Thread: Xbox 360 Bluray Addon???

1. #1 Xbox 360 Bluray Addon??? 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP heatzone07's Avatar
    With the sudden allegiance to Sony and the Bluray format It seems Warner Brothers Bluray exclusivity is impacting Microsoft more then they thought possible, as it seems Microsoft is thinking about adding a Bluray drive attachment to the 360...notch one up for Sony.

Ces08: Microsoft Will Consider Going Blu-Ray, If Consumers Demand

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Paramount/Dreamworks is leaving HD-DVD soon too. There is a clause in their contract that lets the get out if WB leaves. HD-DVD is dead, so im sure MS will jump on it soon. Be assureed though that it will be expensive though.
    Blu-ray ftw.
    Very funny....not.

its just a dvd player, its not like microsoft is gonna be making games in blueray. id rather just buy a blue ray player or a ps3 cause its cheaper.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Brock_Samson's Avatar
    I'm gonna lawl cause this is actually a good thing for microsoft, if the drive comes out for about the same price as the hd-dvd people won't even consider the ps3 anymore, because thats what people buy the ps3 mostly for is the blu-ray playback.

This will also bring people towards Microsofts digital distribution network on XBL. Since HD-DVD is actually just a tool to use to rival SE BD-ROM. This may actually fuck SE even more than before.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Adz786's Avatar
    News to me, i got my ps3 because its a ps3 and had games that i wanted to play, im sure its the same story with 90% of the ps3 owners here, but i agree some people do buy the ps3 for the blu ray player, and the fact that its a good media center.

Didnt see this happening though, i feel sorry for the people who have bought the hd dvd add on for the xbox, fucked over again.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Brock_Samson's Avatar
    Not really, The HD-DVD | BD-ROM have been around for about 7 years now, it's just recently gotten into consumers hands. I just wish the HD burners were cheaper, make my life a whole lot easier for backups & watching multiple movies on a single disc on HDrom on the 360.

A lot of folks who bought the PS3 actually bought it for the BD-ROM because it was cheaper and you could also play games on it. Now the players are about the same price if not lower than the PS3.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada2113 View Post
    Paramount/Dreamworks is leaving HD-DVD soon too. There is a clause in their contract that lets the get out if WB leaves. HD-DVD is dead, so im sure MS will jump on it soon. Be assureed though that it will be expensive though.
    Blu-ray ftw.
    Blu-ray wont be expensive if it wins and is popular, it'll go down in price.

Quote Originally Posted by WarAuthority View Post
    A lot of folks who bought the PS3 actually bought it for the BD-ROM because it was cheaper and you could also play games on it. Now the players are about the same price if not lower than the PS3.
    True, however not by much, the cheapest I've seen is $350, some samsung one.

Amazon.com: Samsung BD-P1400 1080p Blu-Ray Disc Player: Electronics

doesnt the hd-dvd drive cost $180. Even at $180 for a blu-ray playe for the 360 its still a ripoff. Only "premium" (or whatever) 360's have hdmi output if i remember correctly, so unless you waited until ms thought the 360 should have hdmi, then were wise enough to get the expensive model that had the hdmi output you will be stuck with shitty analog component cables.
    It would be wiser to spend a few more dollars and go all digital.
    Very funny....not.

Junior Member PSP User
    all an HDMI cable is is a component, s-video, and composite cable wrapped into one. it just eliminates the need for multiple cords. the cords that come with the 360 are digital component cables and give you the full HD specs.

If the 360 puts out digital across its compnent cables then it must be YCbCr which can only handle res up to 576i. Or if it puts out analog (YPbPr) then it can handle 1080i. Either way its a loss.
    Not like that makes a difference in gaming, halo 3 only renders in 640p, but it can kill a good movie.
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker AndyCat's Avatar
    Microsoft responded to previous comments: (kotaku)

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoft
    There was a critical element of our comments missing from the story -- Microsoft currently has no plans at this time to consider Blu-ray as an option. We continue to believe that HD DVD is the best optical solution for consumers, since it's the only format today that delivers quality experiences at affordable prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Microsoft
    While the article states that Microsoft might possibly look into Blu-ray, we just want to emphasize that there are no current plans to consider Blu-ray as an option. Microsoft continues to be dedicated to the HD DVD format and we don't want the Reuters article to mislead or suggest otherwise.
    ...so no real plans for blu-ray, although possibly in the future when hddvd is completely dead.

12. #12 I think this try. 
    Hello!
    I think this try.

Retired PSP Elite Hacker fubar42o's Avatar
    indeed. =|

"don't fucking ask me. i don't know..."