Thread: New Gaming Auction Website: GameGavel.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 New Gaming Auction Website: GameGavel.com 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Jasen's Avatar
    I started this thread over at a few other places, but thought some folks here might be interested too. I don't want this viewed as an ad/spam but rather as an informative post that is open to commentary/suggestion for the site. We are all gamers here, and can all benefit.

If you recall, ebay has really upp'ed its fees for games and such. They have implemented new rules that are insanely unfair to buyers/sellers, and in turn have really turned a lot of people off to it in general.

About 2 months ago when this all started happening, I started a thread at digitalpress (a very robust gaming site, if you are interested) to gage interest in a video game only auction site with different rules, lower prices, and a more community feel. It was received with luke warm responses by some and a mix of hot and cold as well. The owner of the famous DP store/site Joe was really keen on the idea and his enthusiam led me to actually start the site.

Business plan, and computer at the ready I went through with it and invested the time and money needed to make it happen. It has been up and running for about a month now, and it is slowly growing.

Currently, everyone who signs up gets a $2.50 bonus to be used for selling items. And there is a sweet contest going now that allows sellers to have the opportunity to win a boxed original nintendo entertainment system.

And, FWIW, you can sell customized PSPs without being sneaky or secretive with the auction!

What do you all think?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP benjammin316's Avatar
    "If you recall, ebay has really upp'ed its fees for games and such. They have implemented new rules that are insanely unfair to buyers/sellers, and in turn have really turned a lot of people off to it in general."

Ebay upped the fees?

Link?
    O RLY?

Yeah, some of the final value fees are upto 8.25%!

link: Game Gavel

for ebay fees: I assume its just their fees page, if you can find it!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Thanks for this, i was just going to start selling some of my old consoles on ebay, but since they up'd the selling fees i think ill try this site instead. What about tazbar? does anyone know what their selling fees are?
    Or would i even get a buyer on there, its pretty lame...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Never heard of tazbar.... and I frequent a lot of the major gaming sites frequently.

That being said, I would go with gamegavel.com since it is a gaming site. Free to list things. Set the price at the minimum you want, relist it for free.

If you think it's lame, then thats fine. No skin off of my nose, and definately not insulted. Everyday there are about 1000 visits, 63.3% are unique according to google analytics. People have been listing very common things so the demand isn't huge. Although, there have been over 200 auctions listed and 87% of them have sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasen View Post
    Never heard of tazbar.... and I frequent a lot of the major gaming sites frequently.

That being said, I would go with gamegavel.com since it is a gaming site. Free to list things. Set the price at the minimum you want, relist it for free.

If you think it's lame, then thats fine. No skin off of my nose, and definately not insulted. Everyday there are about 1000 visits, 63.3% are unique according to google analytics. People have been listing very common things so the demand isn't huge. Although, there have been over 200 auctions listed and 87% of them have sold.
    No i was talking about tazbar being lame, it was supposed to give ebay a run for its money but just drifted away. Now that i think about it, i think its a UK site. but ill definetly look into gamegavel.com thanks

[!]

Yeah, I googled tazbar and they didnt have squat for gaming stuff. Just a few mass sellers selling the same thing over and over!

Either way, might as well sign up for gamegavel.com and get the bonus credit. Maybe you can get the 5 things sold to qualify to win!

I just wanted to provide an update to everyone regarding this site. There has been a lot of additions in the past week or so including:

1. Reviews and Guides system, similar to ebay, share your knowledge, insights, and information with the community.

2. Digital Press Rarity Guide integration. Provide your buyers information about games that is important to them such as Rarity, Approximate Value, Manufacturer, and more!

3. The best for last, a referral system that gets you money to sell things and money in your pocket! Basically, anyone you refer to the site will plus up your sellers account.

3.*When someone you refer sells something, GameGavel will share the final value fees of their auction with you! When you build up $50 in this manner, we send you a check or deposit it into your paypal account!

Have a website? You can post the like to GameGavel.com, code provided at the site in your members area, so that you can maximize your referrals! Want to use it in your forum signature? Like mine below? We provided that code too! It's never been easier to refer a friend!

Also, we have a new contest this month (the previous one just ended, congrats to Icarus Moonsight for winning a boxed NES System). To be eligible all you have to do is become a verified seller. What do you win? A game of your choice for a current system of your choice (Value must be <$60).

I really am trying to make this a great site for gamers, by a gamer with a lot of incentives to use it over eBay. Contests, Free Listings, Referral Money, and a true community feel is what the goal of GameGavel.com is.. So far, I think we are succeeding!

Don't forget about the new contest this month, the chance to earn money, or the unique features that only GameGavel offers.

If you haven't checked it out yet, and you are a gamer.... you could be missing out on huge deals!

Today, I made the tough decision to part ways with Google Ads and using them as a source of advertising for GameGavel.com.

Unfortunately, the value vs. return for you (the user) and myself (the owner) was not very good. I am 100% driven to ensure that all of your auctions get the attention they deserve, and as such I have decided to lanuch a more targeted and poignient campaign with image banners at various gaming websites only.

This targeted approach will ensure that the right people are getting to see GameGavel and then seeing your auctions when the visit the site.

Keep an eye out on the website, for the latest video coming to the front page of GameGavel for the most exciting news to date! Let's just say that one lucky person will could be a lot richer in the future!
    Thanks for everyone's support so far and your patience while GameGavel grows!

Today, I made the tough decision to part ways with Google Ads and using them as a source of advertising for GameGavel.com.

Unfortunately, the value vs. return for you (the user) and myself (the owner) was not very good. I am 100&#37; driven to ensure that all of your auctions get the attention they deserve, and as such I have decided to lanuch a more targeted and poignient campaign with image banners at various gaming websites only.

This targeted approach will ensure that the right people are getting to see GameGavel and then seeing your auctions when the visit the site.

Keep an eye out on the website, for the latest video coming to the front page of GameGavel for the most exciting news to date! Let's just say that one lucky person will could be a lot richer in the future!
    Thanks for everyone's support so far and your patience while GameGavel grows!
    Are you the admin of gamegavel?
    And sorry i forgot about that place, im on just now registering

Also there isnt an age restriction is there?

[!]

I am the owner/admin of GameGavel.com yes.

The TOS states you must legally be able to enter into a contract, since some states and countries differ with the age requirements.

Jasen

I am the owner/admin of GameGavel.com yes.

The TOS states you must legally be able to enter into a contract, since some states and countries differ with the age requirements.

Jasen
    Well im only 16. I dont think thats age enough for me to sign up as im from the UK. I think i need to be 18. Sorry

[!]

I can't express how awesome the newest and biggest contest announcement is on the fourm!

You have to check it out now:
    Game Gavel

Senior Member I Modded My PSP greendragonslim's Avatar
    Your from Italy? you have an incredibly good English accent, In fact, I would assume that you are American.
    psp fw history: 1.5>2.7>3.5>1.5>3.52m33>3.52m33-4>3.71m33>3.71m33-3>3.80m33-5. I'm selling it if anyone is interested. pm me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast