Thread: Why I hate valve.

1. #1 Why I hate valve. 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    So, I have (well, had) a steam account, that I got in 2004, I have bought HL1, HL2, Orange Box, GMOD10, The Ship, and numerous other games. Someone else (notice, I said someone else, not myself), gifted me a couple of games. What would you do "hmm, free games, legitimately from valve (I have the email confirmation from valve), why not?"

Well apparently, the kid was using a hacked credit card. So the account that I bought, and have spent like $150 on, closed. Not VAC Banned, not *temporarily disabled*, closed, i.e., never used again.

They CLOSED my account, with all my games, because of someone else, using a hacked credit card.

I did nothing wrong, I personally did not violate any of their ToS, and they still closed my account.

I sent numerous tickets, all they did was "It's your responsibility, and you shouldn't have accepted the gifts."

WHAT FUCKING DOUCHES BAGS.

So I go to send in a new support ticket, and it doesn't even show up.

I said I had a hi-jacked account, and they are the ones who did it, and lol they probably wont even let it be submitted.

Douches bags.
    Last edited by canadianbacon; 10-08-2008 at 03:30 AM.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    Oh man, yeah that sux bro... I'm not to found of Steam either...
    Refresh for more Sigs

I posted this on the steam forums, because support will still not show I sent in a ticket.

So I basically know this is going to get closed and most likely deleted, but I feel I needed to post this finally.

I bought an account in 2004, never once cheated, or anything to break the terms of service. I have bought HL1, CZ, HL2, GMOD10, The Ship, and other games, all legitimately bought, I have proof of purchase for every single game on the account.

Anyway, on to the actual question/problem;
    Someone gifted me games, I did not let him sign in or anything, he gifted me games, directly through steam, hell I even have the e-mails saved from 'support@steampowered.com', saying I have received gifts from this person. I had the games for a couple of months (ironically couldn't play them because of lack of minimum requirements), and after awhile, even forgetting I had them installed, poof, my account is closed. What happened? Well the guy used a hacked credit card. You know what steam support said? Oh well, your responsibility. HOW IS THAT MY RESPONSIBLY? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I SHOULD BE ABLE TO ACCEPT GIFTS (USING YOUR SERVICE), WITHOUT WORRYING. You should take the responsibility, and not punish customers. You should be able to have detections on fraud and credit card theft, and not disable someone who does nothing illegal!

They closed my account, while I did not violate any of their ToS, and all my games, are now gone, and I cannot play, because of someone else.

How is this possible? Are you guys really serious? Not only did I not do anything wrong, illegal, or violating any terms, but you took away the games I LEGALLY BOUGHT, and wont let me play them? I CAN'T EVEN ING PLAY SINGLE PLAYER?

How can you guys even do this, you just over customers, and laugh in our faces.

It's a shame, a real shame, and it's really disappointing.

Oh, and p.s., this isn't a 'hacker/cracker' mad. I have all the email's saved, hell if they want to prove me wrong, check the IP logs, look up the registered information on the email account(and possible logged registration ip address from it), and compare it to me.

I did nothing illegal, and this is what I get in return for buying your games? Just completely taking my ability away to play games I bought?

I really hope none of the moderators close this, I want an answer from an actual employee, I want to see what they will say, because there is nothing I did wrong, and all they will say is "your responsibility"..

I'm not going to lie and say 'my lawyer is ready to press charges', because we all know those people are lying. But if it comes to it, I will look up information concerning this legal credit card fraud, re-read the terms of service, and seek legal help, to see if I really did do anything illegal and or if they can legally take my account away. I spent my own money, did nothing wrong, and had my items removed for no reason.

It really is a shame, and I think I deserve my account back.
    p.s., the hearts/colors are their filters for curse words.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Bewood's Avatar
    That really sucks CB.

If they don't give you an answer, keep pressing it on them.

And I would look into if they can legally do that.

Which you said you were willing to(if I read right), so yeah.

Wow, it's actually been a few minutes and no one has responded yet, that's usually rare for steam forums.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Call them and ask to talk to a manager. Dont take any shit from them. Tell the manager what happened and how you feel like they are ripping you off when you have been a loyal customer for years.
    If that fails rip him a new one.
    lolz at the hearts.
    Very funny....not.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada2113 View Post
    Call them and ask to talk to a manager. Dont take any shit from them. Tell the manager what happened and how you feel like they are ripping you off when you have been a loyal customer for years.
    If that fails rip him a new one.
    lolz at the hearts.
    I couldn't find a phone number to contact someone about this directly.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Valve
    Their number is there, but idk what area code that is so you may want to call from a cell so you dont have to pay for long distance calls.
    Very funny....not.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada2113 View Post
    Valve
    Their number is there, but idk what area code that is so you may want to call from a cell so you dont have to pay for long distance calls.
    "For all issues related to Valve's games, technical support, or Steamâ„¢, please visit www.steampowered.com."

Meaning, you call valve, all they deal with is their business, not any "technically difficulties"

I'll give them a call Thursday though.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker KOBEdidit's Avatar
    dude, the argument makes perfect sense, but the way it is written ensures no one will ever take that seriously. Learn to filter yourself.

there's no place like 127.0.0.1

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    You should totally flip shit at them, that's what my friend did to HP and got a free 1 year Xbox Live subscription card, and he doesn't even have an Xbox 360.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Bewood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscyco30 View Post
    You should totally flip shit at them, that's what my friend did to HP and got a free 1 year Xbox Live subscription card, and he doesn't even have an Xbox 360.
    Hahaha that is the way to go man!

XD