Thread: A Little Obsessed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 A Little Obsessed? 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stef_o36's Avatar
    "Ha, Crysis got to be the representitive of our PC gaming world lol.

I am not SURE if this game is BETTER than Half Life 2 , the best PC game ever, or not..

But so far, the graphic, sounds, gameplay.. everything's been heck of a nice stuff to me..

I swear This game should not have been rated 8.8 by useres.

Only reason It got 8.8 out from users is because the console game players are just pissed that Crysis didn't come out as a console haha.

Let me tell you console gamers reading this.

PC is the best 'console' to play online games, or play SHOOTING games.

Addition to taht, I don't see 360 tournament or PS3 tournament.

We have starcraft tournament, Warcraft tournament, Counter Strike Tournament, WoW event tournament thing, Call of Duty Tournament thing etc. etc.
    so we win, pc win haha go away console players ! >_<

Please, don't rate this game so low JUST BECAUSE YOU DON"T LIKE PLAYING GAME ON PC !!!!

That's just not fair don't you think ?

What if i went on Gears Of War or Halo 3, or Resistance Fall of Man's thing for console,, and rated all "0" ?

Wouldn't you be pissed ?

EXACTLY we don't like that either plz.. -_--

Oh.. got off subject.. lolz.. ANYWAY, this game IS the best out there SO FAR, beats COD4, in anyway yes..

If you thuoght you knew what the real game is.. you actually don't really know it till you play this >_< !!"

A kid posted this on ign...he's saying that we should stop bashing on the pc when really, his whole speech is bashing on consoles and saying that they suck compared to pc...he's convincing himself the whole time...seriously pc gamers, stop getting so butthurt and stop convincing yourselves the pc is better...if you give a lot of reasons then it makes it seem like you're insecure.

We get that you're in love with the pc...but comparing a console to the pc is ridiculous...of course it has better graphics you retards, it's a fucking computer.
    Trust me, if I could make love to my PSP...I would...

Wanna learn how to make your own coldboot? Check out this guide: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ot-cintro.html

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    pc's are ahead of the curve, but in reality, theyre more expensive to operate. anyone who wants the latest hardware has to drop $600 or so every 3 months on a new video card. yet, u can buy a capible console that is guaranteed to play the games made for it for the same price, and get 6yrs of use out of it. pc's normally need to be played with in order to play the game u just bought. i like pc gaming though... consoles are catching up finally as well. the development of better analog sticks has lead to controlling FPS games on a console a little easier... which is very much welcome
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    I completely Agree with you stef

PC is the big daddy right now, im upgrading mine right now the only thing left to buy is the graphic card which I'll be waiting for the GTS ver 2 to be out. hopefully will be cheaper than the Ultra.. probably not. but what else.

The graphic card wont go bad in 3 months thats way too fast. Right now I have the 6800 ULTRA PCI-E 265mb.. This is the BEST graphic card from the Series 6.. And even though theres series 7 and 8 at the moment. My card is impressive...

If you get the ULTRA of every series. You'll do good for a YEAR and a Half... then upgrade.
    Last edited by mime; 11-26-2007 at 08:50 PM.

it definetly wont go bad in 3 months, but alot of power users wanna have the best of the best when it comes out, so theyre swapping cards quite offen. ive had the same ati 9600 in my desktop for 3yrs, but then again, i dont game on the pc too much. everyone will be upgrading again real soon since the DX10 cards are beginning to go mainstream, and all the new games are gonna be coded to run in DX10, which means you HAVE to upgrade.

pc is miles ahead of the consoles in terms of graphics. they have more powerful cards and higher resolution monitors, so naturally the games are fantastic looking. all ya need is a good rig to play them on... and that wont come cheap

bang for the buck right now is the consoles though. a ps3 running linux might be enough to replace the normal duties of a pc (messanging, net surfing) and still run some apps in addition to playing impressive games and going online for free to play with your peers. all you need is a HDTV and a good net connection. i think the ps3 is the direction the next generation of consoles is gonna take. more like a home entertainment system and less like a video game system. sure, it can play games, but it aslo might replace the duties of a standard pc in the future and combine your workstation and gaming area into one place
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member I Modded My PSP cmcd14's Avatar
    ya it's true. i would love to continue PC gaming like I did back in high school, but the price tag on the latest and greatest video card is just too high. I can put together a computer for like 300 and then the gfx card alone is another 300-400. Though shooters are better on the PC, I'll have to stick with consoles. I've found that there are actually more console gamers than PC. I really think the PS3 has caught up with the power of a normal PC because of the SPU. I can't wait to get one and hook it up to HDTV I get for christmas. It just looks like there are gonna be some really quality games coming out for it in the next year.
    2.6>2.71>1.5>3.03 OE-C>3.52 M33>3.52 M33-4>3.9 M33>3.9 M33-3
    FIFA 07
    4 GB Mem Stick

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Crysis is one beautiful game. I dont do much pc gaming at all. My computer is really just a work machine, if i want to play games i have an xbox and a ps2 for that. I dont like having to buy a new video card every time a new game is out. IMO, the developers are just too lazy to work out how to use current hardware to its full potential and instead force everyone to buy the newest hardware to run their game. But what do i know...
    Very funny....not.

far cry ended up on consoles, so crysis may be ported also(I can hope) I think PC's are great if you have $ to throw away, but game developers dont seem to try to squeeze as much as possible out of current cards. Also PC games have to be made so they can be scaled to run on an average videocard, which must hold back the potential of a game.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada2113 View Post
    Crysis is one beautiful game. I dont do much pc gaming at all. My computer is really just a work machine, if i want to play games i have an xbox and a ps2 for that. I dont like having to buy a new video card every time a new game is out. IMO, the developers are just too lazy to work out how to use current hardware to its full potential and instead force everyone to buy the newest hardware to run their game. But what do i know...
    *sigh

I bought my computer about a year and a half ago for around 400$ (excluding monitor, I already had one), and I can play Bioshock on low settings. If I got another Gig of RAM (or just a single gig of fast DDR2, as my RAM right now is a tad bit slow), I figure that I'll be able to play it on medium settings pretty damn well.

You don't have to update your graphics card for every new game. Crysis is the single game that you absolutely have to have an amazing rig. I bet if you get a rig for about 400-600$, it'll last you two-three years without any upgrade. After that you might pay for a 140-170$ graphics card and (maybe some faster/more RAM), and you'll be fine for another two years. Then another CPU/Mobo combo, and you'll be good for another two years.

If you are too lazy to make minor upgrades every two years to play the latest shit, then you're just too lazy. It is like saying you are too busy to go to a Best Buy and buy a 360, because you feel that developers could develop better games with your specifications.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixsucks View Post
    ...and I can play Bioshock on low settings.
    That ruins your whole argument. Im sure i can play whatever game i want on my pc if i turn the settings down to the lowest possible, but thats not how a game is meant to be played. New games arent supposed to be run at 640x480 with no anti-aliasing and 30fps. Its playable, but its not the experience you should have with the game. If developers learned their hardware like ps3/360 dev's so we'd see alot better games for lower-end systems. Granted theres about 6843213 different hardware configurations out there, but in terms or graphic they only have to know ati and nvidia chipsets.
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker rex922's Avatar
    crysis does rock
    PSP Journey:
    3.71OFW->Pandora->3.71m33->3.71m33-2->3.71m33-3-->1.5--->3.52m33->3.52m33-4->3.71m33-4--->5.00m33-3+1.5Kernel+UPTv5.0.2
    U.P.M.S Easy Installer Guide/CwCheat+IRSHELL/Cintro For 3.71m33-3(Almost)

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    Crysis is a BITCH!

Even 8800 GTs have a hard time running that game, but still is playable. The game is without a doubt a master piece. made by Germans if im not mistaking.

Bottom line is PC will kick the PS3 ass no matter what in every single aspect! EVEN if the PS3 is cheaper than a PC.

I remember when I was a HUGE fan of Need For Speed III Hot Persuit back in 98. I was soo shocked by how beautiful the game was USING a shitty "3Dfx Voodoo Banshee" using 16MB!!! and less than 100MB of ram on a PC.

I didn't have the money to buy a Voodoo Card so I went to a friends house and Played it on his "PS1" the game almost made me PUKE... Looked horrible, was @#&#37;.

PC will always RULE the games.. If you want to be called a TRUE DAMN GAMER! you need a PC. You cant be hardcore gamer with a stupid console, What? OHH MAN I beat single player.... na.. You cant even mod your games with a console... With PC you can add cars to Need Fors Speed, Hacks, Mods, You can add weapons skin, Skins to Call of Duty, You can overclock your hardware and make your rig the best of best.

PC will be the ruler..... always.
    Last edited by mime; 11-27-2007 at 04:29 AM.

germans. creators of badass cars and dogs. and now games. go germany
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker rex922's Avatar
    yeah crysis has been really well designed with its graphics
    PSP Journey:
    3.71OFW->Pandora->3.71m33->3.71m33-2->3.71m33-3-->1.5--->3.52m33->3.52m33-4->3.71m33-4--->5.00m33-3+1.5Kernel+UPTv5.0.2
    U.P.M.S Easy Installer Guide/CwCheat+IRSHELL/Cintro For 3.71m33-3(Almost)

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stef_o36's Avatar
    i heard you need like fucking dual 8800 GT's to get that game to run perfect...i'm not gonna lie though...it's the sexiest game i've ever laid eyes on
    Trust me, if I could make love to my PSP...I would...

Wanna learn how to make your own coldboot? Check out this guide: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ot-cintro.html

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Brock_Samson's Avatar
    You only need a single 8800 GTX for the running for crysis, Running twin SLI 8800's are a waste unless you want 4 monitors hooked up together. There are of course Quad SLI boards around which allow x4- x16PCI-e Graphics cards, but it's mostly for the ability to set extra monitor support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast