Thread: Merry Kwanzaa

1. #1 Merry Kwanzaa 
    ♥ man ass PSP Elite Hacker carp's Avatar

Kwanzaa is a week-long Pan-African festival celebrated primarily in the United States, honoring African American heritage.[1] It is observed from December 26 to January 1 each year.

Kwanzaa consists of seven days of celebration, featuring activities such as candle-lighting and pouring of libations, and culminating in a feast and gift giving. It was created by Dr. Ron Karenga, and first celebrated from December 26, 1966, to January 1, 1967, timed to coincide with Christmas so that it would be remembered. Dr. Karenga calls Kwanzaa the African American branch of "first fruits" celebrations of classical African cultures.

oops forgot to add the 7 principles of Kwanzaa in here....

Kwanzaa celebrates what its founder called "The Seven Principles of Kwanzaa", or Nguzo Saba (originally Nguzu Saba - "The Seven Principles of Blackness"), which Karenga said "is a communitarian African philosophy" consisting of what Karenga called "the best of African thought and practice in constant exchange with the world." These seven principles comprise Kawaida, a Swahili term for tradition and reason. Each of the seven days of Kwanzaa is dedicated to one of the following principles, as follows:

* Umoja (Unity) To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation and race.
    * Kujichagulia (Self-Determination) To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves and speak for ourselves.
    * Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility) To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers' and sisters' problems our problems and to solve them together.
    * Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics) To build and maintain our own stores, shops and other businesses and to profit from them together.
    * Nia (Purpose) To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.
    * Kuumba (Creativity) To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.
    * Imani (Faith) To believe with all our heart in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.
    Last edited by carp; 12-26-2007 at 08:41 PM.
    I'm a fag.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Well no one else has posted here, feel sorry for you. haha

Soo.. Merry Kwanza ( I know, its late)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

no dude kwanzaa is 7 days long its not late.
    i was just throwing it out here.
    i dont celebrate it, im white, apparently im not allowed to.
    I'm a fag.

Quote Originally Posted by carp View Post
    no dude kwanzaa is 7 days long its not late.
    i was just throwing it out here.
    i dont celebrate it, im white, apparently im not allowed to.
    Well if its 7 days long, Hell im in!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    There's some good food in this tradition. Melon Avocado salad... It's quite tasty.

Enjoy your Kwanzaa, anyone who celebrates it.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

God bless futurama and kwanzaabot
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    lol kwanza
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Follow this thread to earn some free stuff w/o a credit card!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...-refferal.html

since todays the last day of kwanzaa i decided to research good ole Dr.Karenga.
    appearntly hes a phyco....

The Dartmouth Review: The Story of Kwaanza

An excerpt for you:

"On September 17, 1971, Karenga was sentenced to one to ten years in prison on counts of felonious assault and false imprisonment. The charges stemmed from a May 9, 1970 incident in which Karenga and two others tortured two women who Karenga believed had tried to kill him by placing 'crystals' in his food and water.

A year later the Los Angeles Times described the events: 'Deborah Jones, who once was given the title of an African queen, said she and Gail Davis were whipped with an electrical cord and beaten with a karate baton after being ordered to remove their clothes. She testified that a hot soldering iron was placed in Miss Davis' mouth and placed against Miss Davis' face and that one of her own big toes was tightened in a vice. Karenga, head of US, also put detergent and running hoses in their mouths, she said.'

The shooting at UCLA caused Karenga to become deeply paranoid and spurred his bizarre behavior. At his trial, the question of Karenga's sanity arose. The psychiatrist's report stated, 'This man now represents a picture which can be considered both paranoid and schizophrenic with hallucinations and elusions, inappropriate affect, disorganization, and impaired contact with the environment.' The psychiatrist observed that Karenga talked to his blanket and imaginary persons and believed that he had been attacked by dive-bombers."
    I'm a fag.