, characters, and plot...
    Trust me, if I could make love to my PSP...I would...

Wanna learn how to make your own coldboot? Check out this guide: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ot-cintro.html

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Dathan's Avatar
    Yea I have been wanting to check this movie out, but like you said so many were flawed, I was just like f*ck it! But if its really that good then I will go see it tonight
    Upgraded My first PSP all the way to 3.51!!! Hell yea, then got online the next night and found out you can mod them, so I yelled as loud as I could with my inside voice WTF?!?!?!?! I sold it to some dork and bought a used one for 80 bucks... So 2 crappy nights and 80 bucks later!!!!!

2.71>2.8>3.51 M33> 3.52 M33!!! Best 80 bucks I have ever spent!!!
    (\/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny.
    Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Junior Member PSP User
    I can't wait for this to come out in the UK.

There hasn't been a decent horror film out in a long time.
    The Silver Son

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    I'm not saying I support this, but I heard it was horrible.
    The movie was supposed to be boring. And, there's supposedly no good gore, blood, unique deaths or anything.
    I haven't seen it just yet, so I don't know; but I'm a serious gorehound, so idk how I'll like this one.

That actually reminds me. Every couple of months, a friend of mine has a Horror Movie festival. Where, he invites literally anyone to come to his house to watch horror movies for 24+ hours.
    At like 4 in the morning, in the middle of some z-star movie, we compiled a list that a perfect movie needs to have.

What I remember of said list is as follows:
    1. Blood. Lots of blood
    2. Nudity, the more the better
    3. Blood and Nudity in the same scene. I.E. Naked girls getting slaughtered...
    4. Unique Deaths. There's only so many times you can see someone get slit in the throat with a cut-throat razor before it's just boring. We need more of these.
    5. Not just blood, but also, some good gore. Brains, intestines, eye ball goo...
    6. Ideally, zombies.
    7. If not zombies, some good monsters. No boring as vampires...
    8. A demented killer is always(sometimes) a good choice.
    9. If not a "demented" killer, one willing to kill with no actual motive is typically neat.

That's all I got. Reading that, how does 30 Days of Night stand up?
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    this movie was awesome u should check it out u wont be disappointed...
    2.82>3.11>3.50>Lumines>1.5>3.40OE-A>3.52m33>3.52M33-4>BRICKED>3.71M33V2>3.71M33V3>3.80M33V5

i think you have an unreliable source pirate lol...there's some really good gore in this movie and there are parts that will scare the hell out of you...

btw, that pics fucked up

Wanna learn how to make your own coldboot? Check out this guide: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ot-cintro.html

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Coming from a filmakers point of view, how is it?
    I dont see horror movies anymore because the gore and cheesy acting, but the way stef describes it makes it seem very interesting. I wasn't planning on seeing it, but hey, anything is better than "we own the night"!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Country's Avatar
    I've heard mixed reviews from both sides, some love it, some loathe it, some couldn't care less cause they didn't stay through the whole thing. I'll probably end up seeing it, but i'll more than likely wait til it hits the cheap theatre, just in case it sucks, i won't feel ripped off

ya you either like it or love it form the reviews i read...i was one who liked it but read up some reviews justin if ya need some help deciding bro...great movie in my mind

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker spleblem's Avatar
    i haven't seen a good scary movie in along time
    ill have to make sure i watch this one, seems great

Senior Member I Modded My PSP rubanito's Avatar
    that movie shure iys good, but...will it release in portugal?

Look im not saying that you are stupid, i meant that you are really stupid

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Nosympathy's Avatar
    i could tell from the preview that this movie was going to be different, and was going to finally be a Horror movie. I haven't seen it yet, but since some of you seem to feel like i do about Horrors, i can't wait to give this one a shot.

and to justin, i feel ya there man. These directors now-a-days seem to think that horror is alot of blood and things blowing up. I think back to the Halloween movies, which were amazing, and although there was blood, it was minimal compared to today, and they were actually scary!

i am kind of afraid of the new halloween movie, because im afriad if i see it, it'll be so badly done that it'll ruin the old one for me. I know this is for a diff movie, but anyone able to make a comparision?
    Last edited by Nosympathy; 10-23-2007 at 07:23 PM.
    18/12/2007 05:19 PM free2rap622: i know
    18/12/2007 05:19 PM Nosympathy: stuff aint cheap, but it'll give you cfw...
    18/12/2007 05:19 PM Nosympathy: means u need alotta 24K gold
    grayfox_snake: u write inglish fine
    12/12/2007 05:43 PM The_Mechanix: yeah
    12/12/2007 05:43 PM Nosympathy: and the smallest penis
    12/12/2007 05:43 PM The_Mechanix: nick nack paddy whack i still got the biggest sack

Quote Originally Posted by Sire_Smith View Post
    I can't wait for this to come out in the UK.
    I totally second that ,its out on the 1st november, we always have to wait! its so unfair

Everyday i stand at the bus stop after school and its advertised there, and its like its teasing me with its "Out on november 1st" sign

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Senior Member I Modded My PSP rubanito's Avatar
    lol that was funny

Look im not saying that you are stupid, i meant that you are really stupid

to be honest, to me blair witch was the last real "scary" movie. It wasnt about spectacle, but rather psychological. Thats the best horror IMO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast