Thread: Nintendo DS - What can I possibly do with it? downgrade? Isos? what?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Nintendo DS - What can I possibly do with it? downgrade? Isos? what? 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    Hello there all,

Well Brittany got a Nintendo DS Bundle one day ago the PINK one with the pawn on

I really dont know a THING about the DS. What can we do with it? Can you play Isos? Emulators?

Whats the best thing out for the DS right now?

Thanks!

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    I havn't looked into this too much really, but I think you need to get some kind of "supercard", available on the web, then you'll need to flash your DS, and then use an SD card to hold your stuff...

And, the stuff seems to be homebrew and DS roms...
    Not too bad...

Hope this helps, haha. Good luck.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    nintendogs! thats all you need
    Last edited by Julie; 11-26-2007 at 06:57 AM.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Retired PSP Elite Hacker fubar42o's Avatar
    You can buy Memory Cards in the shape of a DS cartridge (GBA as well) and you can run backup games off of it. I've never done it myself but I have a friend who is into that whole scene. From what he says DS games are only about 20 megs or so a piece and some of the DS cards you can buy go up to 2 gigs and even more. I don't think you need to downgrade either, but dont quote me on that. As far as roms go I think all it can play is DS, GBA, GB and the sort as well as homebrew apps.

P.S. 1000th post w00pw00p.

"don't fucking ask me. i don't know..."

Pirate! , Fubar!

Thanks so much guys! looks you all are right. I did a quick search on this "supercard" and theres one and CHEAP. Its called "R4" The size of a DS Cartridge and you can insert MicroSD card in it up to 4GB I think..

Julie: Haha yeah she LOVES the Nintendogs! she was sad though .. She wanted the chihuahua... That one is not included in the game. :P haha.

Fubar congrats on your 1000 post! And wow 20MB is the size of a DS game. Looks like this people can carry the WHOLE library in their mem stick.

thanks again !! now eBay :P
    Last edited by mime; 11-26-2007 at 07:13 PM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP heatzone07's Avatar
    Hey Mime I have an R4 DS myself and was thinking about selling it so if your interested let me know. Its in pristine condition, and I'd happily add all the things that came with it. Although I must say I too was excited with the presumption of having every good game on the DS in one card, believe me its not the case. Most games well if they're good at least will be between 60 -120 mb much better considering the PSP's case but still not what I expected. Of course you can avoid this by buying a bigger microsd card, but I didn't feel like investing anymore on the DS So let me know, i'll post pics sometime this week, as soon as I get a hold of my camera.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    unfortunately for the ds, homebrew and psp style hacks require additional hardware. i dont really think its necessary to do that with the ds, just because of the great software u can buy for it. the psp was seriously lacking for awhile, so people got bored and started dicking around with them, and homebrew was formed.

but hey, why not fuck with it right? stock sucks
    R.I.P Zoidberg

This was the key to your last comment ...

Quote Originally Posted by julie View Post
    but hey, why not fuck with it right? stock sucks
    True additional hardware is required but look what you get from it the entire DS library, plus its so much easier to play a game by selecting it from a list rather then shuffling through 20 different DS Carts. Lets face the facts people who buy the (Supercards, R4s) aren't in it for the hombrew applications, except maybe for occasional moonshell which lets you play mp3, and certain video files. I mean who the hell actually wants to play a subpar port of DOOM? Its for the pirated bliss people achieve from having every DS game in the palm of their hands.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stef_o36's Avatar
    right here mime: Smart Search - ConsoleSource.com

it's awesome, my baby when it comes to ds lol
    Trust me, if I could make love to my PSP...I would...

Wanna learn how to make your own coldboot? Check out this guide: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ot-cintro.html

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker rex922's Avatar
    use the r4 it rocks
    PSP Journey:
    3.71OFW->Pandora->3.71m33->3.71m33-2->3.71m33-3-->1.5--->3.52m33->3.52m33-4->3.71m33-4--->5.00m33-3+1.5Kernel+UPTv5.0.2
    U.P.M.S Easy Installer Guide/CwCheat+IRSHELL/Cintro For 3.71m33-3(Almost)

Quote Originally Posted by heatzone07 View Post
    Hey Mime I have an R4 DS myself and was thinking about selling it so if your interested let me know. Its in pristine condition, and I'd happily add all the things that came with it. Although I must say I too was excited with the presumption of having every good game on the DS in one card, believe me its not the case. Most games well if they're good at least will be between 60 -120 mb much better considering the PSP's case but still not what I expected. Of course you can avoid this by buying a bigger microsd card, but I didn't feel like investing anymore on the DS So let me know, i'll post pics sometime this week, as soon as I get a hold of my camera.

Heatzone man,

If your R4 is in pristine conditions and 'nothing' is wrong with it and you have all the stuff that comes with it.. Sure thing man I'll take it off your hands and more if your leaving the good stuff in it.

Let me know all right ?? I dont have cash right now but I can pay via "Paypal" if thats all right with you ?

Let me know for how much yoru willing to sell it first.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker rex922's Avatar
    with r4 u can even put gamesaves in ur ds
    PSP Journey:
    3.71OFW->Pandora->3.71m33->3.71m33-2->3.71m33-3-->1.5--->3.52m33->3.52m33-4->3.71m33-4--->5.00m33-3+1.5Kernel+UPTv5.0.2
    U.P.M.S Easy Installer Guide/CwCheat+IRSHELL/Cintro For 3.71m33-3(Almost)

Sure thing Mime but I'll post some pictures too. Its in a great condition but you should always look before you buy...you know. Right now my camera is undergoing repair so if your not too hasty I'll be able to get the pics up by Friday for sure. When I bought it, it came with the DS Cartridge of course, a case for the R4 DS cartridge itself, A micro SD reader, and a System software mini CD. (The disc itself is useless as the latest firmware can be downloaded online, but I will still include it.) In terms of pricing just PM me what you think it would cost and what your willing to pay, and we'll take it from there.

The R4 is a great device, not only can you edit your save files but it also comes with a built in cheat device for the inner gameshark in all of us.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP GenJackson's Avatar
    i hate that the ds hardware is only fast enough to emulate up to snes. (go psp), however i to will be getting that 4 gig card. it's def. worth it. i found 1 card with a small usm hookup that looked pretty cool, i just don't remember what it's called

I don't mod much anymore, but I do give good game advice.

---------------------------------------------------

2.82 > 3.03 > GTA:LCS > 1.50 > 3.40oe > 3.52m33 v.4 > me.

Here are a couple of pics for those interested in buying the R4 from me. Its in fantastic condition its been lightly used, adult owned...asking price is $60 shipping included if within the US, otherwise we can negotiate.

Cover

This is what came with it...

The R4 Cartridge (Front)

The R4 Cartridge (Back)

Case for the R4

Micro SD Card Reader (Note MicroSD card not included)

And there you have it PM me or reply to this thread if you are seriously interested in purchasing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast