Thread: Which iPod?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Which iPod? 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker VeryThinPSP's Avatar
    I am looking to buy an iPod pretty soon and was wondering which one I should get. I want a really small iPod but I don't think I want the shuffle. 1GB is just not enough for me. I was just looking at the iPod Nano 2nd Generation and it is the size and shape I am looking for. I just don't like the look of the iPod Nano 3rd Generation. Does the 3rd generation have any awesome specs that the 2nd generation doesn't have?

Now that I have been looking at the prices I might consider the iPod Touch. If I am going to be spending that much money I might as well go all out. I am still leaning towards the iPod Nano 2nd Generation though. Is the iPod Touch hard to take care of? Do scratches show up easily? I really want something I am not going to have to always worry about.

Anyways.....let me know about your experiences with your iPod. Thanks for all the information that I hope you give me.
    3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!>3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!

8 Billion dollars wasted. Increased federal spending led to increased use.Time to stop?
    Very Funny STUFF FOR SALE!
    PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

Senior Member I Modded My PSP psp23's Avatar
    I have an ipod nano, and its pretty good. Only bad thing is that you have to put music on it through itunes. You can't just drag and drop like in psp.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker d[^_^]b_psp's Avatar
    i have the 3rd generation ipod nano. i happen to like mine, i got it online so i got my name inscribed in it for free. I am not sure about what specs the 3rd gen has that the 2nd gen doesnt excpet for the fact that you can play games on the 3rd gen, and maybe videos. i have had it since august of 2007 and the screen doesnt have any scratches. the back is the only place with scratches. and i dont have a case or anything for it. i guess it just depends on your style

http://www.freewebs.com/andro2usa/
    HELP ANDROMEDA COME TO THE US of A
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    id go with the 2nd gen nano. the 3rd is ugly imo. the touch is cool though. the screen does not scratch (dont beleive me? watch this video YouTube - iPod Touch Scratch Test) jailbreaking it is just like modding the psp. a bunch of possible doors open.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP greendragonslim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
    id go with the 2nd gen nano. the 3rd is ugly imo. the touch is cool though. the screen does not scratch (dont beleive me? watch this video YouTube - iPod Touch Scratch Test) jailbreaking it is just like modding the psp. a bunch of possible doors open.
    He's right the ipod touch's screen is pretty damn tough, but of course the back scratches up like a normal ipod and my friend jailbroke his ipod. It's wicked sick. I'm hopefully going to get one before my feburary break, so I can have some fun on the plane.
    psp fw history: 1.5>2.7>3.5>1.5>3.52m33>3.52m33-4>3.71m33>3.71m33-3>3.80m33-5. I'm selling it if anyone is interested. pm me

Senior Member I Modded My PSP talltexan's Avatar
    you can put cfw on any of the ipods including the new itouches, i have the 80gb fifth black one and i was able to edit the theme to a longhorn theme fun times fun times, you can also put an alternative OS's on the ipod one is called rockbox rockbox (dot)org (i dont have enough posts to post websites yet :-p) . Also you can use a winamp plugin to put on your music insted of itunes. i would sugest getting a itouch or one of the classics the itouch just because its bad ass, and the classics because you will just have more room to put music videos and games. The nano is just to damn small of a screen to watch anymovie or anything on , you could always youtube (dot)com/watch?v=mqc4kp5CHKU (you have to delete the space after the youtuvbe and before the .com)

anyway just my take

TeXan

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    i have the ipod nano 3rd gen, and i used to have the 1st gen for my ipodlinux and rockbox purposes (ah those were the days)

the nano is good and super cheap. the screen = strong and tough it can withstand keys in the pocket.
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Any iPod can run CF? Even the 1st Generation iPod Classic?

8 Billion dollars wasted. Increased federal spending led to increased use.Time to stop?
    PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

Senior Member I Modded My PSP greendragonslim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryThinPSP View Post
    Basically, well it's linux, but I also just noticed that there is now a 32gb ipod touch at a price of $500 I think I'll stick with the 8gb. couldn't you just buy like a hardrive off ebay and put it in anyways?
    psp fw history: 1.5>2.7>3.5>1.5>3.52m33>3.52m33-4>3.71m33>3.71m33-3>3.80m33-5. I'm selling it if anyone is interested. pm me

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    I have the Ipod Nano 2nd gen, the screen is okay but everywhere else its scratched up pretty badly. But it really depends on how much space you want. I say go with the 2nd gen, the 2 gig is only 150 bucks.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP K-Wurx's Avatar
    I personally have the 30 GB video...I have my own custom theme, RockBox and Podzilla (though it doesnt seem to work very good) on it...As well as games such as Doom, Gameboy games, and some neat apps...No matter what Ipod you get, the back will inevitably scratch unless you put some protective gear on it...The Ipod video has support for RCA cables (not sure about the other models) so it can be hooked up to a TV...The one thing I really like about the video is that it can also act as an external hard drive...It really depends on your taste, I prefer size of hard drive over size of device...I find it a lot easier to change songs blindly in your pocket than it is for a smaller one as it's the perfect size to navigate the wheel correctly...

If you plan to use it strictly for music purposes, I'd go with the 3rd generation Nano as 4GB is plenty of space to put music on...I wouldn't really recommend the iTouch as I have a feeling it breaks rather easily...Why else would they have released it so damn quick after the iPhone but that's just an uneducated opinion...

It's really up to you man.
    Game Systems: PS1, PS2 x 2, X-Box with media center, Nintendo Wii w/WiiKey modchip.

Multimedia Systems: PSP Slim W/ CFW 3.71 M33-3, 30GB IPod Video w/ Custom Theme+Rockbox+Podzilla, 4 GB IPod Nano (Newest generation), 30GB Zune.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryThinPSP View Post
    2nd Gen nano can't. All others can.

All ipods will scratch like.The screen on my itouch is covered in fingerprints but thats becasue i dont clean it often. if you give it a clean every day with the cloth provided its like its brand new. The back i a different story, but all of the ipods with the shiny/metal backing on them will scratch a lot anyway.

I say go for the itouch, its basically a mini computer.
    My laptop charger was busted a few weeks back, and because i have my itouch jailbroken, i could log onto msn, pspmod.com bebo, check m gmail account etc... basically do everything i could do with my laptop.
    Its well worth the money. go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

I am still thinking of getting the iPod Nano 2nd Gen. I don't want the 2GB though and that is all I can seem to find.

PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    ipodlinu is a dead project, but still has some good things. get the 5g video and the Gameboy emulator
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast