Thread: why the f*ck do ppl care about grammar?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 why the f*ck do ppl care about grammar?! 
    Junior Member PSP User
    we are on the frickin internet,where we can escape from having to use good grammar and spelling,only to be persecuted for spelling "the" like "teh",all i can say to those correcting others grammar (you know who you are,one of you is canadian,annoying and most probably a neo-nazi), is s*ck my b*lls,i'll spell how i like and if its barely legible then why would you care?such ppl obviously dont have anything else to do with their time.......RELAX this forum is for casual chatting not who has the best grammar!

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    I'm only using good grammar to not start writing like a dumb dumb in school...

Junior Member PSP User
    I suppose,sometimes I'd be writing an essay in school and I'd write "lol" or "wtf" in it,but really,some people need to just chillax!!!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP cecil1knight's Avatar
    Poor grammar causes me to laugh; however, I do not look down on people who use it on the internet...unless of course they write something like, "omg lik u see him rite teh sentanc on forems rrly bad!?!?1/1!?"

♥ man ass PSP Elite Hacker carp's Avatar
    the only reason people say a word about other people's grammar on the internet is because it makes it hard to read if you cant spell right or use comas and periods. and speaking of people needing to chill, almost half of ur posts are complaining about one thing or the other, so just sit back, relax and enjoy the show. the other half is your LED mods.
    Last edited by carp; 07-08-2008 at 09:48 PM.
    I'm a fag.

Junior Member PSP User
    h3y d00d d4t guy is d00bl3 p00st1ng l3ts pwn him up t3h pwnh0l3<<Case and point!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    i used to think the same thing. hey its the internet, i can type how ever i want. but it just places a bad image on your record. like me. when i type i use periods, commas, etc. ive seen sentences run on and on and on without any signs of pause. so it jumbles the information and you cannot read a lick of what is going on.
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Member PSP User
    hahah thanks!!!

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    I care about grammar and spelling because you look like a fucking moron if you can't understand basic spelling and sentence structure.

And, who the fuck wants to try to read to the shit you kidiots will type when no one is around to correct shit.

You may be on the "frickin internet", but you're also a guest on our web site. And, if you don't abide by the rules of this private forum, then you're at the mercy of someone like me. A grammar-nazi super moderator of this forum.

Now, I won't be too big of a dick about how shittily you type, I'll just make fun of you for that, but when you insult other members, I can get pretty fucking nasty about that. You suggested CB was a neo-nazi, and you're telling the members, myself, a moderator, included, to do something explicit and strictly prohibited on this site.

I'm going to scan your posts to see if there's anything else you've done, just so I can add on to the list.
    The list of reasons why you're banned.

Have a nice vacation from PSPMod. I hope you use this time to get a better understanding of the English language, and the rules and laws of it.
    I'll see you in a week.

Edit: I've looked over them, and I've got some exciting news. I've decided to extend your vacation!
    Here's an overview of your offenses: Insulting members, and assulting a moderator, flamming members, back-seat moderating, arrogant disrespect of PSPMod and it's members.

Wow, what a mouthful.
    Looks like I'll see you in 3 weeks. And, let me just tell you this: when you get back I'll be watching you so close, that the next time you even think about doing anything so much as remotely offending, to anyone. You'll be banned from PSPMod as fast as you were banned from Acidmods. We're not interested in their trash.
    Last edited by Pirate-M.Lifnen; 07-09-2008 at 02:11 AM.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cezar's Avatar
    Its also not appreciated because there are a lot of foreign people using the forums which may not be able to keep up with english, let alone L33T english or whatever you wanna call it

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Bamhsc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate-M.Lifnen View Post
    I care about grammar and spelling because you look like a fucking moron if you can't understand basic spelling and sentence structure.

And, who the fuck wants to try to read to the shit you kidiots will type when no one is around to correct shit.

You may be on the "frickin internet", but you're also a guest on our web site. And, if you don't abide by the rules of this private forum, then you're at the liberty of someone like me. A grammar-nazi super moderator of this forum.

Now, I won't be too big of a dick about how shittily you type, I'll just make fun of you for that, but when you insult other members, I can get pretty fucking nasty about that. You suggested CB was a neo-nazi, and you're telling the members, myself, a moderator, included, to do something explicit and strictly prohibited on this site.

I'm going to scan your posts to see if there's anything else you've done, just so I can add on to the list.

Have a nice vacation from PSPMod. I hope you use this time to get a better understanding of the English language, and the rules and laws of it.
    I'll see you in a week.

Edit: I've looked over them, and I've got some exciting news. I've decided to extend your vacation!
    Here's an overview of your offenses: Insulting members, and assulting a moderator, flamming members, back-seat moderating, arrogant disrespect of PSPMod and it's members.

Wow, what a mouthful.
    Looks like I'll see you in 3 weeks. And, let me just tell you this: when you get back I'll be watching you so close, that the next time you even think about doing anything so much as remotely offending, to anyone. You'll be banned from PSPMod as fast as you were banned from Acidmods. We're not interested in their trash.
    Haha. Bitchin'
    Plus, the advert is a girl eating snow...
    +1 for the snow.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    I'm not actually Canadian, but I'm flattered to be included in this post.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Krunk_Kracker's Avatar

You may be on the "frickin internet", but you're also a guest on our web site. And, if you don't abide by the rules of this private forum, then you're at the liberty of someone like me. A grammar-nazi super moderator of this forum.

I'll see you in a week.

Wow, what a mouthful.
    Bahaha!! KIDIOT!!! Oh man...I have GOT to remember that....that sir is EPIC. I hope I didn't annoy you to much, I reported like 8 of his posts. I'll admit I got into a little tussle with him, but his arrogance coupled with his insistence on butchering the English language was making my normally enjoyable forum usage a pain in the ass.

Man, I moderate a computer forum...I only wish I could put people in there place like that. Well played

Quote Originally Posted by canadianbacon
    I'm not actually Canadian, but I'm flattered to be included in this post.
    I'm sad panda because he didn't include me
    Last edited by Krunk_Kracker; 07-09-2008 at 01:11 AM.
    NEW PSP SLIM W/ OFW v3.90 ~> CFW v3.71 m33-3 ~> CFW v4.01 m33-2 ~> CFW v5.00 m33 ~> brick! (doh) ~> CFW v.4.01 m33-2 ~> CFW v5.00m33-3

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Oh....I didn't get CB's post until like 5 minutes later...
    Whatever his name was called someone else a neo-nazi. I read Canadian, and thought CB. Hahahah. Oh well, the insult still stands, and is still not fair of him.

And sorry Krunk_Kracker, I read over his other posts and saw how he was acting towards you, and that really pissed me off. Sorry I didn't include you...
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

On another forum I go to, there's a lot of fuss about grammar. Certain people truly look down on those who don't use proper grammar. I think that's awful. They will actually use up a post to point out someone's incorrect usage of they're/their/there. This to me is the point where it gets really sad.

In my opinion, as long as I can decipher the general idea of someone's post...brilliant! If I can't, I'm really not bothered, I'll just read the next one. I don't see the point in trying to elevate yourself above others by moaning about their grammar and potentially embarrassing them.

Perhaps I'm just more tolerant since English isn't my first or second language, I don't know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast