Thread: All of my RAM being used?

1. #1 All of my RAM being used? 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stef_o36's Avatar
    i have 2 gb of ram and when i look in the task manager it says that most of it is being used...can anyone help me diagnose this? if it's not useing a lot of my ram then i can get a solid 25 fps in world of warcraft but when it's all being used it gets only gets like 13...
    Trust me, if I could make love to my PSP...I would...

Wanna learn how to make your own coldboot? Check out this guide: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ot-cintro.html

Senior Member I Modded My PSP cmcd14's Avatar
    what are u running when you play? try disabling all unnecessary apps. bring up task mngr and see what program is using the most. vista itself practically uses a GB. right now i just have firefox open and it's using 883 MB outta my 2 GB. so ya. i notice u're playing a lot of games. i seriously suggest you switch back to windows XP. your laptop will run games 10x better with XP.
    Last edited by cmcd14; 11-04-2007 at 10:46 PM.
    2.6>2.71>1.5>3.03 OE-C>3.52 M33>3.52 M33-4>3.9 M33>3.9 M33-3
    FIFA 07
    4 GB Mem Stick

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    hhmmm. Try clearing up your RAM with SmartClose download and review - close all running programs from SnapFiles Great to use when your computer is slow and closes excess programs.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    cmcd14: holy crap, firefox for me very rarely goes over 200mb. In fact right now i have a total of ~250mb being used total. Im on firefox with 3 tabs open and listening to music. Thats probably because im using xp lite
    Check to see what processes are running and kill everything you dont need on. Also, turn off all the services you dont need on. That gets a bit technical but i think its done the same way in vista as xp. run the command "msconfig" (just type it in the search box in the start menu). Go to the services tab and disable anything you know you dont need. If you are unsure, just leave it on. Then go to the startup tab and take everything off you dont need. For me i just have comodo and NOD32 on the startup list. You'll want to leave your firewall (if you use anything other than the windows one) and your a/v, but most of everything else is a waste of ram.
    Very funny....not.

Administrator PSP Elite Hacker admin's Avatar
    u must of installed some software that auto starts and puts it self in to memory when you boot. Uninstall any recently added software, also what virus checker arr you using?
    PSPMOD Administrator : Useful Links Below

PSPMOD Guides : Downloads : ChatRoom : Free PSP Downloads

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stef_o36 View Post
    i have 2 gb of ram and when i look in the task manager it says that most of it is being used...can anyone help me diagnose this? if it's not useing a lot of my ram then i can get a solid 25 fps in world of warcraft but when it's all being used it gets only gets like 13...
    Definitely check to see if you have a virus....
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP cmcd14's Avatar
    im telling you guys, it's vista. vista requirements are 1 GB of ram. it's not a virus, vista uses that. u are using XP, it doesnt use much ram. vista uses a lot. regardless of whether or not you shut down all apps on startup. vista uses around 800 mb.
    2.6>2.71>1.5>3.03 OE-C>3.52 M33>3.52 M33-4>3.9 M33>3.9 M33-3
    FIFA 07
    4 GB Mem Stick

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Not true. I had vista installed on my machine a while ago (got rid of it because there is no comodo for it atm) and it used about 300mb with no programs running. All you have to do is turn of the running services you dont need to use.
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Nosympathy's Avatar
    Dood, u might wanna check to see if ure ram is corrupted.

The windows laptop i used to have had 3 gigs of ram, and i had roughly 2.5 gigs of the ram corrupted, found a program to decorrupt the ram, and i was amazed my comp ran so fast.

Most people would never expect that to happen, but it is possible to have ure ram get corrupted.

I dk about a freeware program to decorrupt it, but there are programs. I found out through zonealarm i think, that i had corrupted ram, looked it up, and found it happens, and most people never think to check that.

it may see the corrupted ram and assume it is being used. This may not be your problem at all. Just a suggestion, as i know prolly 85-90% of average comp users would never expect this.
    18/12/2007 05:19 PM free2rap622: i know
    18/12/2007 05:19 PM Nosympathy: stuff aint cheap, but it'll give you cfw...
    18/12/2007 05:19 PM Nosympathy: means u need alotta 24K gold
    grayfox_snake: u write inglish fine
    12/12/2007 05:43 PM The_Mechanix: yeah
    12/12/2007 05:43 PM Nosympathy: and the smallest penis
    12/12/2007 05:43 PM The_Mechanix: nick nack paddy whack i still got the biggest sack