Thread: iphone questions *only answer if you have one*

1. #1 iphone questions *only answer if you have one* 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    Yes, this is right "anti-apple" canadianbacon has a few questions, I'm not totally anti-apple guys :P

This is for jailbroken iPhones, if you didn't jailbreak it please don't post.

Is there a 3rd party app to make/have custom ringtones without buying them via iTunes?

I know the iPhone doesn't support MMS (kind of gay tbh), is there a 3rd party app to get around using an email for pic/vid messages?

doesn't apply to jailbroken ones, but, say I go for the $59.99 plan from AT&T, how much extra is unlimited texting? I only need 400 minutes, and the 5000 night&weekends is more then enough + rollover, just need to know how much more texting is.

verizon is gay so I'm most likely switching to AT&T, and buying an iPhone, just need some questions before I buy it.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP benjammin316's Avatar
    no custom ringtones, no mms?

What a piece of shit phone.

;^/
    O RLY?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Jasen's Avatar
    I have an iPhone. It's easy to Jailbreak, check out modmyifone.com for complete unlock programs. There are a lot out there and its easy as anything to do now. I have done 2 in 10 mins.

You can use any wav to mp4 converter (handbrake comes to mind) to create it. After that, there are a plethora of ways to add the ringtone, just check mmi.com

For the MMS Support, its coming via Apple, but there are programs around it available now.

For Ben, get a life, for apple to make a phone for the first time and it being such a hit... they did something right. Its by far the best phone I have ever owned, and everyone that has one agrees.

Jasen

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    i saw today that the 2.0 update will have a in safari youtube plugin (which made no sense, since its a youtube plugin on the main screen). im gonna save up and either get a touch or iphone and if i do get the phone im JB'ing it and putting in my tmobile card
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasen View Post
    You can use any wav to mp4 converter (handbrake comes to mind) to create it. After that, there are a plethora of ways to add the ringtone, just check mmi.com

For the MMS Support, its coming via Apple, but there are programs around it available now.

For Ben, get a life, for apple to make a phone for the first time and it being such a hit... they did something right. Its by far the best phone I have ever owned, and everyone that has one agrees.

Jasen
    Basically for the ringtones do what Jasen said. You can add ringtones using ibrickr v 0.91 (and also delete ones you dont want)

There is an app available through installer called "Swirly MMS" which obviously allows you to send MMS. Link: The Swirly iPhone MMS Application Space

I would recommend you download iPhone PC Suite incase you ever mess up your iphone and it wont boot properly. ( I messed up The Summerboard app and it wouldnt boot properly, so i just used Iphone pc suite to go into it and delete the Summerboard app, and it booted fine with nothing missing)

Download Link: Codecs.com :: Download iPhone PC Suite 1.0.3.3 : iPhone PC Suite is an interesting iPhone manager

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    thanks to both Jasen, and Andromeda.

Hopefully I'll be getting it tomorrow.

I went to mmi.com, didn't seem to have to do with anything about the iPhone?

Downloading ibrickr v 0.91, and iPhone PC Suite as we speak.

I'm planning on using iLibertyX, because I've heard that ziPhone upgrades to the 4.2boot loader and you cannot downgrade it without taking apart your iPhone.
    Last edited by canadianbacon; 04-04-2008 at 02:33 AM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Jasen's Avatar

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    hehe iphone?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrohacker View Post
    hehe iphone?
    They took apple to court about that, but i dont think they got anything for it. and em. that phone looks retarded.
    Good luck Canadianbacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]