Thread: Silent Hill vs. Resident Evil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Silent Hill vs. Resident Evil 
    Member PSP User
    Which games you like more.
    I think I go for Silent Hill.
    I began with plaing silent hill 3 but never manage to defeat the last boss.
    Then I bought Silent Hill 4 but it was not as good as the 3rd. Then I bought SH1 from a friend and managed to complete it. Then I bought SH Origins. It was a bit to easy but very fun. Plaing SH2 now and I think it is one of the best SH games yet (still waiting for "Homecomming"). I haven played as much Resident Evil as I have played Silent hill, but I really like RE4.

Do you know any other games in the "survival horror" genre that can compete with these games please write something about it

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    I really liked RE4 because it was so different from the other games in the series. But i prefer the silent hill series because they're creepier.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker xLostCauzex's Avatar
    Silent Hill is more Creepier, Twisted, Demented and Haunting then Resident Evil. Resident Evil had more action and the Characters are more lovable and recognizable then that of Silent Hill. It really depends on what are your taste. I would say Resident Evil for me because i grew up playing it. From The first to the end.

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    I hate those Zombie games, I never played them before, I might have played Resident Evil at the movie theaters though, that was kind of fun. Or was it Silent Hill....

If you played a game in the arcade at a Movie Theatres, It might have been House Of The Dead.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Draconis's Avatar
    I tried to get into Silent hill but to me it was never as much fun as Resident Evil.
    The first Resident Evil was still creepy enough to make my mom and I jump when we first saw the zombie cut scene.
    Love the controls of RE4 and I'm dying to get ahold of RE5 when it finally debuts.

Member PSP User
    Silent Hill is more of an adventure game aswell, not just go through a level and shoot everything. There are riddles and stuffs like that. Resident evil is more like "shoot everything --> find a key --> go to next room". I know it is a exaggeration, but basicly thats how I experience the games.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Mugen_NeS's Avatar
    Resident Evil. Far more story driven in my opinion. Silent Hill is more over an adventure game. Over all it really depends on the gamers experiences with each title.

Edited by Major

Senior Member I Modded My PSP terinbune's Avatar
    I like Silent Hill's creepy horror as opposed to RE's jump-out-and-scare-you horror. Silent HIll will screw with you. OH as far as other Survival Horror series, a favorite of mine that I wish I still had was Fatal Frame 2. The cutscenes gave me chills.
    -T

Senior Member I Modded My PSP shiv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by terinbune View Post
    I like Silent Hill's creepy horror as opposed to RE's jump-out-and-scare-you horror. Silent HIll will screw with you. OH as far as other Survival Horror series, a favorite of mine that I wish I still had was Fatal Frame 2. The cutscenes gave me chills.
    -T
    I agree with Mr.T here.
    Fatal Frame 2 is by far the scariest game I have ever played (and I live for scary stuff). Very unassuming characters (who are pretty calm given the situation they're in), but I guess the developers decided to leave the freakin out to the players
    The cut scenes were excellent, but the sound really made the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by terinbune View Post
    -T
    agreed, i love games that creep you out condemned was pretty good at that too actually, especially those damn mannequins. The last time i jumped from a resident evil game was in 2 in the hallway where the zombies try and grab you through the window. after that I just went around waiting for it to happen.

Omg i hated that part. It was actually through the barred up door. Shit scared the crap out of me. And resident evil 2 for the N64 Has the best BGM and SFX so the Music and them popping out made me shit myself.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP hayd3r's Avatar
    most people talk about resident evil as a sik game. as a matter of fact it really is a sik game so i say resident evil

YOU CAN DO IT TOO, JUST GOOGLE THROUGH.

firmware history: 3.90--->PANDORA-->3.71m33
    (very simple, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Peeteer View Post
    Silent Hill is more of an adventure game aswell, not just go through a level and shoot everything. There are riddles and stuffs like that. Resident evil is more like "shoot everything --> find a key --> go to next room". I know it is a exaggeration, but basicly thats how I experience the games.
    the RE games had plenty of puzzles and such. don't remember much of nemesis though it might have been different.

i am the biggest resident evil fan ever, my goal is to get the first trilogy on my psp, i had a ds but i sold it because they wouldnt realese any more resident evil games,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast