Thread: The most annoying thing about forums

1. #1 The most annoying thing about forums 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Just thought I would share something for discussion or debate whatever you want to call it. Does anyone else get infuriated when they read posts where people say "How do I play iso's on my psp" or "What is Custom Firmware for"

I mean seriously people, TRY A SEARCH ENGINE. You get faster results, and all the information that you need not just a short worded answer. I love it when people post questions here, that if the phrase is put in a search engine verbatim, it comes up with the answer to what they want to know. So my question, is it stupidity or laziness?

Just wondering if I'm alone, cause there sure are alot of those morons out there, and a fair share seem to be making their way here.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP EazyE's Avatar
    thank you. i feel the same way and that's all i did the first week. read and search. if a question exists, its been asked before. that's true abotu 99.9999% of the time. young and/or lazy people dont get this concept. i've found also people are too lazy to put in the work themselves and want a hand out or the path of least resistance. when infact they've been provided with the tools already, they just need to use the tools(search engines, guides section)

to be fair though, that first week i thought i'd NEVER know the difference between OFW, CFW, pandoras, MMS, and other fancy acronyms but all the reading paid off. im now comfortable having a conversation about this stuff, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by okstranger View Post
    Just thought I would share something for discussion or debate whatever you want to call it. Does anyone else get infuriated when they read posts where people say "How do I play iso's on my psp" or "What is Custom Firmware for"

I mean seriously people, TRY A SEARCH ENGINE. You get faster results, and all the information that you need not just a short worded answer. I love it when people post questions here, that if the phrase is put in a search engine verbatim, it comes up with the answer to what they want to know. So my question, is it stupidity or laziness?

Just wondering if I'm alone, cause there sure are alot of those morons out there, and a fair share seem to be making their way here.
    I've never had good luck with forum search engines. they never seem to give good results

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    i agree 100%. everytime someone has a question they feel there the only one who has had that problem. trust me, google the question, at least 5 other people have the same problem
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Hercules's Avatar
    well this sie search engine doesnt work, i searched for a particular ICON0 file, but it was no good, and then i looked manually, and there it was, the first post...but google should help...i dont mind helping people, just dont fill my pm asking me what to do if u get a blank screen and a green light..

that's whats nice about the chatbox, you can get them the info and it doesnt take up a ton of space.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Ctdash's Avatar
    I didn't google. I just befriended Nate Benton and he helped me all the way on IM. After that I started posting my problems on the forums. I don't trust google too much either, some stuff are incoherent. It's like saying that all information on Wikipedia can be used as valid. I recommend using a chatbox instead which is like an IM and there are several people who can help you out immediately.
    Last edited by Ctdash; 03-20-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP benjammin316's Avatar
    Though its true, this is what forums were made for right?

I mean, people who know what they are doing gather here, and then new people join to find out more.

I agree many answers can be searched for and a solution found, but you will always get people asking simple questions, just because they don't know where to start looking.

: ^ )
    O RLY?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I dont use this sites earch facility, i use google to search it. i just type in the search box "site: pspmod.com whatever.im.searching.for" and it gets great results. And i also dont like it when people say "google will help" or something, forums are here to help people, not to direct them to google!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I dont use this sites earch facility, i use google to search it. i just type in the search box "site: pspmod.com whatever.im.searching.for" and it gets great results. And i also dont like it when people say "google will help" or something, forums are here to help people, not to direct them to google!
    For the most part, I agree with the end of your statement. I have no problem offering help, but when the answer they want could've been EASILY obtained by simply "searching" you can count me out. Forums are here to help people who obey the rules. If the rules state that you should search before starting a new thread, then that's what people should do.

I agree, but some people just don't take the time to atleast TRY and comprehend things, anyone who says that ISO's or Firmware make no sense is either putting no effort into learning about it or hopelessly stupid.

"And what's the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge." - Spike

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    o and forget to add another thing thats annoying to forums... spambots
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Hercules's Avatar
    i just hate it when you try to help someone..then THEY think they know what they are talking about...i mean if that is the case, why ask me for help..every 5mins my phone vibrates because i get an email, and when i open it up, the subject says "New PSPMod Private Message" im like geez..did you ATTEMPT to read the guide, or any guide for that matter? i should add "if you get a blank screen with a green light, then reformat your mms" i think that will help, because that is mostly the problem...oh yeah you have to use pandora's after 3.52 firmware, so dont ask

Quote Originally Posted by Condession View Post
    I agree, but some people just don't take the time to atleast TRY and comprehend things, anyone who says that ISO's or Firmware make no sense is either putting no effort into learning about it or hopelessly stupid.
    Amen to that.

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    The first thing noobs see is not the search button, its usually the firmware section where they think, "Hey, all these people are asking questions, I want some answers too!", and then they spam the section with the same questions.

But apparently they like people doing the work for them, they're usually too lazy to google or use the search button.