Thread: WHy Are People Hating On Noobs so much!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1 WHy Are People Hating On Noobs so much!!! 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP vash121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    307
    come on now people im sick and tired of all the Friggin Noob Hating See this forum was made to help people and 2 make a fun loving community. with all u Haters out there this is making this place less desirable. think about it we were all noobs at one point we all needed help/ we all did not know what the HELL a Search button was or how 2 use it. see listen noobs ask questions they want answers from people. some people have 2 have the questions answer directly 2 them. foe example i have sum kind of mental disorder where big words confuse me and make me black out. now will u get mad if i say explain the gta Emu in small words maybe i did not understand. another thing that Friggin Pisses me off is how people say''Ihate noobs''' or ''Noobs just take up space read the stickys fuckin noobs'' well listen IF U FUCKIN HATE NOOBS SO MUCH WHY DO U RESPOND 2 THEIR QUESTIONS. so in reverse noob haters are actually the dumbasses. just Ignore their damn post let a GOOD person answr their FUCKIN QUESTION so plz can we plz get some kinda peace in this forum. the reason y in doin this because my baby bro got on this site and asked a couple of questions some asshole friggen yelled at him called him a noob and a dumbass. well GUES WHAT ASSHOLE THAT SAIDTHIS 2 MY BRO HES FUCKIN 9 NINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok now that im done ranting plz can i get some positive feedback 2 help this little problem
    This is your brain o this is your brain on crack O
    this is your butthole O this is your butthole in jail 0

    moral is dont steal snickers from a gas station
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,204
    I agree that it is generally a good idea to ignore comments instead of flaming. I think the reason noobs get bashed and ripped on is that alot of the members here dedicate alot of their time to this site. We help when we can, we keep an eye out for the latest information and share it with the other members, we (mods/MITs) clean out the garbage and illegal content and move things around to the appropriate sections, and all of this we do with no reward except the occational thank you reply. After putting in all this time and effort, it gets old reading the same question over and over and over. Its starts to annoy you. It makes you not want to try and make this a worth while site because these noobs join up and act like we owe it to the to them to answer their every question. Well if the info is here and the noob is just to lazy to search or doesn't know about the search, spoon feeding that person is not going to help. In fact it will just encourage them to keep posting questions that have already been answered because it worked for them the first time. If their questions don't get answered and they have to resort to searching and reading the stickies then they have just learned how to help themselves and are better for it. Like the old saying, "Give some one a fish and feed them for a day, teach someone how to fish and you feed them for a life time"... same concept, give a noob an answer thats already here and you help them til they have another question, point them to the stickies and the search and you teach them how to answer their own questions. </rant>
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

    Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP MrPotatoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    122
    there is no need to be a dick for every single post someone makes when they are under 20 posts.

    and flaming gets you nowhere. it's jeuvienille (yea i know i can't spell but whatever) and lame. it's why i try not to read many people's posts because of crap like that.

    as for the members dedicating alot of thier time to the site well then i call shinannegans. why? cuz there aren't alot of posts here at all times of the day. and the people that i do see 'helping' just say fuck off n00b or some shit like that. it's completely unnessessary. the other forums that i frequent there are many moderators that con obviously be trusted, and there are other people taht respect the forums and the people there, a bonding if you will, and make sure that people stay in line. those other forums have a list of things you cannot say or do and i hink that is vital to every forum. there are people there that are admins and moderators but only moderators of certain forums within the whole hierarchy of the forums and they seem to do a decent job of pruning, helping and generally NOT being assholes. and trust me, they dedicate more time than most people do on thier own spare projects at home.

    i'm a part of many forums in which i posts too much on every day all day. the only times there is any bickering is during a debate or when someone else is flaming. the everyone gangs up on one person. which is awesome because flaming anything or anyone just brings the whole aurora of the site. bad karma generates bad karma. keep it off the board. that is unless you like having 12 year olds spam your site and flame and act like fools throughout.

    personally on my forums i never allowed any of the crap that goes on in here. i have deleted posts, edited posts and threads because of shit like this. like i said about the karma i don't what that infesting the whole site. people start to think that they can get away with things of that nature and it just gets out of hand

    also, lets work on a little grammer and use paragraphs guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,204
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPotatoes
    also, lets work on a little grammer and use paragraphs guys
    OK, if you work on proper capitalization

    Just messing around man. I totally agree with not being an asshole. I try to post a link when a new member asks their first obvious question and tell them how I got the link. In other words, if I used the search button I will tell them the phrase I used in the search. If it happens again from the same user, I will just tell them to search and that the info is already posted on this site. After the second time, its open season.

    By the way, I read you were a programmer in another post Mr. Tator... what industry do you code for? I am a software developer for a hospital management software company.
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

    Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP MrPotatoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    122
    i refuse to capitalize

    i was a game programmer for EA for a VERY short stint and i couldn't take it at all. the way that they treat people here sucks. i worked at another game company down here doing junior level programming tools and shit.

    now i'm trying to get another junior level position but this time permanant at this company that works for the military. all object orientated programming for linux based embeded machines. if i get this i'm set cuz everything else was either temproary or sontract to hire. you don't get shit working like that. no experiance and no learning
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker BLACKOUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,917
    just updated my sig because of this. thanks, never realised that people hated it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,039
    I'm just so sick and tired of newbs that I don't even go into those parts of the fourms much anymore. I figured out all my info from pspupdates.com and Google. I shared my knowledge for a while, but I'm tired of seeing the same shit over and over again.

    So, I basically stay in the anything goes, debate, and all about games sections. Its less hassle, and besides...I almost always win a debate. Muhahahahahhaha, well ok. Maybe they aren't really debates, just me pointing out the faults in people's logic. Tomato, tomawto
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker TZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPotatoes
    i refuse to capitalize

    i was a game programmer for EA for a VERY short stint and i couldn't take it at all. the way that they treat people here sucks. i worked at another game company down here doing junior level programming tools and shit.

    now i'm trying to get another junior level position but this time permanant at this company that works for the military. all object orientated programming for linux based embeded machines. if i get this i'm set cuz everything else was either temproary or sontract to hire. you don't get shit working like that. no experiance and no learning
    You say you were a programmer at EA where, down here where ? I'm curious, cause guess what I live in California and I know where EA is and have friends who work there, so I'm curious where EA is for you and what division of EA you worked in... Please do tell


    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    jsh
    jsh is offline
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker jsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    933
    as for the members dedicating alot of thier time to the site well then i call shinannegans.
    well sir my reason for not being so active and giving more to the community is because im too busy locking down every single thread started that has either things that has been asked before or are just plain stupid. if we had more interesting threads and a ongoing debate/discussion about all these things i'd be here 24/7 but thats not the case, especially since the new exploits and the "lack" of an active admin. no disrespect admin we know you have reasons. right now the forums are a bit unorganized but that will hopefully change soon.

    there are people there that are admins and moderators but only moderators of certain forums within the whole hierarchy of the forums and they seem to do a decent job of pruning, helping and generally NOT being assholes.
    that is again because of the restrictions that the current mods have here, we dont have anyone right now that can redirect power where its needed and such so its basically me doing all the work so thats why im so fucken pissed of all of the time. again we will hopefully see a change in the forums and together we can make it work. its not easy with these restraints to be active and helpful.

    btw i second the refusing of capitalization
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker jrmdb3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,079
    First off...WELCOME TZONE!!where ya been man?haha

    Quote Originally Posted by drizzle
    I agree that it is generally a good idea to ignore comments instead of flaming. I think the reason noobs get bashed and ripped on is that alot of the members here dedicate alot of their time to this site. We help when we can, we keep an eye out for the latest information and share it with the other members, we (mods/MITs) clean out the garbage and illegal content and move things around to the appropriate sections, and all of this we do with no reward except the occational thank you reply. After putting in all this time and effort, it gets old reading the same question over and over and over. Its starts to annoy you. It makes you not want to try and make this a worth while site because these noobs join up and act like we owe it to the to them to answer their every question. Well if the info is here and the noob is just to lazy to search or doesn't know about the search, spoon feeding that person is not going to help. In fact it will just encourage them to keep posting questions that have already been answered because it worked for them the first time. If their questions don't get answered and they have to resort to searching and reading the stickies then they have just learned how to help themselves and are better for it. Like the old saying, "Give some one a fish and feed them for a day, teach someone how to fish and you feed them for a life time"... same concept, give a noob an answer thats already here and you help them til they have another question, point them to the stickies and the search and you teach them how to answer their own questions. </rant>
    couldn't have said it better myself

    You see guys, D Rizzle is exactly right. We are dediacted so much to this site..like I'm sure most all Mods/Mits visit the forums, clean spam,worhtless psots, etc AND they keep everything organized. We put a lot of time into the forums. And as D Rizzle said, we just get tired and tired of seeing the same exact questions. That's what stickeys are for, and apparently the "newcommers" dont use them. That why Most of the time I a)answer the question(s) before I lock the thread b) tell them to read the stickeys and then lock it. But I do agree with all the "noob" calling. I think that should just stop. And aslo all this worthless posts im seeing. EX:"hey guys im new here, Where can I get some cool stuff for my psp?"..someone answers "USE GOOGLE NEWB!"..another person replies "OHH HE GOT SERVED!!"...I mean comeon.....after someone replies to an answer, Don't reply back unless you have something else to add or say something. It's just pointless crap that lead to off-topic subjects.
    Well I'm making this a little long..hope you understand my point of view.
    Let's hope it just pulls through like the way we want it

    -Jrmdb3

    Your fellow PSPMod.com Super Moderator. -Jrmdb3
    "Live life to the fullest"
    GAMERTAG: Jrmdb3
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP vash121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    307
    U know what ive got one of many perfect ways 2 solve this. say a noob asks a question thats been answered many times heres what u do this is for those people that like 2 flame on people, breath type their answer 2 the question then just say like next time use the search button. or hell sumone could make a sig that says try search before u post or sumthin
    This is your brain o this is your brain on crack O
    this is your butthole O this is your butthole in jail 0

    moral is dont steal snickers from a gas station
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,204
    Quote Originally Posted by vash121
    or hell sumone could make a sig that says try search before u post or sumthin
    Ouhhhh... I have one of those, lol.
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

    Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stinkypitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    691
    or we can devote an entire section of this site to noob questions, so they dont flood the other sections.

    ^drizzle = jesus of photoshop
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP vash121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    307
    here is a great example can some 1 give me kl wallpapers for ma psp

    this guy gotpsp is Friggin yellin at this guy just cause he asked a question. there are many many explanations why the guy could or could not google his question he just wanted help also in that link theres a guy that his sig says read other post and search or get flamed. see thats good hes giving u kinda a warning in a sorta polite way theres no FUCK NOOBS or FUCKING NOOBS SHOULD DIE u know stupis shit lie that. and yes that is an amazing idea 2 have a forum excpecially made for noobs so if u dont like nobs then STAY THE FUCK AWAY!!!!!!
    This is your brain o this is your brain on crack O
    this is your butthole O this is your butthole in jail 0

    moral is dont steal snickers from a gas station
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP MrPotatoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by TZone
    You say you were a programmer at EA where, down here where ? I'm curious, cause guess what I live in California and I know where EA is and have friends who work there, so I'm curious where EA is for you and what division of EA you worked in... Please do tell
    here at Tiberon in orlando. i live about a half hour from that place. i hated it there. worked for about 3months and i didn't like it. the stress what worse than anything that i've ever encountered. and yeah, i've made a few games in months instead of years. *ugh*. it's all good tho. i didn't use them as a referance.

    on thtat note i worked with a physco jackass that was my 'boss' during school once and he bullshitted his way into a desiger position. i'm guessing entry or junior level but still. doesn't say too much about thier hiring practices lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by jsh
    well sir my reason for not being so active and giving more to the community is because im too busy locking down every single thread started that has either things that has been asked before or are just plain stupid. if we had more interesting threads and a ongoing debate/discussion about all these things i'd be here 24/7 but thats not the case, especially since the new exploits and the "lack" of an active admin. no disrespect admin we know you have reasons. right now the forums are a bit unorganized but that will hopefully change soon.

    that is again because of the restrictions that the current mods have here, we dont have anyone right now that can redirect power where its needed and such so its basically me doing all the work so thats why im so fucken pissed of all of the time. again we will hopefully see a change in the forums and together we can make it work. its not easy with these restraints to be active and helpful.

    btw i second the refusing of capitalization
    thumbs up on the caps.

    if anything have some extra people that hang out here enough to be sheriffs lol. level headed people that can mod in certain places
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hating work....
    By xillianix in forum Off-Topic Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 06:08 PM
  2. Too many noobs
    By Leek in forum Sites Issues and Suggestions
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 07:39 PM
  3. F'n Noobs
    By Tristan@SCP in forum PSP Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 08:28 PM
  4. Help plz For all the Noobs Like Me out there!
    By techy69 in forum PSP Software, Firmware & Plugins
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 10:37 AM
  5. For The Noobs
    By BobMarleyRasta in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •