Thread: Someone is trying to scam me, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Someone is trying to scam me, lol 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Im selling my car so i listed it on craigslist. A day later someone emailed me asking about it. I replied with all the info about the car i had. In the next message the person said they will pay me 3400 for the car (i had it listed 3400 obo) and they will send a check for 6500 which i should cash, then take 3400 out for myself and give the remaining part to the delivery person who will come pick it up. They said its a 'pre-paid' shipping service so i have to deal with paying them with the buyer's money. I told the person im not taking any personal check at all, so they can agree to send me a u.s. postal service money order and i want their name and address in case there are "problems" with the transaction. They never sent me any info about themselves, but hastily responded with "ok so money order send me your info" and that was all.
    The original plan (with the check) is an obvious scam with a bad check that will bounce at their bank after i pay the "delivery guy" and give them my car, so i would be out a car and $3100. Right now im just trying to take up as much time as possible and hopefully piss them off until i get their info which i will do dome investigating on.
    I dont know how they plan on scamming me with an official money order (if they are trying to scam me) but im not relaxing too much yet.
    People suck, but i kind of find this whole thing amusing.
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP pazuzu's Avatar
    if they actually send you the money order i would cash it and keep it all. and than i would move.

fat 3.40>3.50>lumines ulus 10002>1.50>3.52 m33 v.4>sold

slim 2001>pandora>3.80 m33 v.1>3.90 m33 v.3>5.0 m33 v.6

yeah, ill just throw all my shit in my car and move, cuz thats worth $6500....
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP pazuzu's Avatar
    ok. just send me the money order than.

fat 3.40>3.50>lumines ulus 10002>1.50>3.52 m33 v.4>sold

slim 2001>pandora>3.80 m33 v.1>3.90 m33 v.3>5.0 m33 v.6

Senior Member I Modded My PSP GenJackson's Avatar
    good luck, i just about got scammed online the other day. no fun. no fun at all

I don't mod much anymore, but I do give good game advice.

---------------------------------------------------

2.82 > 3.03 > GTA:LCS > 1.50 > 3.40oe > 3.52m33 v.4 > me.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP sandrock9984's Avatar
    That scam is called the Bounce exchange. Made popular by ____.. Smart feller who came up with it..
    PSP---> 3.30-->3.50-->1.50-->3.52-m33---> 3.52 m33-4...oh yea...----> 3.71 m33-3..greatness, i hope.. UPDATE:: Upgraded to 3.90-m33 --> 5.00 m33-6!!

people suck in general, so it doesnt really surprise me. I repoted them to craigslist so all is well
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Dathan's Avatar
    Canada, f*ck 'em dude!! I just wouldnt do business with those c*cksuckers at all. That sounds fishy as hell, if you do get their info, I would turn those bastards in for a reward....down payment money, think about it........ lol
    Upgraded My first PSP all the way to 3.51!!! Hell yea, then got online the next night and found out you can mod them, so I yelled as loud as I could with my inside voice WTF?!?!?!?! I sold it to some dork and bought a used one for 80 bucks... So 2 crappy nights and 80 bucks later!!!!!

2.71>2.8>3.51 M33> 3.52 M33!!! Best 80 bucks I have ever spent!!!
    (\/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny.
    Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    A guy tried to scam me though ebay the other day. He sent me a message saying that he never got his item and that he wanted a refund. Luckily I get delivery confirmation service on everything I sell, and when I mentioned that it had been delivered to his address the day before he just sent me a long list of cusswords.

Quote Originally Posted by Dathan View Post
    Canada, f*ck 'em dude!! I just wouldnt do business with those c*cksuckers at all. That sounds fishy as hell, if you do get their info, I would turn those bastards in for a reward....down payment money, think about it........ lol
    theres really no need to censor cock/fuck.
    I have their email, im thinking about mass spamming them, but that requires work and i am pretty lazy.
    I told them i will give them my info only if they send me their info first. I never heard from them again.

So, uh, still trying to sell the car if anyone wants in on it....
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cobray Gordon's Avatar
    Haha, sending you 6500 hahaha man thats priceless. Man scammers these days, at least make up a better lies than this. Well yeah lol.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

My 1st PSP= 1.00-1.50-2.71-2.80-3.03OE/A-3.40OE/A-Bad cfw=bricked-1.50-3.52 m33

New PSP= 2.00-1.50-3.52 m33 I love M33!

Free PSP ISOs,MUSIC AND MOVIE DOWNLOADS!!!!
    CLICK HERE!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Bamhsc's Avatar
    Lol I got the funniest blatantly obvious scam email the other day:

My Dear Friend

How are you together with your family i hope that all is well if so glory be to God amen.
    It's been long I heard from you. Well, I just want to use this medium to thank you very much for your earlier assistance to help me in receiving the funds, without any positive outcome. I am obliged to inform you that I have succeeded in receiving the funds with the help of a new partner from Paraguay.

Everything was perfectly done because we strike a deal with one of the Lady accountant who works with the Federal Ministry of Finance (FMF) and she rendered a tremendous help to us. My new partner initiated this idea and everything worked out successfully. In appreciation of your earlier assistance to me in receiving the Funds.

I have decided to compensate you with the sum of $1.5 million in a Cashier's cheque of ( one milloin Five hundred Thousand United States Dollars). This is from my own share. I did this simply to show you that it is good to do good things to the right people always. Presently, I am in Paraguay for investment project with my own share under the advice of my partner.

Meanwhile, I didn't forget your past efforts and attempts to assist me in transferring those funds despite that it failed us somehow. I will be sending you e-mail from time to time to know if you have received your share or not. Now contact my personal assistant in Benin.
    Here is my personal assistant contact in Benin contact him urgent for him to send the Cashier's cheque to you imedaitely.

Bellow.

Name __Mr Benson Wason

Ttelephone__ +229 952 499 41

Email___ ( bensonwason88@yahoo.fr )

Best Regards.
    Barrister Williams Rich

Whatdoyou think? Hahahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate-M.Lifnen View Post
    Plus, the advert is a girl eating snow...
    +1 for the snow.

If there werent about 30 grammatical errors it might be semi-believeable. If people are going to scam someone you'd think they would take the time to learn at least 3rd grade english.
    Very funny....not.

KmR
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker KmR's Avatar
    The same thing happened to my dad. Just ignore them.
    Google.com - Man's best friend.
    Prizerebel.com - Free shit. It works. Received $183.864 worth of prizes so far.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    Here's one that I got,

FROM THE DESK OF MR MOMODU ALI
    MANAGER BILL AND EXCHANGE.
    AFRICA DEVELOPMENT BANK.(A.D.B)
    OUAGADOUGOU,BURKINA FASO.
    WEST AFRICA.
    Dear Sir,/Madam,
    I know that this message will come to you as a surprise. I am the bill
    and exchange manager of Africa Development Bank (ADB), Ouagadougou Burkina faso. I Hoped that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident that i am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families. I need your urgent assistance in transferring the sum of ($18.5)million to your account within 10 or 14 banking days. This money has been dormant for years in our Bank without claim.
    I want the bank to release the money to you as the nearest person to our deceased customer(the owner of the account)died along with his supposed next of kin in an air crash since July 2000.For more information about the crash you can visit this siteBBC NEWS | World | Europe | Families wiped out in crash) I don't want the money to go into our Bank treasurer as an abandoned fund. So this is the reason why i contacted you so that the bank can release the money to you as the next of kin to the deceased customer. Please I would like you to keep this proposal as a top secret and delete it if you are not interested.Upon receipt of your reply i will give you full details on how the business will be executed and also, note that you will have 25% of the above mentioned sum if you agree to handle this business with me.Waiting to hear from you.
    Thanks
    Yours truly,
    MOMODU ALI(A.D.B)

I actually responded saying this,

Hi, my name is John Gibbons. I would be very interested in helping you with
    your bank transfer. Just tell me what to do or give to you to get started.

Sincerly,
    John

(Just so you guys know, my name is not John.)

Here's what he said after that,

John
    Note, before i contact you i have made every arrangement that will lead to the success of this transaction you only apply to this bank as the next of kin to this deceased customer i am here to be giving you every information that will encaurage you till the end of this transaction.
    Now your dutty is to agree with me and provide an account where this fund will be transfered to in our favour do not entertain any fear atll, because if this will bring problem i would have not caontact you due to it will effect me. just be free minded we are going to achieve this airm only if you can follow my instructions accordingly.
    Here is the text of application just apply to the bank through their email address which is
    adbank_bf@laposte.net
    Please apply immediately and contact me so that i will be monitoring it to be giving you a successful information. please you can call me because i cannot call you from the office for them not to know my discaussion with you, i hope you will understand me.
    best regards,
    Momodu

_HERE IS TEXT OF APPLICATION.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ATTN: ALHAJI ABU TRAORE,
    FOREIGN REMMITTANCE DIRECTOR,
    AFRICA DEVELOPMENT BANK (ADB),
    OUAGADOUGOU,BURKINA FASO.
    SIR,
    "APPLICATION FOR THE RELEASE AND SUBSEQUENT TRANSFER OF MY INHERITED FUNDS OF
    ( US$17.5 MILLION DOLLARS) FROM ACCOUNT NO, 2627578-2341
    I,am......... the cousin and next of kin to late MR FRANCIS JOHN ASKUNO
    your client who held the above account number
    and who died in 2006
    I discovered the above account details in my late
    brother's private bedroom in (TURKEY) and as his next
    of kin, I humbly appeal to your honoured office to
    release and transfer this money in to my receiving bank account details below.
    (1)my bank name is .................................................. ..
    (2)my bank address is .................................................. ..
    (3)my bank account number ................................................
    (4)my bank telephone and fax number....................
    (5)my personal
    address........................................... .....
    (6)my personal telephone and fax numbers...............................
    (7)my private email address is.........................................
    (8)my occupation........................................ ................
    I shall appreciate your prompt attention to this my
    application as I promise to abide by all your
    transaction rules and regulations.
    Thanks Yours
    sincerely.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast