• PS3

10 90.91%
  • iPod Touch

1 9.09%

Thread: PS3 or iPod touch?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 PS3 or iPod touch? 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    This is not a debate wether which one is better, and not a hating thread on console either.

I have a 360 & Wii already. If you were in my shoes, which one would you buy and why? (Don't say shit like "well 360 and wii are teh sux, so get a PS3")

I just need to know, I can't make a damn decision, both are tempting and I can't decide.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Do you already have a MP3 player? If so, get the PS3. If not, get a Creative Zen vision:M and save yourself 200$
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by matrixsucks View Post
    Do you already have a MP3 player? If so, get the PS3. If not, get a Creative Zen vision:M and save yourself 200$
    I have my phone, it plays MP3's but it's not the best and drains my battery..

But I don't like the Zune's/Zen's/iPod classic's/nano's/ etc..

So it's either the iPod touch or PS3.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    $400 burning a hole in your pocket? The PS3 dropped in price recently, so it isn't going to go down anytime soon, but I wouldn't be suprised to see an iPod price drop early in 2008.

If you have a 360, you don't really need a PS3 right now unless there is a PS3-only game your dying to play. The new Eyetoy is coming out in 2008 though and its supposed to be able to do some pretty cool stuff, and there was an article in Game Informer stating that in 2008 Sony will be realsing an update for the PS3 to allow PSP users to stream content from their PS3 and even play PS3 games. They said they're working on how that's going to work with the missing buttons though.

As for the iPod touch, it depends on how often you're out, or if you use a home dock. I only use my iPod in my car because I'm really not on-the-go enough to warrant carrying the thing around. You could use it around the house too, but wearing headphones for long periods is supposed to cause damage to your ears, even at a low volume, so unless you're getting a dock (in which case why not just listen to mp3s on your PC?) I wouldn't spend the $400.

I'd have to say get neither now, but I'm leaning toward the PS3, depending on some of the developments in early 2008.

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixsucks View Post
    I love my VZ:M...
    The only thing I don't like, is that the firmware hasn't been cracked...so no homebrew
    Oh, and the battery/usb/video dongle thing.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I owned the ipod touch... Its cool, but nothing really special. I'd say get the ps3, and go online with that one. It also has a blue ray dvd player built into it, which alone is worth $400+ dollars.

The ipod touch's only best feature is the touch screen, the internet is ok... the itunes store isnt even all that great.

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    Even though PS3 isnt amazing, you should get it. I still has some good games...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    ps3. a 16gb mp3 player with internet isnt wort the price.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP whitelamp's Avatar
    Firewire Ipod FTW.

That said, I'd go w/ the ps3, even though I'd rather save up for that ultra-slim
    macbook...

Quote Originally Posted by Cros View Post
    $400 burning a hole in your pocket? The PS3 dropped in price recently, so it isn't going to go down anytime soon, but I wouldn't be suprised to see an iPod price drop early in 2008.
    Hahaha, no. My family is weird, and I'd rather take the $500 (give or take how much) and just save up for a car, but they want me to open something on christmas, so basically these are the only two things I want (besides a new PC but can't afford more then like $600 on one thing) so..

The PS3 is winning so far, but I'm going to wait until the poll ends to make my decision.

I've used both, but I can't decide.

PS3 looks awesome, but I'll be driving in a year, so I don't know how much I'll use it (I don't have a HDTV so I can care less about blu-ray)

But I don't listen to music 24/7 on the go, so I don't know how much I'll use a $500 iPod.

but keep voting guys thanks for your opinions.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    why the hell would u spend $400 on a 12gb mp3 player? skip the fancy touch screen bs and buy the current gen of standard ipods. theyre 160gb
    R.I.P Zoidberg

KmR
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker KmR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julie View Post
    why the hell would u spend $400 on a 12gb mp3 player? skip the fancy touch screen bs and buy the current gen of standard ipods. theyre 160gb
    16GB actually,

It has a lot of cool features though.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    Revolutionary multi-touch interface
    3.5-inch widescreen color display
    Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
    Safari, YouTube, iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store
    8mm thin
    Its pretty damn cool, but I would rather get the iPhone. The iPhone is only $400 now. I'm considering on getting one, maybe you should be too.

But, (60 x 24) + 400 = 1,840. 60 = monthly price, 24 = 2 yr plan, 400 = the phone itself, 1840 = too damn much.
    Last edited by KmR; 11-01-2007 at 11:40 PM.
    Google.com - Man's best friend.
    Prizerebel.com - Free shit. It works. Received $183.864 worth of prizes so far.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    if ur not a 24/7 music guy...PS3
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Follow this thread to earn some free stuff w/o a credit card!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...-refferal.html

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    thats still too much money for 16gb. atleast with a 160gb, u can use it as a backup drive too
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Madhatter's Avatar
    Are we all forgetting that the PSP can play music? So what is the point of buying an MP3 player anyway? Just get an 8gb memory stick and fill it with music, to switch out on the go.
    The Ability To Talk Does NOT Make You Intelligent
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tay Zonday
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast