Thread: Please help with possible scam!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Please help with possible scam! 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker VeryThinPSP's Avatar
    As you all probably know I am selling my psp slim. I put it up on another site and I got a reply back that just seems weird. I was hoping some of you could take a look at it and tell me what you think. I am also very new to using Paypal and was wondering what tricks people use to scam people through it. He is very persistent to get my Paypal info to make his "payment" but I just have a bad feeling about it. So here are the messages:

Buyer:

Hello Seller,
    Its great asking if this item is still available for sale.I really
    appreciate the quick reply.I am buying this item for my partner
    overses okay and i will be adding $100 for the shipping and handling
    get back to me with your PayPal account email address as for me to
    send you the money i am doing this very fast because i have promised
    my partner that the item will be there soonest get back to me
    immediately as for us to transact very

Me:

Where does your friend live at overseas? Where would I be shipping it too?

Buyer:

thanks for the mail get back to me with your paypal email address so
    that proceed the payment so immediately i proceed the payment paypal
    will get to you with the shippind address

regards

Please tell me what you think. I also need to know about the Paypal scams people are using nowadays because I am planning on using my new Paypal account alot in the near future. Thanks for any help given.
    3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!>3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!

8 Billion dollars wasted. Increased federal spending led to increased use.Time to stop?
    Very Funny STUFF FOR SALE!
    PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

Senior Member I Modded My PSP crack to hack's Avatar
    i wouldnt trust him anyways all ask my mom and dad to buy it for me i never had a psp slim but all pry to get it with the games so i cant insure the 350$ option but yea please hang on to it for me and is it on OFW? or CFW? please hold on to for like 28 days i may get it for chirstmas and wotld shipping be neccasary?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    smells fishy man. Tell him its off.

If he knows your email address, make sure each email is real before clicking any of the links. On ebay I almost got frauded when I was selling my PSP. Person wanted me to ship to Nigeria....and then she sent me a false email from paypal saying that she had transfered money.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP cmcd14's Avatar
    well he's just asking for the email so it might not be a scam. unless you have an easily guessable password. if you're worried about it, just watch your paypal account for any activity.
    2.6>2.71>1.5>3.03 OE-C>3.52 M33>3.52 M33-4>3.9 M33>3.9 M33-3
    FIFA 07
    4 GB Mem Stick

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    I have been an eBay User for more than 5 years.. I have like 6 Ebay merry christmas cards :P they send you stuff like that if your a good guy.

He is SCAM. do not even pay attention to him... I see it allll the time... Sellers all over Ebay get this people from Africa trying to let them pay and then you shipping it to some Ethiopia or some country far far far far. If you had more time you would see that theres an option before replying to buyers one little check mark that lets you POST your reply in your auction for all to see. IF you go around eBay youll see that ALL buyers that ask for PAYPAL address WITH this exact very exact format and the overseas BS. Normally the seller posts the reply for all to see in a VERY angry way. He knows hes full of @#%.

Don't give him your Paypal Address. And dont do what CMD said.. LIke just watch your Paypal Activity.. Paypal is an ONLINE CREDIT CARD. If I knew your Paypal Address and somehow get your password your 'SCREW'. I "COULD" right now at this moment SHOP with your money and change passwords and make paypal inaccessible for you. Or pay and email sellers privately telling them to SHIP to my address but NOT the one on your Paypal's account.

Also remember if he really wanted to buy this from you, he would wait for the auction to end or he would just win the auction. But they normally do it in with DAYS left. Pretty obvious..

Just forget him and deal with real people they win the auction and without all of this bs and problems of shipping overseas you'll get your money easily thru paypal.

Good luck man!
    Last edited by mime; 12-03-2007 at 05:26 PM.

It isn't on ebay. It just posted on a site for sale. Just like this one....except alot crappier. I am just gonna wait till I get something I can trust. I don't take dumb risks....anymore.

8 Billion dollars wasted. Increased federal spending led to increased use.Time to stop?
    PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    As long as he pays in either cash or through paypal FIRST, he's fine with me.

crossingtheexitsign
    i wouldn't trust people who are vague

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryThinPSP View Post
    It isn't on ebay. It just posted on a site for sale. Just like this one....except alot crappier. I am just gonna wait till I get something I can trust. I don't take dumb risks....anymore.
    Listen to MIME. He sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

I almost got fucked on Ebay (same thing with Africa.) Luckily I checked my Paypal account for activity, and then checked ebay. I then reported the incident to both sites and they confirmed it to be fake. Definitely deal only with peeps you know you can trust.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Thanks for all the help people. I just decided to ignore the offer. I don't need it that bad. Rather safe then sorry.

PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    thats good you ignored it. but i dont wanna further the topic, but his 2nd reply seems a little... mechanicalized? (dont know if thats a word) the reply seems like it was written by a computer
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryThinPSP View Post
    Just because of the fact that he didn't answer your question, I think it's a scam. But what can you lose? Just make sure you receive the payment through PayPal, and not through a fake e-mail. By the way, I'd love to buy it for $100 :-)

Junior Member PSP User
    scam dudeee

Member PSP User
    dont do any Overseas sell crap like that bro, is a Scam.

just wait for a legit buyer that is not in a hurry lol

i
    OWNER at The-Sound-Source.com

My friend got on the Homeland Security watch list by accepting money from someone out of the country. There's lots of scams going around, so don't take a chance on it.... not worth it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast