Thread: what would you like to see in an FF7 remake?

1. #1 what would you like to see in an FF7 remake? 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    what would you guys like to see added to the game if they ever were to remake it?

i personally woudl like to see a battle arena where you fight other players over the PSN, but i dotn knwo how that woudl work otu with summons/magic/etc. taht can hit 9999 multiple times.

item/materia trading perhaps

obviously golden saucer games & chocobo races over PSN

a real - or clsoe to it - sized world, liek oblivion had. where you walk up to a city, and its the size of a city, nto the size of you.

good voice acting, with facial expressions and mouth movements that match

so what would you guys like to see?
    Fat PSP 3.51 > CatB50 V2.0 > 3.80M33-5 > 3.90M33-2 > 3.80M33-5 > BRICK > pandora > 3.71M33-4 > 4.01M33-2 > 5.00M33

♥ man ass PSP Elite Hacker carp's Avatar
    or instead of remaking FF7 they should finish up the FF13's.
    i would really rather not see a remake of FF7.
    personally i would rather have a brand new FF game than the same one with updated graphics and online mini games.
    but if they were to make a remake i would much rather prefer FF9 to be remade.
    I'm a fag.

I love FF7 as much as the next guy. I have a copy loaded on my iphone, PSP, and computer, but I think they should just leave it as is. Updating the cutscenes a little would be fine, but anything more and I'm afraid it could turn out like Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions.

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    They should make a remake of pong or tetris, both are simple but kill time fast.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Nate Benton's Avatar
    lol
    What would I like to see in a remake eh?

No talking. I want it to be the same as it is in the PSX. I don't want it ruined with voice acting. I want it to stay as I imagined the characters voices.
    Come on, you know you want to join that one forum!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Morris1113's Avatar
    wow, now this is a good question. if i was to choose. i would like the game to have more sidequests, have plenty of FMV cutscenes, change the style in which u want to fight. like say u could choose in the options, do u wanna fight like u did in Crisis Core or traditional FF style, i would like Voice Acting English Dubbing...why? because the english voices rule and so do the jap ones. obviously the graphics would be better so no worries about that.

one thing i would like to see that has bugged me in these types of RPG's, is that i LOVE the traditional sword they give u which is supposed to be like the chosen weapon for you to beat the story with but as u progress through the game u will find ur self using different swords, it would be cool if u were still able to buy all these swords and equip them but not change the physical appearance of your traditional sword, i want to see me still fighting with the buster sword but still having the extra attk and whatever with the sword i equipped which would have originally replaced it.
    - You... are not worthy

Member PSP User
    What I would like to see is a new damn game. Why all this FF7 crap. I love the game my self but what keeps me loveing it is the time i spent playing it in past and now. But Something new would be great instead of a remake of a game.

It should be remade with the cast of happy days because it's the only way I'd spend money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by john_kydd View Post
    It should be remade with the cast of happy days because it's the only way I'd spend money on it.
    thanks for contributing. now gtfo
    Fat PSP 3.51 > CatB50 V2.0 > 3.80M33-5 > 3.90M33-2 > 3.80M33-5 > BRICK > pandora > 3.71M33-4 > 4.01M33-2 > 5.00M33

apart from a MUCH needed graphical makeover, I would like more story -> More side quests, flashbacks into the lives of lesser seen characters, etc.

Also, I'm not sure if it's me being slow, or perhaps the way the script is worded in english, but there are are parts of the game that I still don't understand to this day. If I'm not slow, perhaps a better translation of the game would be nice...

Another thing I'd like to add is that I would like the game to keep the 3d models on static background style of the original... I think it worked well the first time, and if a new version of the game was entirely in 3d, it wouldn't feel the same.

Sony Playstation Portable
    Slim & Lite
    Firmware: 4.01 M33-2

Sony Playstation 3
    80gb Model w/ Upgraded 320gb Internal HDD
    1tb External HDD
    Firmware: 2.40 Official

Currently Playing: Crisis Core, Metal Gear Solid 4

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Nate Benton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    thanks for contributing. now gtfo
    HAHA! OWNED!
    Come on, you know you want to join that one forum!

Junior Member PSP User Gerbil The Happy taco's Avatar
    voice, and....(>_<) real time combat!!....
    mmm... this Aqua Dot is lemon flavored............