Thread: i have an idea for the forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 i have an idea for the forums 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP MrPotatoes's Avatar
    ok, seeing as i frequent hre alot now, mostly for the hell of it, i've noticed alot of tension. there are very few 'good' questions asked and mostly drama and anger. mostly towards noobs.

well, instead of getting all hungup on people that ask the same question over and over again how about just not posting in there at all. or lets designate someone here that frequents alot to just say 'read the stickies and search foo' and leave it at that. let that bitch get low and die off. this way everyone doen't get in a huff about people signing up to ask a question that has not already been asked it's either being discussed or the topic has come to a conclusion.

what i see instead is hostility towards people that apparently don't know how to behave on forums. i myself am no n00b no matter what my post count says. i read alot of theads on here before i even bothered to sign up. and some of these bitches were pages long. but i read them and got the general jist of things going on. but no, not everyone does that. hell alot of people that do post on the internet seem to lack the ability to visualize a clear and consice thought and instead butcher the language by talking in 'AIM street' or my most favorite/dreaded '1337 speak'. *e-ugh*

SO, lets just not answer these people and get on with our game playing. because isnt that what we got this thing for? well, i did. i don't know about you people

::POOF::

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker lilmetal's Avatar
    well u know... most of the ppl thet ask the noob questions almost never come back. based on that their post count is just 1. so doing whatever wouldnt make a differnce. maybe.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP jahoe's Avatar
    Hmm.. I have mixed feelings..

On one hand, I can see how 'noobs' and repetitive questions get very annoying, especially for the mods..

But in contrast with this, it doesn't cost anything to be nice. A simple "Hi, welcome to forums.. please read the stickys and try google first" *Lock Thread* would suffice..

So.. I dunno.. but I'm not a mod so, me being me, I would probably just point the noob in the right direction 'cause I'm that sort of guy come on.. we were all noobs once!! Not everyone knows how forums work, and etc..

Jahoe..
    Proud owner of my PSP.. v1.5 ofcourse!!
    Ohh.. and I hate MySpace.com.. alot!
    PM: Jahoe

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker BLACKOUT's Avatar
    an extra mit could do that, or could be a job for current mits.

jsh
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker jsh's Avatar
    the way i see it is, there's grumpy fucks (like me) and gentle people (like ionz)

dont care much for people who want answers and dont even care to research or try to help themselves before creating a new thread about it.

www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    I would say that is exactly what mods and mits are for... finding pointless/repetative threads and locking them. Since there is no way to stop people from responding to worthless threads or from flaming noobs for making such threads, it is just up to the diligence of the mods/mits to keep active here and eliminate problems as they see them, in a nice way or not (jsh )
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

i am 1/85th noob(meaning i have noob ideas but more sence). we all start out noobs.. even if we did not post at the time of that. and yes we should fight noobism like jsh said in a diffrent thread. but in a much nicer way. we all Know how to work a forum(most people)but some don't and they may double post like I did once, or post the same thing someone else said once ago. we all know that most people don't read the stickies and thats why. we should just tell them the answer to there question and lock it (correct answer and maybe let some other people post to). if they double post just tell them to delete the post or the the mit's or mod's do it. no need for being so mean. theirs soultions to the problem and these are examples
    (+|____________|+)
    (* ~ .......... .. ,, ~ ~)

COPY THIS INTO YOUR SIGNATURE TO HAVE PSP WORLD DOMINATION!!
    Keyboard not found. Press < F1 > to RESUME MOUSE NOT FOUND
    <CLICK>THE UPPER LEFT ICON TO CONTINUE!!!!

NOTHINGS CUTE HERE, EVERYTHINGS TIGHT
    BIG SUPPORTER OF NOOBLAND
    POSSIBLY COMING TO PSPMOD.COM

for the noob's: READ THE STICKIES!! JOIN MYFORUMNOW
    [last updated:1/16/06]

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker jrmdb3's Avatar
    Hmmm...If we don't respond to their questions..They will just keep asking them and keep annoying us. I think that the MODs/MITs should just point them in the direction to theyre designated question and just lock it up. (what i mean in that statement is, if you are willing to find them info. post it up there, but if you dont care just tell them to read the stickeys or research)....because I see a lot of peoples post count go up saying "what a noob"...or "read the stickeys" or something and they can't lock the thread so it just keeps going til a MOD/MIT comes and locks it. But I dont know. I don't really think its getting THAT out of hand..just everyonce and a while tehre are some no 'Common-Senced noobs'. But I'm not sure...

Your fellow PSPMod.com Super Moderator. -Jrmdb3
    "Live life to the fullest"
    GAMERTAG: Jrmdb3

or you can force them to have lik 5-10 legit posts at the least to ask a question. getting the posts will give them the chance to get a look at the stickies and stuff before their allowed to post a question. (instead of registering, posting "help me with this" probally in the wrong section)

wish i was a mod/mit(doesn't matter) that way i could have athourity over people
    locking threads deleting posts and other stuff like that.(not complaining or wining just letting you guys know)
    but we all can help point noob's in the right direction even if we don't have athority over others.
    but if i was a mod i could take some of the weight off of the other mod's back.
    there could now be 6 mod's.
    do you guys know when the next poll is for the mod elction?
    (+|____________|+)
    (* ~ .......... .. ,, ~ ~)

COPY THIS INTO YOUR SIGNATURE TO HAVE PSP WORLD DOMINATION!!
    Keyboard not found. Press < F1 > to RESUME MOUSE NOT FOUND
    <CLICK>THE UPPER LEFT ICON TO CONTINUE!!!!

NOTHINGS CUTE HERE, EVERYTHINGS TIGHT
    BIG SUPPORTER OF NOOBLAND
    POSSIBLY COMING TO PSPMOD.COM

for the noob's: READ THE STICKIES!! JOIN MYFORUMNOW
    [last updated:1/16/06]

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    We should create a new section called Noobland and all new members should only be able to post in that section until a mod or mit decides they are not a total dumbass and allows them access to post in other sections
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP jahoe's Avatar
    Well.. reading most people's responses *cough* jsh *cough*.. the general thing would be to 'point the noob in the right direction' or even just a quick hyperlink, then lock it.. seems fair..

@ jsh.. nice flash movie lol..
    Proud owner of my PSP.. v1.5 ofcourse!!
    Ohh.. and I hate MySpace.com.. alot!
    PM: Jahoe

Senior Member I Modded My PSP MrPotatoes's Avatar
    what jahoe just said

sorry, i was coding so i didn't come back really to this thread for awhile. either way i was just trying to point out that you people can save yourself alot of grief and stop getting angry over this and just let it go. be nicer. you might have of pissed off that one dude that could have made that one downgrader, or let you be able to crack that Flash playing thing-a-ma-bobber, or hell help you debug something. you just never know. it pays to be more hospital to people.

but, given, when someone is a general ass or can't use any kind of grammar or anything like that i myself get annoyed. but i don't nother posting i just leave that thread or ignore the dude.

i think what Jahoe said is a good way to go about it tho. give it a thought

Quote Originally Posted by bragg133
    do you guys know when the next poll is for the mod elction?
    prolly in the next 3,000 members...

I was thinking kinda the same thing about Noobworld. except in my world, nobody gets a question answered until they get the right # of posts. the posts just validate their knoladge (however its speeled) of PSP.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Brando's Avatar
    just stab them until they get it

who knew it would be so boring...
    ........................................not watching anime

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast