Thread: MIA For The Past 5 Days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 MIA For The Past 5 Days 
    Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    some of you may or may not have noticed my absence from the forums since saturday, and its due to an infection in my laptop. i got a virus known as "trojan horse dropper agent git" and it messed up my laptop enough to call in outside help. i received it around 4pm on saturday evening and thought nothing of it, since AVG picked it up. the following morning i booted my pc up to discover that it had deactivated both my firewall and anti virus, uninstalled them completely, deleted the .exe's for msconfig and regedit, and invited more of its friends onto my rig as soon as my net connected. i havent been online on my desktop too much in the past 5 days except to post on majorgeeks.com where im receiving help on removing the virus from my system. ill be back up and running within the next few days, so dont miss me too much. and if u see this virus, run like hell
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Retired PSP Elite Hacker fubar42o's Avatar
    Man, getting a virus sucks bad. So much work involved it getting back up to speed. Lots of trial and error, too, which is really frustrating...

Good luck!
    Last edited by fubar42o; 01-23-2008 at 07:49 AM.

"don't fucking ask me. i don't know..."

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    good luck with that. do you know where you got it from? an email or a website?
    Last edited by Sullivan; 01-23-2008 at 12:01 PM.

i had a similar virus about 2 years ago,let my brother use my PC/internet one night, the next morning i try loading up a game and it tells me "this application has encountered an error blah blah blah", tried it again, same thing, tried another game, same thing, tried to run a virus scan, and the exe also gave that error, restarted my pc, and windows didnt start, i then realised what ever this virus was infected about 95% of all my computer's exe's, and since windows itself has exe's they also became infected.

Tried a windows repair, but after about 5 minutes after the repair, it started again.

Had to format the HDD..was a major loss of programs and installation exe's, in which i had to find download again

and yes, i have never let my brother use my pc every again

Quote Originally Posted by v1ru5 View Post
    i had a similar virus about 2 years ago,let my brother use my PC/internet one night, the next morning i try loading up a game and it tells me "this application has encountered an error blah blah blah", tried it again, same thing, tried another game, same thing, tried to run a virus scan, and the exe also gave that error, restarted my pc, and windows didnt start, i then realised what ever this virus was infected about 95% of all my computer's exe's, and since windows itself has exe's they also became infected.

Tried a windows repair, but after about 5 minutes after the repair, it started again.

Had to format the HDD..was a major loss of programs and installation exe's, in which i had to find download again

and yes, i have never let my brother use my pc every again
    if you just reinstalled the new OS on a new partition, couldnt you just move the files to the new OS. then format youre old hard drive?

well that drive wasnt partitioned, and i didnt want to risk dragging the virus over if i copied over exe's

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cucucachoo's Avatar
    And this is why i switched to Mac. Good luck Julie!
    PSP un-bricking and CFW install in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. PM me for details
    Total PSP's downgraded: 10 - Total Slim CFW Applied: 4 - Total PSP's unbricked: 0
    Visit me at my blog - Cucucachoo.net. I have mostly sexy mobile phone and psp wallpapers here.

lol whenever i find a virus i just pop the OS CD back in the drive and re-install windows. Im too lazy to look for ways to get rid of it (if my antivirus fails)

Well Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    hope you get rid of the virus, that sucks

good luck julie
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cucucachoo View Post
    And this is why i switched to Mac. Good luck Julie!
    mac os x has more bugs than vista and xp combined

google it
    ok.. My PSP -> bought it for $200 AUD -> 3.40 OE-A -> 1.50 -> 3.40 OE-A -> 1.50 -> 3.52 M33 -> 3.52 M33 Updates -> 3.71 M33 -> 3.71 M33 latest update

http://www.modthatconsole.com

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Brock_Samson's Avatar
    You should have contacted me, I could have run you through on what to do.
    Still can if you want. Just hit me up on MSN if you can.

Yea, mac do have their issues, and I find it funny every time someone says omg, thats why I use (insert os) instead, Yea... Have you seen a concentrated mac virus before? I'm sure you haven't, but they're nastier than any win os one.
    Those who use linux and the other open source versions... I pity you. I've used and tinkered with linux many times, and with the constant command changes and 25 different command strings for one entity... give me a break.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Mudbone's Avatar
    Julie i just got the exact same thing + others about 3 days ago.. i got so tired of it i just formatted my hard drive and reinstalled XP... had everything important backed up so i said fuck it and wiped the fucker clean! hope you have better success than i did!! but i have zero patience for that shit!!

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    im all cleaned out, thanks to the guys over at majorgeeks.com. wasnt too bad, just installing a couple programs and scanning, then removing files and fixing a few of the registry entries. nothing i cant handle
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cucucachoo's Avatar
    woo hoo! Congrats on the clean!
    PSP un-bricking and CFW install in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. PM me for details
    Total PSP's downgraded: 10 - Total Slim CFW Applied: 4 - Total PSP's unbricked: 0
    Visit me at my blog - Cucucachoo.net. I have mostly sexy mobile phone and psp wallpapers here.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    We missed you.

I hate having to fight to get viruses off of the computer. They can be so darned stubborn. Glad to hear you got it fixed up though.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

3.60> 3.72 >pandora to 3.71m33 > 3.71m33-2 > 3.71m33-3 > 3.71m33-4 > issues, so back to 3.71m33-3 > 3.80m33 > more issues, back to 3.71m33-3 > 3.71m33-4> 3.80m33-5 > and finally back to 3.71m33-4...again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast