Thread: Xbox360 vs PS3

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Xbox360 vs PS3 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP woogle84's Avatar
    Well I have heard different things about them both. I have been wanting to get a newer system, but cant decide. What do you think...Xbox360 or PS3?
    GOOGLE is your friend, use it

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    I love my 360. Achievements are addictive, Xbox Live is an amazing product, and the Xbox gets a very good selection of titles. The PS3 has always gotten stuck with crappy titles, but that is getting better (even though Devil May Cry 4 isn't PS3 exclusive). Supposedly, in March-ish, they'll be releasing an update allowing you to play your PS3 games on your PSP through remote connect (read it in GameInformer) but I'm not sure how thats going to work with the limited button selection. Also, beware, if you are interested in back-compatability the new $399 PS3s don't have it; I don't think the Xbox 360 Arcade does either.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker VeryThinPSP's Avatar
    I agree....it is all about the achievements. They really make you want to play the whole game and unlock everything to get them. However, isn't the PS3 cheaper in the long run? I am not sure....I have never researched it. I know it costs alot of money to buy all the add-ons for the 360. The PS3 is gonna have some amazing games.....but I am just a Final Fantasy fan.
    3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!>3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!

8 Billion dollars wasted. Increased federal spending led to increased use.Time to stop?
    Very Funny STUFF FOR SALE!
    PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    I hate these threads.
    There are hundreds of them.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker VeryThinPSP's Avatar
    I mean when you add the extras onto the price. Like the HD and wireless etc. Isn't that like $250 right there? I know the wireless is $100 not sure about the HD though.

EDIT: It was even more then I thought.

Xbox 360:

Wireless Adapter
    HD Player
    Xbox 360 System

$560 +tax

PS3:

PS3 System

$500 +tax
    Last edited by VeryThinPSP; 11-25-2007 at 04:32 AM.
    3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!>3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!

8 Billion dollars wasted. Increased federal spending led to increased use.Time to stop?
    Very Funny STUFF FOR SALE!
    PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Jackdaripper920's Avatar
    I suggest the ps3 cuz now the 360 and ps3 are about the same price...and the ps3 has so many feautures that if u use it for a day u will understand, the 360 is actually more expensive cuz its much more expensive when u buy the add-ons.. the real ps3 title will be coming out in 08... 360 has a bigger variety of games but thats only cuz it came out 1 year b4 the ps3..the 360 is ore customizable... on ps3 online is free so u dont get no bills.. the ps3 graphics are amazing and i luv watchin blu ray movies cuz it makes u feel like ur in the movie.. u can get the 360 cuz its a good system(its not bad) but i really reccommend the ps3 and i think its a smarter investment.

Best Sigs by MajorZero

Senior Member I Modded My PSP woogle84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate-M.Lifnen View Post
    I hate these threads.
    There are hundreds of them.
    It wasnt my goal to make a long dron out debate about wich is better.
    I just needed the opinons of people that had one.

And thanx every one for the help I think I made up my mind.
    GOOGLE is your friend, use it

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    it honestly doesnt matter which one u buy. they all are receiving a majority of the same games w/ a handful of exclusives each. i personally prefer the 360's controller since i like FPS games, but ill eventually get a ps3 when gran turismo 5 is released. my opinion would be to examine each systems exclusive titles and see which one is better suited to your tastes and go from there
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    if you like online play get 360...but PS3 quality will get better and will most likely surpass 360
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Follow this thread to earn some free stuff w/o a credit card!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...-refferal.html

10. #10 i prefer PS3 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    if you're gonna ask me... i would choose PS3. why? i'm working on a callcenter and since we also cater XBOX 360... such headaches receiving calls everyday about 360 not reading, and if your Xbox 360 has 4 blinking lights and still not loading... you're dead. no offense but i think they still need to improve more

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I would choose xbox 360, because of its great online play ablities. I dont think the PS3 will be able to beat it in that way, but the PS3's future abilities seem better i think,like better games are going to be released i think

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

It really just depends on what games you want to play. Look at the exclusives for each system, then decide. If you like shooting games, the 360 is the best, but if you like rpg's and other genres, the ps3 is what you want. I would choose ps3 personally. The price is really evened out. The ps3 costs what, $100 more than the 360? Thats 2 years of xbl, so in two years the ps3 will have paid for the difference, plus in two years its going to be way more powerful than the 360 in terms of everything thanks to the fancy hardware sony put in it. Built-in wifi makes it a ton easier to set up too, you can play anywhere in your house without having to run cables, this also makes the media-center capabilities that much more useful.
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP heatzone07's Avatar
    If you want the big titles its a no brainer, get the 360 with Gears of War, Halo 3, Bioshock, and Mass Effect on its shoulders you'll be busy for a few months along with, Custom Soundtracks, Xbox Live. But if your a Final Fantasy, MGS, Ratchet and Clank fans go with the PS3 you should also try Uncharted or Warhawk, they're both fantastic games, along with the fact you have a fully fledged Bluray player in it is also a great bonus. A much better deal as its more futureproof. In terms of online play as good as Xbox live is hyped out to be it really isn't. When playing games I almost always experience lag its not bad all the time but its definantly there, whereas in PSN I haven't had any lag during online play, ANY lag!!! They are both great systems so its really up to you...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Brock_Samson's Avatar
    Both systems have their ups, and of course downs. I'm a Microsoft Fanboy, so I do love my xbox systems.
    I also know the possibilities of what PS3 may one day become, But with their poor management it's not doing them very well to say the least.

Down to the 360, You got the new Arcade bundle which now replaces the Core system bundle. The premium package (A must), comes with 2 Good games, and the Elite package (120GB HD & Black). The newer systems are coming out with HDMI outputs for players who have HDtvs. Of course you can go with the normal HD component cables because there is no extreme difference between HDMI/Component. (Varies mostly on HD-TV/360 signal output for quality).
    Always go first party on the wiring, 3rd party usually isn't as good when it comes to wiring components.

The 360 games, vast amount thats for sure. Taking many exclusives away from the Playstation 3, can't blame em to jump to 360. (companies need to make a profit to survive). Many of this years titles have now been released and each one can carry you quite a ways. Some being assassins creed, call of duty 4, mass effect, just to name a few. Of course PS3 does have better rpgs than 360 will ever have I believe.

The addon HD-DVD player is a must if you got the HD-TV, it's seperate and quite affordable to other standalone HD-DVD players. It connects to your 360 via USB2.0A|B and plays right through your HDMI/Component cables.
    Of course they have the current 5 HD-DVD movies with proof of purchase, and not long ago they had the Season 1 Heroes HD-DVD set with the purchase of the HD-DVD player from amazon.com | walmart.com.

There are of course the negatives for the 360, The main one being the Red light issue. It's mostly due to the GPU of the system which has shitty cooling. CPU cooling is fine as it is. With a nyko cooler it helps it out quite a lot. Also where you place the unit is also a good idea to be a "Ventilated location".

Online play, Yes you might see some lag from time to time, but most those foreign basterds lagging the game. but overall the quality is far great than the free servers on the PS3 at the moment.

Now the PS3 does have its power though, it's a well designed system to which can have a good 7-10 year shelf life like the PS2. The only flaw is it's Blu-Ray player they have which cuts the price up higher than the 360.
    Now don't get me wrong, but with sony's dealings in format wars they don't really stay on top forever.

The PS3 has been used in scientific research because of its design and it does house some good power over the 360. I can't complain about that (even considering eventually buying one to add to the collective). But Sony is marketing the damn thing the wrong way. You've seen the commercials, and how they go about how superior their product is. Should infact market it more like the Wii marketeers do.

The games are OK to say the least, they do have some good ones here and there of course, most of them being multi platform already. Warhawk is a good one, it's pretty much like a Battlefield 2 style game. Only limit is it's playability is online only. No offline skirmishes . I'm no expert in Sony games, but there are some good titles out for the system at the moment.
    The only game I personally would buy the PS3 over would be for the upcoming Gran Trismo HD.

Online play from what I've heard is about the same as the 360 just has a few different things here and their. Only thing I do know is that sony's firmwires do "fuck up" the games. Recent one being the 2.0 patch where it made assassins creed unstable. Their quick fix eliminated the problem in a way i suppose, but the 2.01 firmwire now screwed up call of duty 4's multiplayer (quite funny if i say so.)

Any hoots its lunch time at work :P. Ill continue later.

Quote Originally Posted by WarAuthority View Post
    Of course you can go with the normal HD component cables because there is no extreme difference between HDMI/Component. (Varies mostly on HD-TV/360 signal output for quality).
    Always go first party on the wiring, 3rd party usually isn't as good when it comes to wiring components.
    The only time you would really notice a difference in component vs hdmi is on tv's larger than 42". HDMI has higher bandwidth so their is very little loss (theres very little loss on component too, but hdmi is alot better). If you arent incredibly picky, hdmi isnt a requirement.
    I would actually advise against buying name brand cables. They charge way too much and it really doesnt make the quality any better. Especially in the hdmi dept. Sure, monster cables are shielded well enough to withstand anything, but the signal is all digital, so even if there is some interference the binary gets rounded to either a 1 or 0 and you get the exact same picture. Monoprice.com is the place to buy cables. Component cables are different though, since they are an analog signal there is no rounding because there are no 1's or 0's essentially. Still, unless you have a microwave sitting next to your ps3/360 you shouldnt have a problem.
    Very funny....not.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast