Thread: Linksys Wireless Range Expander Problem Please helpp!!!

1. #1 Linksys Wireless Range Expander Problem Please helpp!!! 
    konvikt
    hey ppl...here's what happened...

yesterday i went to my friends place..i took my range expander with me..as he told me that he has some weak internet connections..

soo i took it with me and tried to connect over there( just insert the plug into the socket) and it like didnt work over there.. i got a few connections but that like didnt help..

so like when i came back to my house..i tried to connect and now it doesnt show me any good results..only the two leds blink..LINK and ACTIVITY leds but my computer doesnt say connected..WHAT happennd to my range expander please help me!!

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Daxmaurier's Avatar
    kinda sounds like you have to reset your router.... just unplug your modem and router.. wait a few min, plug in your modem, when it comes on plug in the router
    PSP History
    V 2.81 -> Pandora -> 3.71 m33-2 -> 3.90 M33-3

"Maybe... if you spend your life worrying... then the only way that your life will have meaning is if what you fear becomes real."

konvikt
    i did ...like i switched off the router and then the RE ( the router and RE are not in the same room..a bit far)soo i experienced the same thing..it shows leds blinked but no connecting on da comp.. anything els...google dint help me on this

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Daxmaurier's Avatar
    does it work at all without the RE?
    PSP History
    V 2.81 -> Pandora -> 3.71 m33-2 -> 3.90 M33-3

"Maybe... if you spend your life worrying... then the only way that your life will have meaning is if what you fear becomes real."

konvikt
    yaa..it shows me very low or sometimes low and guess what the speed it between 1-5Mbps please help me man.. its really hard man..gets dc..please make it quick bro's...i hope u got it what i ment 2 say at the first place...t was working 100% with me ..now from yesterday wen i was at ma friends place and when i came and tried it..it happend lik this...can you just tell me how to reset the RE..like i can RESeT it to factory settings..plz reply soon
    Last edited by konvikt; 08-08-2008 at 09:02 AM.

konvikt
    i think i did it..i just installed da expander...with da cd i got..now its wrking...but i never thought that the cd was usefull..i thought it was connect and play..lol