View Poll Results: what do you think of Michael Moore

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • He is God's Gift to the World

    5 21.74%
  • He's a fat ugly liar

    10 43.48%
  • don't care.

    8 34.78%

Thread: Michael Moore

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1 Michael Moore 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP GenJackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    348
    Personally, I hate this guy, my girlfriend on the other hand seems to think he's absolutely amazing. It's been proven that he lies and edits material to make people look bad, but still fans seem brainwashed into believing that he's still legit. I really don't understand. I just watched "Michael Moore Hates America" by Michael Wilson, and i highly recommend it to anyone who get's into the whole Moore thing. either way, i just wanted to know your thoughts on him.

    I don't mod much anymore, but I do give good game advice.

    ---------------------------------------------------

    2.82 > 3.03 > GTA:LCS > 1.50 > 3.40oe > 3.52m33 v.4 > me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,878
    Your right he does edit thing to make others look bad.I personally hate the guy b/c he's really just looking for attention and not actually documenting facts.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP GenJackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFoxSniper View Post
    Your right he does edit thing to make others look bad.I personally hate the guy b/c he's really just looking for attention and not actually documenting facts.
    yeah, it explains that whole bank scene from bowling for columbine in the Michael moore hates america movie. he spliced out so much of that to make them look bad its not even funny

    I don't mod much anymore, but I do give good game advice.

    ---------------------------------------------------

    2.82 > 3.03 > GTA:LCS > 1.50 > 3.40oe > 3.52m33 v.4 > me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP cmcd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    320
    i don't necessarily like moore. he does bring some important issues to the forefront but does a poor job in presenting them. because he uses those editing tricks, his evidence is thrown out the window because you don't know when he used them. it's sad because the american people do need to look at our healthcare system and need to look at how guns are sold in the US.

    he doesn't hate america, otherwise he wouldn't live here. he feels, like a lot of others, that there are a lot of changes that need to be made.
    2.6>2.71>1.5>3.03 OE-C>3.52 M33>3.52 M33-4>3.9 M33>3.9 M33-3
    FIFA 07
    4 GB Mem Stick

    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP GenJackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcd14 View Post
    i don't necessarily like moore. he does bring some important issues to the forefront but does a poor job in presenting them. because he uses those editing tricks, his evidence is thrown out the window because you don't know when he used them. it's sad because the american people do need to look at our healthcare system and need to look at how guns are sold in the US.

    he doesn't hate america, otherwise he wouldn't live here. he feels, like a lot of others, that there are a lot of changes that need to be made.
    thanx, i almost completely agree with you on all that. expecially the healthcare system. however, it's confusing on whether he hates america, he says it's soooo bad but then goes home to a wealthy lifestyle. he told the austrailians that america is the worst place to live and he only looks at the bad things. i agree that he has some good points, i just wish he would be more honest and stop trying to stir things up all the time.

    i don't know though. i wish he would compare america to nasty places like third world countries for once. maybe then he wouldn't think its so bad.

    I don't mod much anymore, but I do give good game advice.

    ---------------------------------------------------

    2.82 > 3.03 > GTA:LCS > 1.50 > 3.40oe > 3.52m33 v.4 > me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    257
    As for Michael Moore himself, I don't really care one way or the other, but I really do hate the people that beleive everything he says just because he's not part of a big company or party of the government. It really isn't all that difficult to do a little research on your own. If you believe everything a guy puts into a movie then you may as well spend your entire day browsing youtube, and preparing for the end of the world.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    12,155
    ive only seen bowling for colombine, so i dont know much about the guy, but i felt the film was extremely one sided
    R.I.P Zoidberg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP GenJackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by julie View Post
    ive only seen bowling for colombine, so i dont know much about the guy, but i felt the film was extremely one sided
    oh, it was rediculous. the film "Michael Moore Hates America" focuses a lot on BFC, Michael Moore in my opinion crossed the line. he is a liar and a fraud. the bank scene alone is enough to see what kind of person he is. i'm going to watch fahrenhite 9/ll and fahrenhype 9/11 next to see how bad he lied in it. i'm open minded enough to at least hear what michael has to say before i knock it. i'll have to watch them this weekend though since i have a lot of homework due friday.

    I don't mod much anymore, but I do give good game advice.

    ---------------------------------------------------

    2.82 > 3.03 > GTA:LCS > 1.50 > 3.40oe > 3.52m33 v.4 > me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP GenJackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    348
    i get to watch manufacturing dissent today. i hope it's as good as Michael Moore Hates America. (and better than fahrenHYPE 911.)

    I don't mod much anymore, but I do give good game advice.

    ---------------------------------------------------

    2.82 > 3.03 > GTA:LCS > 1.50 > 3.40oe > 3.52m33 v.4 > me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    143
    first you have to understand that in some ways he's a lot like kevin smith. he came from a middle class background, he made his first film on a shoe string budget and he's able to make films now because his first one did so well.

    republicans like to criticize his techniques b/c they disagree w/ what he has to say. EVERY documentarian edits their footage. do YOU want to watch a ten hour program of people walking around and a lot of talking that means nothing? even ken burns edits down his material! (that was a joke for all the people who like docs.) but michael moore's style is to get people to say things that they normally wouldn't. BUT THEY STILL SAY THEM. do you think it was some kind of trick and charlton heston didn't really mean to blame gun violence on the "mixing of races"? no, that's really what's in the guy's head, moore just tricked him into admitting to it.

    now i'm not a huge michael moore fan. i felt like the second half of fahrenheit 9/11 was really poor. but i like a lot of his movies and his tv shows (he's had two i believe). he's funny and entertaining. no he doesn't give the kind of well-researched, fact-filled documentary you'd get on pbs or something. he's just a guy sticking his camera into people's faces and asking them a lot of questions trying to catch them off-guard. and he's successful at it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,039
    ^ probably the best post.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP GenJackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    first you have to understand that in some ways he's a lot like kevin smith. he came from a middle class background, he made his first film on a shoe string budget and he's able to make films now because his first one did so well.

    republicans like to criticize his techniques b/c they disagree w/ what he has to say. EVERY documentarian edits their footage. do YOU want to watch a ten hour program of people walking around and a lot of talking that means nothing? even ken burns edits down his material! (that was a joke for all the people who like docs.) but michael moore's style is to get people to say things that they normally wouldn't. BUT THEY STILL SAY THEM. do you think it was some kind of trick and charlton heston didn't really mean to blame gun violence on the "mixing of races"? no, that's really what's in the guy's head, moore just tricked him into admitting to it.

    now i'm not a huge michael moore fan. i felt like the second half of fahrenheit 9/11 was really poor. but i like a lot of his movies and his tv shows (he's had two i believe). he's funny and entertaining. no he doesn't give the kind of well-researched, fact-filled documentary you'd get on pbs or something. he's just a guy sticking his camera into people's faces and asking them a lot of questions trying to catch them off-guard. and he's successful at it.
    you need to watch michael moore hates america. sure he does get people to say things. he makes them say things by taking a couple words here and a couple words there and editing them together. with editing software and cleverly hiding edits with switching to crying victims, i could probably make michael moore say anything i wanted and give him a taste of his own medicine. just watch how he edited the bank scene and then you will at least question him. i know every documentarian edits their footage, but not all of them do it to make people say stuff. Michael Wilson tried to get an interview with moore, but moore was to much of a fat coward to fess up to his lies. in my opinion, with wilsons supporting FACTS, he would have torn moore all to pieces. i'm about to watch roger and me, then manufacturing dissent. i can't wait. i just wish there was more i could do to crush him.

    I don't mod much anymore, but I do give good game advice.

    ---------------------------------------------------

    2.82 > 3.03 > GTA:LCS > 1.50 > 3.40oe > 3.52m33 v.4 > me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    143
    why are you so interested in "crushing" michael moore? you act like he broke your knee caps then peed in your mouth while you were on the ground. all he did was make a couple movies! maybe you don't agree w/ what he has to say but is that a good reason to want to "crush" him? seriously.

    and i'm sorry but no one can edit video footage together to make someone say something they aren't saying and hide the cuts. it will look like it was editted, not one seamless piece of footage. especially the way you are suggesting, taking a couple words from one part then a couple words from another (so that for instance, someone would say "i hate islam" instead of what they said "i hate people who say bad things about islam").
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    246
    i think hes a fag hes stupid man hes just like carlos mencia take other ppls stuff and edits it
    Quote Originally Posted by fubar42o View Post
    Damn what a hustler. Kick him while he's down why don't you? .......
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP pazuzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    349
    i like guns but dislike paying for health insurance. that is about as far as my opinion on this guy goes. his views are as extremely left wing just as much as the american media is extremely right.


    fat 3.40>3.50>lumines ulus 10002>1.50>3.52 m33 v.4>sold

    slim 2001>pandora>3.80 m33 v.1>3.90 m33 v.3>5.0 m33 v.6
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. were you a fan of michael jackson?
    By samuel9953 in forum Off-Topic Discussion
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 07:01 AM
  2. My Michael Jordan PSP 1000
    By Jumbo in forum PSP Hardware & Repair
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 07:21 AM
  3. who likes george michael?
    By rubanito in forum PSP Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 06:33 PM
  4. Michael Vicks School for mutha fuckin disobedient dogs
    By canadianbacon in forum Off-Topic Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •