Thread: Why does my voice get rough when i'm nervous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Why does my voice get rough when i'm nervous 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Hey pspmod community people hows, it going first of all have a little question for you all this time it's not about the psp its about me. So here is the question "why does my voice get rough when i'm nervous?" and also why is my voice so deep i am only at the age of 16 its weird is there any way to prevent this?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker the begginer's Avatar
    well i guess it's puberty man?
    IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT BOTH PSP PHAT OR SLIM PM ME.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    Well when your mood changes, your brain can change the way your vocal cords work/sound. Like on movies when their voice cracks / stuttered when they are nervious, you just happen to get a raspy voice instead.

As well as you being 16 and your voice is deep, that's a good thing, your voice should be deep by 16. Unless it's unbelievably deep, like a robot or a black man, well it's normal. My voice got deep when I was 14, and I mean like.. man deep, so it's not unusual.

As the begginer said, it's called puberty, even if you "hit" puberty at 12 (or later/earlier) it doesn't necessarily finish until up to 19 years old sometimes.

Just be happy your voice is deep, girls don't like guys with high pitched voices.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker The_Mechanix's Avatar
    not true girls dont care what your voice is like, as long as it is not like talking with helium youll be fine.

Google is your friend
    INTERGALACTIC PROTON POWERED ELECTRICAL TENTACLED ADVERTISING DROIDS
    psp halo constantly updated
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...-psp-halo.html

my theme
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...rst-theme.html

awesome dog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daPcCfhE_JQ&NR=1

Opened a new DIY Store! Cheap!

------------>www.diydevices.com<------------

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker d[^_^]b_psp's Avatar
    BECAUSE YOU TOUCH YOURSELF AT NIGHT! lmfao sorry man just had to say it

http://www.freewebs.com/andro2usa/
    HELP ANDROMEDA COME TO THE US of A
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    I fart when I get nervous
    I look down on people who do LED mods.
    I love hot glue, if you don't then f*** you.

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    I usually sweat when I'm nervous or start shaking a little and my face turns pale. Yet people still can't really tell when I'm nervous or not.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    People can smell it with me.
    I look down on people who do LED mods.
    I love hot glue, if you don't then f*** you.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    Your voice gets rough when you're nervous because it becomes harder to speak. See when you're nervous, you mind can't think straight and it becomes more stressful when you try to speak. For example, if one had a fear of public speaking, you would be able to see it because they begin to speak in fragmented sentences and at an unusually high or low tone. However, when they are talking to friends their voice returns.

This will stick with you your entire life until you get over whatever makes you nervous. There is a possiblity that it is puberty, but its not likely.

I'm speaking from exerience of course since I don't have a degree in the subject. For me though, when I get nervous, I wasn't able to play my viola very well at concerts due to the crowd. Luckily, I got over that fear and now the problem is gone.

not true girls dont care what your voice is like, as long as it is not like talking with helium youll be fine.
    Actually if your talking to girls via phone and you are 15 with a deep voice which makes you seem like your 18, girls perfer it more than a person with a normal voice. I know this because it also happened to me.

BECAUSE YOU TOUCH YOURSELF AT NIGHT!
    That is still a strong possibility.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP itzzspencer's Avatar
    to prevent it... cut your testicles off to stop the production of testosterone... i think

anyway i learned to stop being nervous by joining a club that involved leadership. try to take a officer position at your school of a club. every since i became a club officer, i have the will power to go up and talk to anyone
    Last edited by itzzspencer; 08-28-2008 at 04:44 AM.

FW history: 3.95 -> 3.71 m33 -> 3.80 m33 -> 3.90M33-4 -> 4.01M33-2

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthunder90 View Post
    Your voice gets rough when you're nervous because it becomes harder to speak. See when you're nervous, you mind can't think straight and it becomes more stressful when you try to speak. For example, if one had a fear of public speaking, you would be able to see it because they begin to speak in fragmented sentences and at an unusually high or low tone. However, when they are talking to friends their voice returns.

This will stick with you your entire life until you get over whatever makes you nervous. There is a possiblity that it is puberty, but its not likely.
    that is what happens man when i talk to a friend i can talk no problem but when it comes, to like people i don't know thats when it happens, my voice gets rough. Well sometimes it's hard for me to speak without like crashing meaning messing up my sentence i wonder what it is?

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chivas11 View Post
    that is what happens man when i talk to a friend i can talk no problem but when it comes, to like people i don't know thats when it happens, my voice gets rough. Well sometimes it's hard for me to speak without like crashing meaning messing up my sentence i wonder what it is?
    The reason why you mess up your sentences is because you are literally thinking too hard. When it comes to friends, your mind already knows who they are, what they like, and so on. However, when it comes to meeting new people your mind begins working very hard. The reason is because you are trying to think of something that may be interesting to this new person, but unfortunatly you don't know the person which causes a rotating problem. Ex. "In order to get a job you need experience, in order to get experience you need job." That is why, you must start out new conversations with actual opening conversations such as, what do you like to do, what are your classes, and how they are doing. Once your mind gets a picture of what the person is like, you'll no longer have any problem speaking to them. Don't try to rush it though, the first day should really just be introductions.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I stare at peoples feet when i get nervous.

You should make fun of their voice in your head, it helps me. Even if it isnt funny, just make stuff up of how stupid their voice sounds...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

cheezus19946
    Well im guessing that when you mean your voice gets rough i think you mean that your throat dries up? Well i found the answer ina funny book of mine....The book is called "Why Don't Penguins' Feet Freeze?". Quoting the book " You get a dry mouth during public speaking because when you are nervous the body is set into the "fight or flight" state. This is caused by an activation of the autonomic nervous system. It is seen throughout the animal kingdom, and has evolved to help the animal deal with dangerous situations-when escaping from predators, for example.
    The nerves are selectively activated, depending on how important they are for the response. Because eating is not considered to be important at this time -you want to get the hell out of the place-the nerves in your mouth that dries up. In addition, your pupils dilate, and the blood vessels to your muscles and heart are enlarged in order to get the blood to the most important organs needed for whatever drastic action is necessary."

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezus19946 View Post
    Well im guessing that when you mean your voice gets rough i think you mean that your throat dries up? Well i found the answer ina funny book of mine....The book is called "Why Don't Penguins' Feet Freeze?". Quoting the book " You get a dry mouth during public speaking because when you are nervous the body is set into the "fight or flight" state. This is caused by an activation of the autonomic nervous system. It is seen throughout the animal kingdom, and has evolved to help the animal deal with dangerous situations-when escaping from predators, for example.
    The nerves are selectively activated, depending on how important they are for the response. Because eating is not considered to be important at this time -you want to get the hell out of the place-the nerves in your mouth that dries up. In addition, your pupils dilate, and the blood vessels to your muscles and heart are enlarged in order to get the blood to the most important organs needed for whatever drastic action is necessary."
    Yeah exactly it dries my throat making my voice really deep and hard to talk i don't know why this happens, any suggestions, like drinking water before talking or what?

I notice like when it comes to talking in public i get really nervous and my heart starts to beat really fast, and my throat dries up really fast and its hard to not get nervous i wish i could find a way to stop this so i can talk normally again?
    Last edited by chivas11; 08-29-2008 at 03:37 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast