Thread: have dvd rip downloaded-- how to i convert to watch on dvd player?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 have dvd rip downloaded-- how to i convert to watch on dvd player? 
    Member PSP User
    Ok this seems like a simple question but I dont know how the process works

I recently downloaded a dvd rip of a movie (I own the movie but it broke so its a legit download)
    Ok so now i have a downloaded movie its a format that im not too sure of it doesnt play in windows media player but it does in my VLC player(that will play anything)

What i want to do is burn it to a dvd and play it on a dvd player.
    1. What format does a dvd play?
    2. if i have to change the format what programs convert to dvd format

Senior Member I Modded My PSP K-Wurx's Avatar
    Well, it would all depend on the DVD player...Certain DVD players will play certain files...The most common files almost all DVD players are compatile with is .AVI and .MPEG...I suggest coverting to .AVI...Your movie should be at least around 700 MB...
    Game Systems: PS1, PS2 x 2, X-Box with media center, Nintendo Wii w/WiiKey modchip.

Multimedia Systems: PSP Slim W/ CFW 3.71 M33-3, 30GB IPod Video w/ Custom Theme+Rockbox+Podzilla, 4 GB IPod Nano (Newest generation), 30GB Zune.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    get convert x to dvd. its a good program and converts any video file to a dvd format. and you can choose PAL or NTSC

Member PSP User
    download a connverter of torrentspy and get the serial for the software of serials.ws convert and burn to disc as long as it is a legit download you can do this

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker VeryThinPSP's Avatar
    Wow.....that sounds illegal.
    3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!>3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!

8 Billion dollars wasted. Increased federal spending led to increased use.Time to stop?
    Very Funny STUFF FOR SALE!
    PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

Member PSP User
    not if he has the recipt of the dvd

not sure weather serils.ws is if it is you are better buying the serial but serails.ws says all codes are paid for

get 123 dvd copy (buy it at circuit city they carry them), its easy and works good (not that ive ever used it
    psp history...
    Phat: bought on release, had it for about a year, speakers broke, tried to fix speakers and broke the entire psp...
    Slim: bought on release>modded 4.01 ofw to 4.01cfw> bricked>fixed>fried motherboard after about 2 months
    new Phat: 3.6ofw>5.00m33-3... its radtacular

"I can accept failure, but I cant accept failing to try" -MJ

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker pokey8349's Avatar
    err wtf - how is it legal if he downloads a program from a torrent then uses a hacked serial key to register the product as his own?
    Quote Originally Posted by julie View Post
    i can only imagine you making halo references during sex lol

"oh god... the flood is coming... ahhhhhhh"
    NEW SITE-RECRUITING STAFF JOIN>> www.modifyurpsp.co.nr

Trust Unto God and He Shall Direct Your Path

Visit the site for free ISO's and movies! - http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

lol that isnt legal at all lmao
    psp history...
    Phat: bought on release, had it for about a year, speakers broke, tried to fix speakers and broke the entire psp...
    Slim: bought on release>modded 4.01 ofw to 4.01cfw> bricked>fixed>fried motherboard after about 2 months
    new Phat: 3.6ofw>5.00m33-3... its radtacular

"I can accept failure, but I cant accept failing to try" -MJ

Member PSP User
    It doesn't matter if you own the movie or not, if the software circumvents the copyright protection technology (CSS) employed by the producing studio it is illegal to use per the DMCA. The same applies to video games and audio cd's.

With that being said, it is illegal to "rip" *most* commercial dvd's onto your psp, ipod, computer, another dvd, etc simply because *most* dvd's require CSS circumvention these days.

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Raevin View Post
    It doesn't matter if you own the movie or not, if the software circumvents the copyright protection technology (CSS) employed by the producing studio it is illegal to use per the DMCA. The same applies to video games and audio cd's.

With that being said, it is illegal to "rip" *most* commercial dvd's onto your psp, ipod, computer, another dvd, etc simply because *most* dvd's require CSS circumvention these days.
    i do not now weaver it is illegal or not i just suggested it to people if you have recipt you can copy to disc even if it has protection for backup if you breck a disc i think but if you do not it is illegal

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy-wardy-wardy View Post
    i do not now weaver it is illegal or not i just suggested it to people if you have recipt you can copy to disc even if it has protection for backup if you breck a disc i think but if you do not it is illegal
    My post wasn't really directed to you wardy, but it's amazing how many people commit piracy every day then jump on the " THAT's ILLEGALZ U ShuLDnt d0 tHt!!" bandwagon then use the Fair Use Rights bit to justify their own piracy.

It doesn't bother me if somebody wants to do whatever it is they want to do. But, just because I tell somebody where the gun store is does not make me liable if that person goes postal in a shopping mall nor does informing people where to download software place any responsibility of the users action on the informant's shoulders.

Member PSP User
    My post wasn't really directed to you wardy, but it's amazing how many people commit piracy every day then jump on the " THAT's ILLEGALZ U ShuLDnt d0 tHt!!" bandwagon then use the Fair Use Rights bit to justify their own piracy.

It doesn't bother me if somebody wants to do whatever it is they want to do. But, just because I tell somebody where the gun store is does not make me liable if that person goes postal in a shopping mall nor does informing people where to download software place any responsibility of the users action on the informant's shoulders.
    sorry i am against piracy it is stupid just go and buy the dvd only backup/copy your originals

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy-wardy-wardy View Post
    sorry i am against piracy it is stupid just go and buy the dvd only backup/copy your originals
    That's the thing. It's illegal to back/copy *most* of your originals. Ethics aside, you are still in possession of an illegal piece of media.

The only difference is that by, at least, going out and buying the media you are paying the production company for the right to own the movie, although that does not authorize you to reproduce it, even for personal use, in all actuality.

Member PSP User
    That's the thing. It's illegal to back/copy *most* of your originals. Ethics aside, you are still in possession of an illegal piece of media.

The only difference is that by, at least, going out and buying the media you are paying the production company for the right to own the movie, although that does not authorize you to reproduce it, even for personal use, in all actuality.
    ok i did not now that i thought you could backup if you owned original but you learn something everyday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast