Thread: Which Mp3 Player?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Which Mp3 Player? 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stef_o36's Avatar
    I'm planning on buying an mp3 player and i need help to choose the best one...anyone got any suggestions before i settle with an ipod?
    Trust me, if I could make love to my PSP...I would...

Wanna learn how to make your own coldboot? Check out this guide: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ot-cintro.html

Senior Member I Modded My PSP greendragonslim's Avatar
    zunes are good and if you buy a bigger memory stick, then you could just stick with your psp of course. What is most important in a mp3 player that you want?
    psp fw history: 1.5>2.7>3.5>1.5>3.52m33>3.52m33-4>3.71m33>3.71m33-3>3.80m33-5. I'm selling it if anyone is interested. pm me

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    ipod is the best bang for the buck. id say go for the last gen before they came out with the 100gb+ ones, as theyre a little cheaper right now. if u dont need to carry multiple GB's of music, i aslo suggest a creative labs muvo. i use one when i go jogging since its tiny and requires no software to to fill with songs.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    I still cant stand ipod and zunes just blow.

I like the flexability and range of third party software for the creative ZEN vision m

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker VeryThinPSP's Avatar
    I really like the Zen Vision M as well. However I suggest buying an iPod simply because it is the most popular mp3 player out there. There are so many accessories for it. If you ever leave an adapter at home chances your friend will have one. They are everywhere and really can't be beat. As for the Zune.....they suck very badly. Don't get one unless you are in need of something big, heavy, and stupid like the original Xbox.
    3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!>3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!

8 Billion dollars wasted. Increased federal spending led to increased use.Time to stop?
    Very Funny STUFF FOR SALE!
    PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

I like the zune. it only has 4gb, but I think it rocks my socks and what are you talking about big? Mine isn't that big at all.

I will admit that i'd like a ipod touch though just because it is sexy looking i guess.
    Last edited by greendragonslim; 01-25-2008 at 07:45 PM.
    psp fw history: 1.5>2.7>3.5>1.5>3.52m33>3.52m33-4>3.71m33>3.71m33-3>3.80m33-5. I'm selling it if anyone is interested. pm me

itouch needs a bigger HD though. 12gb isnt really enough when it has such a nice screen. youll wanna have your movies and pictures on it as well as music.. and 12gb will fill up quickly
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    id go with the ipod video. pretty cheap like $250 i think for a 30gig. the classic is cool too. itouch is worthless. zune is like a brick. ipod is definetly the way to go. i love my ipod video and carry it with me everywhere.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    iPod touch *runs and hides* lol

No seriously this is the best MP3 player ive ever bought, its mroe than an MP3 player, its basically a computer...

and watching movies on it is fantastic. Space isnt a problem, because with the DVD converter ive got for it a movie will only take up about 600mb.

The bottom line is, you have to try one of these, theres not been one day when i havent brought it everywhere with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Quote Originally Posted by julie View Post
    itouch needs a bigger HD though. 12gb isnt really enough when it has such a nice screen. youll wanna have your movies and pictures on it as well as music.. and 12gb will fill up quickly
    I thought it was 16gb, but I guess I really don't have much music anyways, so it doesn't matter to me. I'm sure if we wait there will be a 300gb ipod touch lol

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stef_o36's Avatar
    well i don't need a shitload of space i forgot to specify that lol! 8 gigs would do fine for me...idk, i like the look of the new nanos and they support videos too...i wouldn't keep my videos on it but it would be cool to have one new movie on it each week, like whenever i spare time i'll watch the one movie i have on it. i would have prolly 1300 songs on it

a black one of these would be pretty sexy...i'll get a black one if i get this ipod...idk, any other suggestions? definitely not a zune...
    Trust me, if I could make love to my PSP...I would...

Wanna learn how to make your own coldboot? Check out this guide: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ot-cintro.html

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Go with a Creative Zen Vision:M
    All the iPod features, only more...

Honestly, the only thing I really don't like about it is the dongle that you need to carry around to connect to a computer. But that's a minor detail. Other than that, I've had no problems with mine.

Edit: Oh, and the firmware for CVM has been cracked as well. Currently you can just change the font, and use themes for it. But Rockbox is coming to it soon...
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

♥ man ass PSP Elite Hacker carp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stef_o36 View Post
    well i don't need a shitload of space i forgot to specify that lol! 8 gigs would do fine for me...idk, i like the look of the new nanos and they support videos too...i wouldn't keep my videos on it but it would be cool to have one new movie on it each week, like whenever i spare time i'll watch the one movie i have on it. i would have prolly 1300 songs on it

a black one of these would be pretty sexy...i'll get a black one if i get this ipod...idk, any other suggestions? definitely not a zune...

i just realized my thumb is about half of the screen size. i wouldnt be putting any movies on that lil thing. unless u have amazing vision.
    I'm a fag.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stef_o36 View Post
    definitely not a zune...
    haha, why? the 80 gig zune is the best piece of MP3 player hardware I've ever used. (And I used to have a Musicmatch Jukebox right when mp3 players were starting to come out). It has a fantastic balance of space (gb), weight, and screen size. Watching movies is fantastic, the OS on the Zune is very easy to understand. It has a great touchpad to help you scroll through music. It looks fantastic in person.

Then again, I don't know much about the 8 Gig'ers, so if you only need that much space....then I'd probably go with the creative zen.

It is a very small player, has fantastic acoustics for music, and it has a sharp resolution for its screen of 2.5 inches(albeit much smaller than the 80 Zune's gigantic one). One of my best friends has a Creative Zen, and I've tinkered around with it. It's a damn good player, and you don't need any software to put music on, just drag and drop (the way MP3 players should be....). Also, with the Zen I believe you can buy a SD micro card and expand the space on the player...so that means your player can have even more than 8 gigs. It is a pretty nice player, very small, and it uses flash memory so you can run around and do rigorous exercises while using it!

ZEN ZEN4GBBK - MP3 Players - Credit card-sized media player

my two cents
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

i like the muvo line since it doesnt require a wire to move songs, doesnt need any software to operate, and its small and compact. theyre limited to 2gb i think, so its pretty limited. my 512mb i use for jogging holds around 140 songs, which is more then enough for an hour of running

R.I.P Zoidberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast