Thread: YouTube MP4 on PSP

1. #1 YouTube MP4 on PSP 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Switchblades's Avatar
    As I'm sure everyone knows about the &fmt=18 trick at the end of your URL to put your video into "high quality". When you download these videos with a Firefox add-on it downloads into MP4 format. Cutting the file directly into the PSP > Video folder doesn't do anything.

Any ideas?

Bumptastic

Bumptacular

Bump for justice

Mp4 format via youtube and then put it on my PSP.

Member PSP User
    Huh i think u can do that on vixy.net
    [CENTER]

I'll give it a shot.

Member PSP User
    vixy.net doesnt work as good as everyone say it does....... even doh i have no other choice but to use vixy, the problem wit vixy is that after u download it u put it in your psp but sometimes it become a corrupted data....... ={

Senior Member I Modded My PSP xX killer Xx's Avatar
    try zamzar.com

ElateSword
    PSPube™ - 250,000,000+ FREE MP4 VIDEO DOWNLOADS FOR YOUR PSP OR MOBILE DEVICE - www.PSPube.com you can download straight away just by looking at them, not as many vids as youtube though, if i download off youtube i just convert the videos later on

Member PSP User
    zamzar is good but if u rename the file it doesnt work after u put it on the psp
    Awaiting New Challenger!!!

Putting '&fmt=18' at the end of the url and downloading the streaming file using Orbit Downloader, I got a .mov file. But regardless, here's what I did.

I opened up Total Video Converter 3.10 (you can find this on any torrent site), and dragged the youtube video file into it, it asked me what filetype I wanted to convert it to, and I chose "FLV", luckily for me the resolution for the .mov was 480x277 which is close enough to the PSP's native resolution so I didn't have to mess with settings. After the conversion, I dragged the FLV to my 'favorites' folder in PSPtube and tested it out, and it worked.

If you already know how to convert videos to FLV, just make sure to change the resolution of the video to something closer to the PSP's resolution (480x272, 320x240).

Also, don't know what version of PSPtube you're using but there's Super PSPtube 2.0 that can play WMV, AVI, MP4, MP3 and a few other formats without needing you to convert. I haven't tested it out with many formats yet but it seems to be okay.

Here's the link for Super Psptube 2.0 MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

What method are you using to download the videos?

PHAT

~cuz real PSPs have curves~
    ...and IR ports

It looks like you wanted to watch youtube vids on your PSP.
    If you are using CFW, which I assume you are; here's a homebrew still under development that currently works for YouTube.

Go here "xttp://nekomimi.cafe.coocan.jp/wiki/?%A4%CB%A4%E3%A4%F3%A4%C8%A4%AB%A5%C1%A5%E5%A1%C1% A5%D6" and to the "ダウンロード download" section. There you will see the program

Save/Extract "xttp://nekomimi.cafe.coocan.jp/dev/PSPTube/PSPTube20080224.zip"

Replace the Eboot file with the newer version from this link "xttp://nekomimi.cafe.coocan.jp/dev/PSPTube/PSPTube20080301.zip"

Download this script for YouTube support (click the ダウンロード text)
    "xttp://img3.atura.jp/bbs4/34424/img/0004731019.zip"

Download this script for YouTubeMP4 support (click ダウンロード )
    "xttp://www3.uploader.jp/dl/drebin893/drebin893_uljp00008.zip.html"

Place the .js files from the two scripts in the "sites" folder under "PSPTube\System\Sites". You can delete AmebaVision and FNN if you want. (The two scripts share the same cache script, so you only need one in the sites folder).

For MP4 viewing, I think you can place them in the "PSPTube/Favorites" folder and play them back.

For controls read here:
    "xttp://nekomimi.cafe.coocan.jp/wiki/?NyantokaTube]NyantokaTube - NekoMiMi"

Copy the PSPTUBE folder to your GAME Folder.

Currently I haven't gotten the MP4 script to work. Hopefully this helps you out. I KNOW you can playback FLV files from the favorites folder though.

I wanted to post URLS but I cannot apparently, use some intuition with the xttp->http

Edit: I think the MP4 script lets you download youtubemp4 videos to your favorites folder and playback, but not stream. YouTube++ allows streaming. Yes I was able to search for and download a video from YouTubeMP4 and play it back via favorites.
    Last edited by brehidran; 11-28-2008 at 09:43 PM.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Fayko's Avatar
    Realplayer has a option on one of its versions that will let you download any video/image content as a avi i think in its folder and then you can use the psp video 9 to convert it to psp format and bam. Its what i did for all episodes of cromartie high school

Junior Member PSP User
    I'm not sure what the problem is. Thte files are in a form called ".IFO" which I could only get to play on InterVideo WinDVD, and nothing else.