Thread: Leipzig: PSP 3000 officially announced *Update* details, bundles for North America

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Leipzig: PSP 3000 officially announced *Update* details, bundles for North America 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker the begginer's Avatar

The event currently going down at Leipzig is now officially more exciting than E3. Taking the ace out of its sleeve, Sony has just officially announced the PSP 3000 at their press conference. Speculate no more folks, here's the skinny.

According to David Reeves, the PSP 3000 will have its own built-in microphone, and has an enhanced LCD screen that will “increase intensity and the number of colours that can be displayed – and is easier to view in natural light."

That's a pic of it up there. The unit will launch on October 15 in PAL territories, tagged at EUR 199 (US$ 292).

* Article originally posted Aug 20, 2008 at 08:50AM

PSP Entertainment Pack bundle - Image 1

*Update* We now also got word from the US Sony blogs that the PSP-3000 is also coming to North America as part of the Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters PSP Entertainment Pack bundle. They've also now announced a PSP 4GB Memory Entertainment Pack which includes a 4GB memstick PRO Duo.

The Entertainment Packs with the updated PSP-3000 will be retailed for the same standard price of US$ 199.99. And later on this year, Sony will be releasing the PSP-3000 Core Pack, which will also keep its regular price of US$ 169.99.
    credits go to QJ.NET - QuickJump Home - PlayStation Portable News - PSP Updates
    what you think a pandora proof and way sucky psp just with a freakin built in mic and better screen wow how about specs sony??
    IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT BOTH PSP PHAT OR SLIM PM ME.

KmR
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker KmR's Avatar
    That's a pic of it up there. The unit will launch on October 15 in PAL territories, tagged at EUR 199 (US$ 292).
    The Entertainment Packs with the updated PSP-3000 will be retailed for the same standard price of US$ 199.99. And later on this year, Sony will be releasing the PSP-3000 Core Pack, which will also keep its regular price of US$ 169.99.
    Um...what?
    Google.com - Man's best friend.
    Prizerebel.com - Free shit. It works. Received $183.864 worth of prizes so far.

I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    kmr, if you cant wait for it you can get it shipped from Europe and pay $299.99 plus the shipping, or you can wait for it to hit north america for $169.99, still no hard drive though, so its not really worth it if you already have one.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Switchblades's Avatar
    Not going to buy this, a built in microphone and a higher light intensity? What kind of a difference is that Sony?

Modder Of The Dark Arts PSP Elite Hacker R()H@X's Avatar
    why buy it for that when you could just custom your psp with those features as is =P

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Klause's Avatar
    They're saying this is Pandora Proof?
    Quote Originally Posted by rebal_23 View Post
    does anyone know of any games that dont need a custom firmware
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Klause View Post
    They're saying this is Pandora Proof?
    I don't think they said anything about it being pandora proof. It would be a bad marketing direction if it was pandora proof.

well i heard it is going to be look at the new psp slim blue cant be hacked yet if it turns, out to be pandora proof it would suck i hope it has better specs, like 666mhz and 512mb ram lol.

Quote Originally Posted by the begginer View Post
    512mb ram lol.
    That would kill HP's target market. Fuck buying a computer, buy a compact gaming system for $200 and make it do your office work.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker drew00629's Avatar
    dumb.. they left out everything users have been wanting
    more ram
    bluetooth
    dual nubs

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblades View Post
    That would kill HP's target market. Fuck buying a computer, buy a compact gaming system for $200 and make it do your office work.
    Well kind of exaggerated there but its true they need to focus on the specs, seariously i want a psp that can run by most a gamecube or even sega dreamcast.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker iedwardsIII's Avatar
    What bullshit. Jesus christ Sony is really starting to piss me off. I love Sony and always will, even though I've been trying to get help from the Sony Help Line for weeks and it fucking sucks but this is such bullshit.
    Firmware History:
    fat: OFW up to 3.30 - Lumines - 3.40 OE-A - 3.71 M33 - 3.80 M33 - 3.80 M33-5 - Stolen
    slim: OFW 3.60 - 3.60 M33 - 3.80 M33 - 3.80 M33-4 - 3.90 M33 - 3.90 M33-3 - Broke - 4.01 M33-2 - BRICKED - 5.00 M33-6

Important Links:
    OFW --> CFW Guide
    PSP Official Firmware Eboots
    PSP Battery Service Tool
    PSP Faceplates, Backplates, etc.
    What Everyone on this Site is

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    That New PSP looks fucking sexy though, I might tap that .

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Karufah's Avatar
    looks good but still is bullshit ...
    Firmware History:
    PSP Phat -> sold
    PSP Slim Ice Silver -> next week

Forum Rules

" I run shit here, you just live here "

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker iedwardsIII's Avatar
    It looks like they changed something cosmetic though. I can't put my finger on it but it looks plenty different in terms of looks compared to PSP-2000.

EDIT: Just put my finger on it. I have an imported red chrome faceplate and every picture I've seen of the new PSP is matte. Ohhhh, now I'm jealous. Just a little though. My psp just got an extra burst of sexiness with the organ theme.
    Last edited by iedwardsIII; 08-21-2008 at 05:05 AM.
    Firmware History:
    fat: OFW up to 3.30 - Lumines - 3.40 OE-A - 3.71 M33 - 3.80 M33 - 3.80 M33-5 - Stolen
    slim: OFW 3.60 - 3.60 M33 - 3.80 M33 - 3.80 M33-4 - 3.90 M33 - 3.90 M33-3 - Broke - 4.01 M33-2 - BRICKED - 5.00 M33-6

Important Links:
    OFW --> CFW Guide
    PSP Official Firmware Eboots
    PSP Battery Service Tool
    PSP Faceplates, Backplates, etc.
    What Everyone on this Site is

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast