Thread: Please support H.R. 5843: the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Please support H.R. 5843: the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker drew00629's Avatar
    Gamers and weed goes hand in hand, so please, if youre 18, fill out this quick page and have it sent to your congressmen.
    HR 5843
    Representative Frank's legislation would remove criminal penalties for possession of up to 100 grams of marijuana and the not-for-profit transfer of one ounce (28.3 grams) of marijuana.

https://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site/...rAction&id=177

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    no...im good. smoking weed and gamers dont go hand in hand.

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    never was a fan of drugs, and still is. too many people in my school get high, it's not even funny now.
    first post on iPod touch .

Retired PSP Elite Hacker fubar42o's Avatar
    I'm filling it out, but I'm a little paranoid of the fact that they want your address and phone number...

"don't fucking ask me. i don't know..."

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    Yeah, that is odd, but I heard about this so I'm sure it's legit..

I'm not 18 however, otherwise I would sign.

edit:

look it's a real act:
    H.R. 5843: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults (GovTrack.us)

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker xLostCauzex's Avatar
    I've researched, watched documentaries, experimented and got peoples opinions on marijuana use and how it effects you. The truth is, Marijuana is not harmful in anyway that is drastic. There are carcinogens in smoke, yes but using a vaporizer and smoking it correctly can lessen the amount of carcinogens. There are more Carcinogens in cigarettes then marijuana and don't believe what the text books tell you. I had a health textbook from the 90's saying Weed is more harmful and a updated documented research saying the opposite. I support the use of Marijuana but in no way do i condone the abuse of it.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    I have my own reasons for not supporting. There is some legal use of Marijuana for people with serious need of the pain killers in it. I've heard of it, and I think that is okay.

However, using it without a serious need is pretty much abuse. Its like all you want to do is get high. There is no need for it, just like there is no need for smoking. So why fight for something I believe has no use? No use = abuse.

You may disagree with me on that, and that's fine, but I have my opinion just like you. If the law passes it, I don't care. But I don't really support it.

<3 MB

"* The report estimates that legalizing marijuana would save $7.7 billion per year in government expenditure on enforcement of prohibition. $5.3 billion of this savings would accrue to state and local governments, while $2.4 billion would accrue to the federal government.

* The report also estimates that marijuana legalization would yield tax revenue of $2.4 billion annually if marijuana were taxed like all other goods and $6.2 billion annually if marijuana were taxed at rates comparable to those on alcohol and tobacco."

Not only legalizing it, would save them 7billion, if they tax and force you to buy their own, they will make 6billion.

That's 13 billion dollars in our governments pocket, if they legalize a natural plant..

However, both tobacco and alcohol (government regulated of course), both are linked to cancer related deaths, are both highly addictive and bad for you, and even alcohol which affects your.. well basically everything when drunk, are LEGAL. Tobacco kills nearly ~500,000 people each year, and is the cause of around 50,000 diagnostics of cancer.... In the US alone.

Well then again marijuana does kill like... oh wait, no one has ever died due to marijuana solely. (no overdose etc, not even lung cancer).

But it has been proved to cause cancer... wait, no, I'm wrong again. White house reports no chemicals in cannabis as well as THC cause cancer, in fact a recent study on the MPP(.org) showed that cannabis given to mice with cancer actually fought it off better then mice without cannabis.

It is addictive, however... Oh sorry, this isn't cigarettes I'm talking about, wrong again. Numerous tests, including scientists, white house officials, and well known scholars have proved that cannabis, and thc are not addictive, mentally or physically, it's about the individual. (Tobacco, and alcohol, both are addictive).

It is a gateway drug, however. Nope, the actual drug does not pursue you to other drugs, it's the individual. In science, the distinction between cause and correlation is a crucial one. A White House-commissioned study by the Institute of Medicine found that marijuana "does not appear to be a gateway drug to the extent that it is the cause or even that it is the most significant predictor of serious drug abuse; that is, care must be taken not to attribute cause to association."

Legalizing marijuana will just put it in kids hands faster. Nope, In the 10 medical marijuana states that have before-and-after data, studies have unanimously shown that not only has youth use of marijuana not gone up overall, it actually has declined since medical marijuana became legal.

People using it for medical reasons are lying. Actually not, look at this victims list due to marijuana being illegal. Victims

Not only will legalizing marijuana put money in our pockets, keep the real criminals in jail, help very sick patients use an alternative medicine (funny how Oxycontin, percocet, are all addictive but legal.), but it can also be used for many other uses. Hemp, which can be grown without THC (just male plants), can be used for rope, clothing, which can cut costs off supply and demand of other items, but can still give us a profit if we produce hemp!

No matter how you look at it, there is no downfall to legalizing marijuana.

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    I never really understood why people smoke... It just makes them high. Makes them make stupid annoying noises, and overall act retarded. Most drugs kill you to, weed doesn't, but still, I just don't get what makes anyone feel "cool" about being high. Weed alone can't kill you, but if you add it to certain drugs it can. i.e: "Chronic". - Friend died from OD on Chronic.
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Senior Member I Modded My PSP itzzspencer's Avatar
    not to be an ass, but after reading lost cauze's comment and muffinly bliss, i do not have the will power to read yours now bacon lol. anyway, i do not have anything agianst marijuana but i will never smoke it and i do not want to get involved in making it so people can abuse marijuana. either way, the gov't loses. there will be too much cases of drug abuse and if we have regulations like now, there will always be criminals..

FW history: 3.95 -> 3.71 m33 -> 3.80 m33 -> 3.90M33-4 -> 4.01M33-2

Quote Originally Posted by .ChAoS-FaCtiOn. View Post
    I never really understood why people smoke... It just makes them high. Makes them make stupid annoying noises, and overall act retarded. Most drugs kill you to, weed doesn't, but still, I just don't get what makes anyone feel "cool" about being high. Weed alone can't kill you, but if you add it to certain drugs it can. i.e: "Chronic". - Friend died from OD on Chronic.
    Are you retarded?

Chronic, can be another name for weed, but there is no drug called chronic..

Also the fact that you said you don't understand why people smoke, people get the wrong image of being 'high'.

I can act perfectly normal high. I can drive fine, I can walk fine, I can work fine, I can do everything fine if I wish to.

You just feel better. That's it. You're not tense, you're not hating life, you don't have aches or pains.

But yeah, your friend never died of a OD drug called chronic dude, but nice try.

I don't get why people smoke cigarettes or drink beer. Both do nothing for you, and beer just fucks you up.

And unlike you, I actually know real people that died because of alcohol and cigarettes, about 500,000 Americans have a year. Yet that's legal.

A high on weed is way less potent and harmful then being drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by itzzspencer View Post
    not to be an ass, but after reading lost cauze's comment and muffinly bliss, i do not have the will power to read yours now bacon lol. anyway, i do not have anything agianst marijuana but i will never smoke it and i do not want to get involved in making it so people can abuse marijuana. either way, the gov't loses. there will be too much cases of drug abuse and if we have regulations like now, there will always be criminals..
    Maybe you should have.

Quote Originally Posted by itzzspencer View Post
    there will be too much cases of drug abuse.
    Please read the fact that I stated that the states that have legalized/decriminalized it have seen a DECREASE in minors smoking it. Abuse? No. You know whats drug abuse? Any alcoholic, yet it's perfectly legal.
    Last edited by canadianbacon; 08-22-2008 at 04:28 AM.

...So your saying emo's smoke? lol, you stop hating life... hmm... I don't hate life, and I don't have to lower my standards to a pothead to say that.
    Disclaimer:

...So your saying emo's smoke? lol, you stop hating life... hmm... I don't hate life, and I don't have to lower my standards to a pothead to say that.
    Not saying I hate life, but haven't you always wondered why hippies never are angry or mad, and don't hate anyone.

I meant it in the sense that, when I'm stoned, nothing really bothers me (and don't this take this out of proportion, saying that me killing someone wont bother me).

Just stupid shit wont bother you. An asshole at work, someone cutting you off, you getting bullied at school. You just don't really let it go to you, and you think about good memories and times, always thinking positive stoned.

I guess that explains why my friend was always high... He had a lot of bullies... But it's more rewarding if you beat the shit out of them. Not ignore them. w/e this argument is getting boring, this is a gaming forum for Christ's sake...
    Disclaimer:

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    w/e this argument is getting boring, this is a gaming forum for Christ's sake...

In the offtopic section.

Dammit bacon you're making me want to try pot...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast