Thread: Will it ever stop?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Will it ever stop? 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker d[^_^]b_psp's Avatar
    So pretty much i was up late last night watching some TV while playing my psp. As i was browsing through the channels, i saw that pokemon was on and i pressed the little INFO button on my remote and it said

(2008) "BLAH BLAH BLAH" which means its a fairly, if not, brand new episode. I remember when pokemon first came out when ash went to pick up his first pokemon and Gary come out all happy with his pokemon (this was like what 8 years ago maybe?) So i was wondering what you guys think?

Will it ever end anytime soon? Or do you think it will keep going strong for another 3-5 years?

http://www.freewebs.com/andro2usa/
    HELP ANDROMEDA COME TO THE US of A
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..

Member PSP User
    As long as kids keep liking it they'll make the show and cards- they're still making a LOT of money I guess. I'm just amazed they haven't run out of ideas for the little guys...er animals...whatever "pocket monsters" haha There must be thousands by now, right?

This stuff started when I was in like 1st or 2nd grade....and I'm graduating this school year...woah haha weird to think about. Now my younger brothers liked it and grew out of it the same way I did, strange.

I could easily see it going on another 5 years just with the amount of Pokemon merchandise I see everywhere. It's not as much as it used to be when it was SUPER popular but they must be making a good profit or it would be gone like Digimon.

yeah, thats another thing i dont get, they keep coming up with names, more monsters, and the evolved monsters. Not to mention the story line really hasnt changed. I mean, Jesse and James are still trying to catch pikachu. (talk about not wanting to fail haha). They even came out with a few movies also. Its just weird on how far pokemon has come.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    It'll probably be like the power rangers it'll never end and get worse every season. have the power rangers died off yet or what?

Quote Originally Posted by john_kydd View Post
    It'll probably be like the power rangers it'll never end and get worse every season. have the power rangers died off yet or what?
    im not sure about the power rangers, i stopped watching after that movie came out with Ivan Ooze. Those were the days of the power rangers. Red, Green, Pink, Black, Blue then later on White. Haha good times

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    pokemon gets dumber and dumber. i remember the good 150 days now its like 500. lol. and they make no sense.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    Pokemon will be around for quite some time..I remember when it was just 150...no Mew yet or anything now they're like up to 500 or something..

Edit:Aww Sullivan said the same thing at the same time...damn....

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

lol, thats a kodak moment huh (SS quick?). Yeah and the pokefans got so happy when the movie came out and Mew was announced the 151. Went to the movie just to get that Mew card hahahaha

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    Yeah I know...I was one of them.....I'll admit it..I will still pick up a little Pokemon Battling on my PSP when I'm bored...

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFoxSniper View Post
    Yeah I know...I was one of them.....I'll admit it..I will still pick up a little Pokemon Battling on my PSP when I'm bored...
    so will i. pokemon blue, gold, and ruby are fun, and still challenging.

lol same message.

yeah i was one of them too, i remember battling my cousins with our gameboy pockets. I thought i was so cool using gameshark just to get my pokemon to lvl 100 and beating my cousins hahaha

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by john_kydd View Post
    I'm pretty sure they haven't. I have a friend who's younger brother apparently watches it and it's supposedly TERRIBLE!

I'm afraid even as a kid I never really got into the power rangers much. The show was pretty awful to begin with (no offense to fans) I think so I don't see how it could get worse. All my cousins loved it so I felt pressure to like it, but I hated the cheesy show as a little kid, so I think it would literally make me barf now

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by d[^_^]b_psp View Post
    im not sure about the power rangers, i stopped watching after that movie came out with Ivan Ooze. Those were the days of the power rangers. Red, Green, Pink, Black, Blue then later on White. Haha good times
    1Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 1 & 2)
    2 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 2 & 3)
    3 Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers
    4 Power Rangers: Zeo
    5 Power Rangers: Turbo
    6 Power Rangers in Space
    7 Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy
    8 Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue
    9 Power Rangers: Time Force
    10 Power Rangers: Wild Force
    11 Power Rangers: Ninja Storm
    12 Power Rangers: Dino Thunder
    13 Power Rangers: S.P.D.
    14 Power Rangers: Mystic Force
    15 Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive
    16 Power Rangers: Jungle Fury

Yeah, they're pretty much milking Power Rangers for all its worth and that list doesn't even include the movies.

Ps: As a kid, I once went to blockbuster and rented the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie and something weird happened. I put the video in the video tape player (Old style DVD player for young people here) and all of a sudden some weird cell phone ad came on. I assumed that it was just advertising, you know like how they do with DVD's. But as it turned out, it was really just one long cell phone ad. I don't remember much after that other than my mom taking the movie back to the blockbuster.
    Last edited by Darkthunder90; 08-07-2008 at 07:44 AM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP cecil1knight's Avatar
    It will go on and on and on and on and on, etc.
    But here's my BIGGEST pet peeve. So Ash's Pikachu should be (in terms of the video game) like LV 100 by now. So Pika should be able to zap the heck out of any challengers. Yet, even in some more recent episodes, Pikachu has been defeated by wimpy pokemon. So, if that's the case, Why bother training if the first pokemon you ever got never gets stronger after years of training?
    Keep on Rockin' in a Free World!

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cecil1knight View Post
    It will go on and on and on and on and on, etc.
    But here's my BIGGEST pet peeve. So Ash's Pikachu should be (in terms of the video game) like LV 100 by now. So Pika should be able to zap the heck out of any challengers. Yet, even in some more recent episodes, Pikachu has been defeated by wimpy pokemon. So, if that's the case, Why bother training if the first pokemon you ever got never gets stronger after years of training?
    If you solved that question, then you would also know the answer why Sony keeps trying to stop us from using Custom Firmware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast