Thread: Memorable Movie Death Scenes

1. #1 Memorable Movie Death Scenes 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Ctdash's Avatar
    My friends and I had a chat about something really cool and sick at the same time. Our most appealing and favorite cinematic death scenes of all time. The convo went on for hours debating which movies had a pretty cool death scene, the movie didn't have to be a good movie but it had to have a cool death in there.

My first candidate was the first movie of the RoboCop trilogy. Alex Murphy prior to transforming to RoboCop experiences the worst kind of fortune by being present when a group of cop killers gets the upper hand...

Murphy - RoboCop film
    -Hand Blown Off (after a tease by Clarence Boddicker leader of thugs)
    *"Well Give the man a hand!" says Boddicker*
    -Staggers around room for escape and shocked that his hand is blown off (while bad guys laugh, it IS kind of funny when you look at it)
    -The remaining stump of Murphy's arm is blown off (by Leon Nash, laughing btw)
    *The act prompts the rest of the thugs to pill caps in Murphy* (lots of shouting, screaming, gun fire, shot guns and it's an AWESOME scene)
    -Murphy is STILL alive after what happens in the above (which I think is remarkable, I know its a movie and fake but not many movies do this...)
    Hence why one of Boddicker's thugs say "Hey Clarence, he's still alive..."
    -The torture comes to a close after Murphy's head gains a new orifice (feat by Boddicker, shooting him in the head)
    My Death Rate: 9.5 / 10

I hated all the robocop movies but the first movie was ok in my books especially after seeing that gruesome scene. Remains one of my top Memorable Movie Death Scene.

My next choice is...

Mark - 28 Days Later
    -A little mistake happens and an infected human (flesh-eating zombie) bursts into the area the three characters rest (Jim, Mark and Selena), Mark is "injured" during the bloody carnage.
    -The scuffle is ended and the zombie is put down by Selena, with a MACHETE dudes.
    -Selena asks Jim if he came into contact with any of the blood from the invading zombie (machete is still in offensive position btw), Jim gives a negative (which is a smart move on his part) because Selena asks Mark next.
    -Marks delayed answer confirms that he is infected and tries to plead with Selena.
    -It happens so quick, Mark is chopped down to bits by Selena (you can even witness blood and pieces of flesh flying around as Selena swings away.)
    *If a different weapon other than the machete was used for this scene I don't think I would have liked it as much...*

My Death Rate: 8.0 / 10

Another favorite...

Boss Tanaka - Kill Bill
    -There is a discussion and meeting going farely well
    -This Boss Tanaka speaks up and seems to have a "problem" with O-Ren Ishii
    -Turns out Boss Tanaka is a bigot and doesn't like O-Ren Ishii's heritage.
    -O-Ren Ishii runs on table (samurai style) and DECAPITATES Boss Tanaka
    *The body of Tanaka just sits there as a fountain of blood spews from his severed neck (ANIME STYLE) and I should mention this whole scene caught me by surprise, who would have thought a good meeting would end with a guy losing his head?*
    -O-Ren Ishii then states that whoever decides to bring up her heritage again, she will "collect their fucking head." My kind of chick.

My Death Rate: 8.5 / 10

This movie rocked and had many Death scenes that deserved to be in this thread but it's just way too many. What movies did you guys watch and thought that a death scene deserved props? I know it's morbid but I'm bored.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    the helicopter scene is 28 weeks later, and also in planet terror when the infected grab the cop by his arms and legs and rip him apart. and the 4 girls in death proof

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    every saw movie. To many scenes to list and there all good.

Not a death scene but remember that chick from the first Hostel film? The blow torch scene? However, awesome it was I couldn't sleep right for days.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    omg that scene freaked me out

Senior Member I Modded My PSP EazyE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctdash View Post
    Not a death scene but remember that chick from the first Hostel film? The blow torch scene? However, awesome it was I couldn't sleep right for days.
    i was the only one who busted out laughing in the theater, that shit was so weak! im usually afraid of shit like that but it was laughable this time around.

You've got strong guts. Another good one was from Saw II, the beginning where that guy has that venus fly trap puzzle around his neck, within it are spikes, and in a matter of minutes it will snap shut around his face, he can survive but the catch is he has to dig into his eyeball with a fucking scalpel to take a key out and free himself of the trap. Well he tries but he can't, he punks out and gets it good. I'm kind of glad he didn't do it because I don't think I would been able to handle the guy slicing his eye out to get the key.

Death Rate: 8.0/10

Lighthouse Scene - Battle Royale
    A film where 40 students (20 boys, 20 girls) are selected to play a death match to the last man on an isolated island. They are forced to play with exploding collars, locked around their necks. Hot zones are placed on the island, where if they enter them the collar will explode, they also have a time limit of three days for one player to win the game. If anyone remembers this Japanese film, they will know by what I mean by "lighthouse" scene. A few chicks station themselves at a lighthouse where they find the boy protagonist, Shuya who is injured. Girls take him in and patch him up, all the girls knew him and liked him but one of the girls are suspicious of him and tries to poison him through a soup meal the girls are preparing for him. Well the crap starts when the wrong person eats the soup and dies. All the girls starting blaming each other and however good friends they are they all kill each other in a pistol/machine gun shoot that reminds me of John Woo films. Shows how thin friendship can be when you see this happen in the film.

Death Rate:
    8.5/10