Thread: I hate Eb and Gamestop :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 I hate Eb and Gamestop :D 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Switchblades's Avatar
    I've been waiting for an extremely long time to rant about these two fag pawn companies; and now I finally have a legitimate reason to rant about these two.

Before I begin this rant I'd just like to thank the thief who stole my consoles, you gave me a reason to rant about these two. Although I still hate you shitloads, thank you.

Refer to: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...54-stolen.html for the prologue.

I had all of my consoles stolen recently and have winded up having nothing to do. Turning back to my PC for some CS 1.6 action I found out that hours and hours a day of CS puts a huge strain on your nerves. So, taking a break from my lavish days of CS, CS, and more CS I've decided to go out and buy my consoles again.

My first stop was to shop at a trusted retailer like Futureshop, Superstore, Wal-Mart (Limit budget 2.3 grand, don't laugh at me), and other trusted stores. I decided to head to Futureshop first seeing I have contacts there who can get me employee discounts. I stopped there to find that a
    PlayStation 3 80GB New roughly foes for $399CDN + tax. Fair price, with a little employee discount it drops down to about $320CDN. Fair price, very fair price.

I convinced myself there were better sources for prices over the horizon and decided to go look for myself. My first stop was at GameSpot. You know gamespot, those jerks that landed on a pile of money? I took a bus over to my closest one which just conveniently is placed an hour away from my house. Add on the stops of the bus and you're looking at a good 1:45 on a bus. When I arrive I ask for the prices of their PS3s and they tell me 3 things: Our PS3 refurnished (which anyone knows refurnished means someone used the PS3 as a stool and then sold it to GameStop which then had it "fixed") retails at $450CDN. ------------- wait, wait, wait. FOUR HUNDRED FIFTY COCKING DOLLARS? I could easily get the exact same thing but not bullshit in Futureshop for $320. The second thing they told me was that their 60 gig PS3 for $430. Now, Futureshop doesn't sell 60 gigs but it's even more expensive than their 80 gig new? Is it just me or is GameStop making money on some other planet because this isn't fucking possible here on earth.

I decide not to buy the PS3 from GameStop and move on to Eb who I find to be a semi more trustworthy source than GameStop. I stop by the store and ask for the price of their PS3 80 gig: They tell me that they sell their refurbished one as the same one from GameStop so it also sells for $450. That's be expected, I looked this up online. What I find weird is I expect their website to be completely accurate. On their website it says that they have a 80 gig for sale as the same price as Futureshop's and it's NEW. I ask myself: How the hell can anyone make money off selling NEW Products for less than USED products? I find out how: I ask them about it and if they have it in stock and this guy actually has the nerve to lie to me, an avid Eb shopper: "We're sorry sir but the New consoles are only for MEMBERS?". If you don't know what a Member is, it's basically someone who has pained an annual fee to join in Eb's little "family". I think the price is around $15~$20 and the perks it gives it absolute bullshit so I won't go into that. Now, I know that this item is not only for members so I disregard him and leave the store. In the mall 20 minutes away I find the Eb games that's there and ask them for the PS3 80 gig New. The clerk tells me: "We're sorry sir but we're out of stock." THIS IS ABSOLUTELY BULLSHIT BECAUSE I CAN PHYSICALLY SEE AN 80 GIG BEHIND THE COUNTER THAT SAYS: $399. I don't have the guts to ask this guy about the PS3 behind the counter so I move on to a girl clerk and ask her about the 80 gig. She grabs one from behind the counter and puts it on the scanner and scans it. Now, I expect this to be around $445~$465 but no, instead she actually says to me: "Total with tax comes to $515." Falsely advertised on the website...

Let me sum up what just happened a little while ago: I just got 3 different answers from 3 different stores.

1) The PS3 New is only available to members of the Eb family.
    2) The 80 gig New is currently not in stock when I can clearly ese it.
    3) The 80 gig new is in fact in stock and sells for a price of $515

Right about now, my brain is about to blow up so I'm just going to get this rant over with:

FUCK YOU EB GAMES AND GAMESTOP.

For all those who are wondering: I bought my new PS3 from Futureshop and paid a total of $356.39 with my buddy's discount.
    Last edited by Switchblades; 09-09-2008 at 01:13 AM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP TheExtra's Avatar
    Wow wtf is up with that crap man...
    Glad to see that you atleast got your ps3 at a nice decent price and not that bs from the other shops lols.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Draconis's Avatar
    Sorry to say I found amusement in your rant as I've experienced much worse customer service/sales and do not feel compelled to complain about it.

By the way if you didn't know already Eb games formally know as electronics boutique was bought about by gamestop some time ago. If you've been to both websites you'll see they are identical.
    So as far as dedicated video game sales Gamestop is very close to a monopoly.
    Fortunately for me I have several re-sellers that buy,sell,trade the same systems and games at much better prices.

There's one particular guy still working at an EB that I'd like to slap the shit outta of, but the doesn't make me boycott the entire franchise as another guy with the same name as me has given me very good service and plenty of freebies.

But still I would seem I'm in a much better position.
    There are at least 13 gamestops/ebgames within 30 minutes of my home and 3 re-sellers I pass every week.

That's all I've got to say about that. Still if you feel that strongly about
    it I would seek the highest offical in the company you could, GM, RM hell find some corporate numbers and tell them how their employees are losing them money and you'll make sure your friends tell theirs friends to discontinue shopping with them.

Member PSP User
    Apparently this man feels the same way.

YouTube - 02 - Zero Originality Episode 1 -- Continued

Quote Originally Posted by mf29 View Post
    Apparently this man feels the same way.

YouTube - 02 - Zero Originality Episode 1 -- Continued
    Isn't that just a Zero punctuation clone?

Junior Member PSP User
    Yeah, I don't buy systems from them, I buy new from Bestbuy or something around my house...I know enough people to find a discount like you did Only time I go to those jerks is to unload faulty games with no refund...lol...COD4 was scratched beyond repair...Gamestop paid me $40...hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by Draconis View Post
    Sorry to say I found amusement in your rant as I've experienced much worse customer service/sales and do not feel compelled to complain about it.

By the way if you didn't know already Eb games formally know as electronics boutique was bought about by gamestop some time ago. If you've been to both websites you'll see they are identical.
    So as far as dedicated video game sales Gamestop is very close to a monopoly.
    Fortunately for me I have several re-sellers that buy,sell,trade the same systems and games at much better prices.

There's one particular guy still working at an EB that I'd like to slap the shit outta of, but the doesn't make me boycott the entire franchise as another guy with the same name as me has given me very good service and plenty of freebies.

But still I would seem I'm in a much better position.
    There are at least 13 gamestops/ebgames within 30 minutes of my home and 3 re-sellers I pass every week.

That's all I've got to say about that. Still if you feel that strongly about
    it I would seek the highest offical in the company you could, GM, RM hell find some corporate numbers and tell them how their employees are losing them money and you'll make sure your friends tell theirs friends to discontinue shopping with them.
    But... I've been getting bad service from them for years now.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    Dude someone up above really hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianbacon View Post
    Dude someone up above really hates you.
    The man up stairs is not capable of hate.

♥ man ass PSP Elite Hacker carp's Avatar
    print up the paper and demand u pay the price they advertise as.
    thats false advertisement.
    dont take no for an answer.
    especially from some nerdy fucks who work at a minimum wage job.
    fuck them.
    fuck their lies.
    if that shit says $399.
    u pay $399.
    be advised that the $399 80gb ps3 is not back compatable.

Gamestop.com - Buy Sony PlayStation 3 (80 Gig) - Playstation 3
    I'm a fag.

I think Eb and GameStop employees also get commission. I do the same thing from time to time at Staples where I work lol.

♥ man ass PSP Elite Hacker carp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchblades View Post
    I think Eb and GameStop employees also get commission. I do the same thing from time to time at Staples where I work lol.
    fuck their commission.
    they dont get shit.
    fuck them.
    demand u pay $399.
    or get their manager.
    that always pisses them off.
    if u ever have a problem, u ask for the manager.
    and half the time he doesnt want to hear about ur shit.
    so u get ur way.
    I'm a fag.

No need to be so angry man, I already got my PS3. I might go tomorrow morning and complain to the district manager but I don't set out on getting anyone fired.

Junior Member PSP User
    Hey...if you think you can get some games/accessories from the deal, without someone gettin the can, I say more power to you. If they cant do the job right, there loss.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    I too have some interesting short stories about my trip to gamestop and gamecrazy.

Story 1 Gamestop- I preordered a game at Gamestop. The game was Monster Hunter for the PSP. I walk in the the next day after its released expecting to get my game, but he sold it the day before. I was going to be pissed and he knew it so he offered me a reasonable discount to drive to another Gamestop which made it worthwhile. Turns out, he sold the last copy to my friend.

Story 2 Gamestop- I went in there with a friend of mine who was looking to buy a game. We looked around the store at all the games before I heard the cashier talking about some game for the xbox 360. So I decided to ask him a question about how the ps3 was going to have the same game and what was the difference. Bad idea is all I really have to say. He looked at me as if I insulted his mother, father, sister, and handicapped little brother named Timmy. He then proceeded to tell me how he "knew" that the xbox 360 was way better than the ps3. For the rest of the time in the store, he just kind of muttered under his breath things like "pfff, Ps3 being as good as a 360" He's just lucky that I wasn't buying anything because I would've brought all these games to the cashier, like fifty, said I was going to buy them, and then after he totals the price, I would've said that I didn't have enough money and would've watched as he had to put all the games back.

Story 3 Gamecrazy- I've never really had a problem with Gamecrazy, but usually they're sold out of games. Anyways, one day they had a Super Smash Bros Melee tourny. I saw one of these kids in my orchestra class wearing a concert appropriate attire to a SSBM tourny. I could not stop looking at him funny. When I asked him about it, he just said that he wanted to look professional. Hahaha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast