Thread: For all the vista haters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 For all the vista haters 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Check out this article:
    PC World - When Is Vista not Vista? When It's Mojave!

As i've said many times before, spend time assessing the OS yourself. Dont go into it thinking that its going to suck because then you will find reasons to hate it even if it is much better than you predicted.
    I thought this was a very smart move for MS. Vista got a bad rap becuse it sucked for the first few months, but now it is a stable OS that works very well. Anyway, go ahead and discuss.
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP cecil1knight's Avatar
    my Dad hates Vista, but I think it's just because he's used to XP. I am also used to XP, so won't upgrade to Vista unless I build a new computer.
    Who cares about Microsoft anyway j/k
    Although I do LOVE my Macbook. I need it to animate on for school.

But thanks for the Link, I will show my dad and maybe he can learn more about it
    Keep on Rockin' in a Free World!

Vista is a little tough to just jump right into because its familiar enough to remind you of XP, but different enough to get you all confused.
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Mugen_NeS's Avatar
    Just download Vista books online and everything should be alright. I like Vista. At the very beginning, it suck because it was very buggy and new, which by the way is to be expected. But After a few tweaks and some updates Vista runs circles around XP. Plus Virtual Machine run perfect on Vista. So do some really cool emulators, but overall I have to admit one last fact, it's perfect for modding.

Edited by Major

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    yeah vista even has a automatick defragment program too (sorry if yah don't know wht that is) and plus if you buy a new comp with vist already installed then you got yourself a frekin good comp
    (\/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    I have a couple of new ideas pleeez tell me what you think about them http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-gen...new-ideas.html
    the following are planing on making psp games if you are a psp game developer or is knowlege in teaching psp game making or at least is commited to learning how to make psp games plezz join us;
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/members/master15.html
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/members/volumexxx.html
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/members/bewood.html

It all depends on what type of computer you're running. If you're running a bare bones or a self-built system then vista will make any PC look great. But if you're running a brand name comp outside of Alienware then you're somewhat screwed, but that all depends what type of hardware you get with that brand name.

Edited by Major

Leek
    Quote Originally Posted by Master15 View Post
    yeah vista even has a automatick defragment program too (sorry if yah don't know wht that is) and plus if you buy a new comp with vist already installed then you got yourself a frekin good comp
    Vista isn't bad. It's just a complete and utter disappointment, after waiting 7 years

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada2113 View Post
    Vista is a little tough to just jump right into because its familiar enough to remind you of XP, but different enough to get you all confused.
    I feel the same way for Ubuntu.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Different name, same amount of crappiness.
    I look down on people who do LED mods.
    I love hot glue, if you don't then f*** you.

You didnt read the article at all, huh?
    Very funny....not.

Member PSP User
    You didnt read the article at all, huh?
    clearly he did not.......

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Hercules's Avatar
    I dont hate vista, i just dont think it suits me, i am so used to XP, its like microsoft tried to put too much into it, and it still came out buggy, and the UAC? dont get me started, i know you can turn it off, but its pretty annoying (for notepad, IE, etc.) i will say that the searchbar in the start menu is cool, and aero desktop is cool (even though i cant have it because i have home basic) it uses so much memory and cpu, i believe that a laptop that MEETS the min requirements shouldn't have vista, but if it SURPASSES them, then yeah put vista up there, i hope i make sense because i got lazy when i typed this, lol

Makes sense to me. Although on I for one would not install Vista on a laptop unless it was built for gaming like the XPS, but that's just me.

Edited by Major

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker drew00629's Avatar
    Check out this article:

As i've said many times before, spend time assessing the OS yourself.
    I had no preconceived notion before i tried vista. I read no magazine about it, i read no articles on it. I went in to it with a completely fresh attitude. I hate it
    I thought this was a very smart move for MS. Vista got a bad rap becuse it sucked for the first few months, but now it is a stable OS that works very well. Anyway, go ahead and discuss.
    I very much disagree with it being stable. I have a pc thats two months old, and yesterday i got the 'windows has stopped responding, what would you like to do?' 'wait for program to respond' 'end program'. you wait.. nothing happens, you must restart your computer.
    Being said, i do enjoy some things about vista compared to xp. i like the automatic driver install.. thats fantastic. I like the looks of vista much more then xp. but performance wise, xp tears vista apart.

I've ran vista ultimate on a 1.8ghz P4 with 768mb ram and it was pretty solid. I think i had one issue when i was running photoshop, firefox 2, and converting music at the same time, but other than that it was great.
    I just love to show people that 90% of computer users are sheep that hate vista becuase thats what everyone else does. 9% actually like it because they've spent the time to learn that they arent using xp anymore, and 1% actually dont like it for various reasons.
    Keep in mind that, when our beloved XP was released it was welcomed just like Vista. Everyone hated it. It was soooo much slower than win 2k... All it had was a pretty gui... it crashed all the time...
    Now we all love it and dont want to give it up.

For those who like to bash UAC:
    This isnt an uncommon practice for OS's. Any *nix based os (pretty much anything that isnt windows) promts you for a password when you want to do alot of mundane tasks. Linux wants your password every time you install a program. OsX wants my password every time i need to move a file that is in the System folder. Windows only asks for an extra click, any other OS wants you to type out your whole password which means you have to stop using your mouse, switch to keyboard, switch back. In vista it is just one more click.
    Very funny....not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast