Thread: creepy stories?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 creepy stories? 
    Lea
    hey. ive figured its almost holloween and you know, creepy stories have been more and more intriguing. can you post some? just for fun. heres one by american folkore

Peggy and her boyfriend Tommy were driving down a lonely stretch of highway at dusk when a thunderstorm came crashing down on them. Tommy slowed the car and they crept their way past a formidable abandoned house. Plastered all over the fences and trees were no trespassing signs.
    A mile past the house, the car hydroplaned. Peggy screamed as the car slid off the road, plunging down into a gully. The car slammed into a large boulder, throwing Peggy violently into the door, before it came to a rest under a pecan tree. Her head banged against the window, and a stabbing pain shot through her shoulder and arm.
    Tommy turned to her. “Are you all right? You’re bleeding!”
    “Arm, shoulder. Feel bad,” Peggy managed to gasp.
    Tommy glanced cautiously at her right arm. “I think your arm is broken,” he said, and he tore a strip off his shirt and pressed it to the cut on her head. “I’m going to call for help,” he said when it became obvious that the bleeding was not going to stop right away. But neither of them had their cell phones.
    “That house we just passed will have a phone I can use.” Tommy said.
    Peggy’s eyes popped wide open at this statement. Despite her pain, she remembered the creepy abandoned house. “Stay here. A . . . car . . . will come,”
    “I can’t stay, Peggy,” Tommy said, “It could take hours for another car to come, and you‘re losing too much blood.” He tore another strip of his shirt and placed it gently on the cut on her head. Then he went out and retrieved a couple of blankets from the trunk to cover her with. “I’ll be back as soon as I can.” He raced out into the storm, shutting the dented car door behind him.
    Peggy drifted in a kind of daze. Something at the back of her mind was making her uneasy. She slid down on to the floor and put her head on the seat, completely covering herself with the blankets, head and all. Feeling safer, she allowed the weariness caused by the wounds to take over and fell asleep.
    Peggy wasn’t sure what woke her. Had a beam of light shown briefly through the blanket? Did she hear someone curse outside? She strained eyes and ears, but heard nothing save the soft thudding of the rain, and no light shown through the blanket now. If Tommy had arrived with the rescue squad, there surely would be noise and light and many voices. But she heard nothing save the swish of the rain and an occasional thumping noise which she put down to the rubbing of the branches of the pecan tree in the wind. The sound should have been comforting, but it was not. Goosebumps crawled across her arms – even the broken one -- and she almost ceased breathing for some time as some deep part of her inner mind instructed her to freeze and not make a sound.
    She did not know how long fear kept her immobile. But suddenly the raw terror ceased, replaced by cold shivers of apprehension and a sick coil in her stomach that had nothing to do with her injuries. Something terrible had happened, she thought wearily, fear adding yet more fatigue to her already wounded body. Then she scolded herself for a ninny. It was just her sore head making her imagine things. Somewhat comforted by this thought, she dozed again, only vaguely aware of a new sound that had not been there before; a soft thud-thud sound as of something gently tapping the roof. Thud-thud. Pattering of the rain. Thud-thud. Silence. Sometimes she would almost waken and listen to it in a puzzled manner. Thud-thud. Patter of rain. Thud-thud. Had a branch dislodged from the tree?
    Peggy wasn’t sure how long she’d been unconscious when she was awakened by a bright light blazing through the window of the car and the sound of male voices exclaiming in horror. A door was wrenched open, and someone crawled inside. She lifted her head and looked up at a young state policeman.
    “Miss, are you all right?” he asked and then turned over his shoulder to call for help. Peggy told the officers her story and begged them to look for Tommy. They deftly avoided answering her and instead called the paramedics.
    As the paramedics carried her carefully up the slope of the incline, Peggy looked back at the car—and saw a grotesque figure hanging from a branch of the pecan tree. For a moment, her brain couldn’t decipher what she was seeing in the bright lights of the police car parked at the side of the road. Then she heard a thud-thud sound as the foot of the figure scraped the top of the totaled car, and she started screaming over and over in horror. One of the police officers hastened to block her view and a paramedic fumbled for some valium to give her as her mind finally registered what she had seen. Tommy’s mangled, dead body was hanging from the pecan tree just above the car, and nailed to the center of his chest was a No Trespassing sign
    Last edited by Lea; 10-30-2008 at 02:25 PM.
    Hi, I'm Lea, formerly known as zackfair_13, nice to meet you
    i am not be held liable for anything that i may say if you become an asshole
    NEVER CALL YOURSELF A NOOB, we ALL we're NOOB's once
    proud member of the site's resistance retribution PMD clan, and one of the three OG's
    psn = leablahblahblah

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Hacker's Avatar
    no offense but i am not gonna really read all that and waste my time
    Great sig made by Major zero

ElateSword
    The first day that I purchased this computer for school everything seemed fine.
    I noticed, however, that the 3.5" disk drive would turn on by itself occasionally and just sit there.
    It didn't effect my computing at all, though.
    I found it odd, but I also find IBM odd so I didn't think much of it.

Soon, my Panasonic KX-P4410 laser printer started to act funny.
    It would, for no reason whatsoever, print one page from time to time with the same text:
    logdata.a# (I think it was an #, could have been a *)
    Anyway, I suspected that a bad parellel cable was to blame, so I quickly replaced it.
    It stopped printing the weird pages for a while, but then started to act funny within a couple of days.
    The new problem was that the PRINTING led would come on from time to time on it's own.
    It wasn't the normal blinking light, though.
    It would slowly turn on, getting brighter then brighter, pause then slowly get dimmer.
    By this time my 5.14" drive was doing what the 3.5" drive was.
    It got to the point where I couldn't read any disks.

Soon, though, it got to the point were I didn't want to use the stupid machine.
    I say this because after a while, funny things would appear on my monitor.
    First, a few random pixels on the lower-right corner of the screen when in DOS.
    Soon, the pixel would form little shapes like pyramids, spheres, and cones.
    By now I thought I had some kind of virus and totally formatted my hard-drive.
    I didn't wan't to leave this to some little Anti-virus program.
    It worked. But not for long.

Soon, whenever I would boot the computer, a strange white face would appear on the screen for half a second.
    I can honestly say that it scared the crap out of me!
    "Just another virus, " I thought to myself. I quickly changed my tune
    when the face decided to stay on the screen when I shut off the computer.
    You could say that this left me quite, erm, uncomfortable.

So what did I do? I did what any person in their right minds would do. I burned the stupid thing!
    I now am the proud owner of a Packard Bell IBM Clone.

It was difficult explaining to my parents why I had burned a $1400 computer, but it wasn't impossible.
    I just said that it was all the pressure from the recent hurricane (Florida's own Hurricane Andrew).
    I was going to a mental support group, after all.
    But I PROMISE YOU!I was not imagining the face on the screen... My cousin saw it too.

http://www.ghostresearch.org/ghostpics/ a good site for ghost pics
    Last edited by ElateSword; 10-30-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack3r View Post
    no offense but i am not gonna really read all that and waste my time
    sure thing. thanks for viewing anyhow.

heres another.

My stepmother was vile. I guess most kids think that when their father remarries. But in this case, it was true. She only married Father because he was rich, and she hated children. There were three of us – me (Marie), my middle brother Richard and my youngest brother Charles. We were the price my stepmother Gerta paid for being rich. And we were all that stood between her and inheriting Father's money when he died. So she took steps against us.

She sent my youngest brother Charles away to boarding school overseas. It had a good, scholarly reputation, but it also had the reputation for being a hard school that was full of bullies and strict discipline. Not a place where a delicate child like Charles, who had been sickly as a baby, would thrive. He was miserable there. Somehow, Gerta contrived to keep him there for all but the summer holidays, and when he came home the first year he was pale and thin with dark circles under his eyes that looked like bruises. He cried – he actually cried! – when Father told him he had to go back to the school. But Father didn’t listen to him. Gerta thought it would be good for Charles to go there, and so Charles went.

I did everything I could – encouraging letters and daily phone calls – until Gerta said it was too expensive and restricted calls to five minutes once a month. I even got Father to book me a ticket to Europe so I could visit Charles. Gerta was enraged when she found out. Her blue eyes went so cold it made chills run up my spine, and her pink mouth thinned into a bitter line that bade ill for me since I had dared to interfere. Two days before my plane left for Europe, the school called and told us that Charles had climbed up to the tallest tower and flung himself off. He was dead.

Father was shocked, of course, and Gerta was quietly triumphant. For a few months, Father paid more attention to Richard and myself then he had since our mother died. But Gerta was beautiful and had winning ways about her that soon drew my Father’s attention away. And now that one of her hated step-children was dead, she focused on another. Poor Richard was next.

Richard was a sturdy chap who was about to enter high school, and he was really into sports. He would have thrived at the boarding school that had killed Charles. So Gerta sent him to an arts school instead. He hated it, but Gerta had told Father he had “talent”, so there he went. (You’d think my Father would have learned his lesson with Charles!) But Richard was a survivor, and he grimly practiced piano and violin when he would rather have played soccer and football. But Gerta was clever. She introduced Richard to a couple of high school boys who were everything Richard craved to be – rich, popular, on the football team. And into drugs. Gerta made sure Richard had a very large allowance, and kept increasing it as Richard was drawn deeper and deeper under the influence. Until one day Richard overdosed, and Gerta only had one step-child left. Me.

I was sure (sure!) that Gerta knew Richard was doing drugs in his room that day. She knew he was ill and possibly dying in there. If she’d “found” him even ten minutes sooner, his life would have been saved. So said the doctor, and I believed him. But Father wouldn’t believe me. He was angry whenever I said anything against Gerta, and told me to hold my tongue. Still, I knew I was next, and I was sure that Father would not live long after willing his fortune over to his wife. I decided that if Gerta got too bad, I would run away and live secretly with my aunt in New Jersey until I turned 18.

From the moment Richard’s body was found in his room, I forced myself to be a model child. My homework was done on time, I was polite to Gerta and all her friends, I went on all the family excursions with Gerta and Father – even the dangerous ones like shark-fishing. You can be sure that I took care to be “sea-sick” indoors and stayed away from the edge of the boat. Gerta was clever with her tricks. Everyone thought it was an accident the time we were out shopping and I fell onto the subway in front of an oncoming train. I managed to roll out of the way on time, but it was way too close for comfort.

I had almost decided to run away when my father brought me the sad news that my aunt in New Jersey had died suddenly in her sleep, poisoned by person or persons unknown. I was appalled. How had Gerta known? But she had – I could tell from the smirk on her face.

I went to my room that night and locked myself in to think. I could run away, but the money wouldn’t last long. And I’d need to finish high school or my chances of getting a good job were nil. Besides, Gerta would still be out there somewhere. If she could hire someone to poison my only living relative (besides Father), she could hire someone to kill me, whether I was living at home or not.

There was only one thing I could think of. And it was a terrible thing. A family secret passed down from my Mother’s side for many generations. It involved a witch named Bloody Mary, who had once tried to kill my many times great grandmother and use the child’s blood to make herself young and beautiful forever. The witch had been stopped by the child's father (my many times great grandfather) in the nick of time, and the witch had cursed him as she burned at the stake. Cursed his mirror, and the mirrors of all the men who had condemned her to death at the stake, so that anyone saying her name in front of those mirrors would invoke her vengeful spirit.

The story had gotten mixed up over the years, as it was passed down first in their village and then all over the country. These days, school kids everywhere scared themselves silly chanting Bloody Mary’s name in front of darkened mirrors during sleepover parties, and nothing happened to them. So no one really believed in the curse. Of course, no one knew the real story of Bloody Mary. That was a deep secret handed down by the villagers of long ago. But I was a direct descendant, and I knew how to summon the witch. You had to use a mirror owned by someone in the direct blood-line of one of the original families that lived in Bloody Mary’s village. And the witch's name must be spoken by candlelight a certain number of times in their native tongue.

It was an evil thing to do, I knew. But it was the only way to save my life. It was either Gerta or me. If I didn’t fight back, I was dead. So I took my hard earned money and went out to a specialty store to buy hand-dipped, beeswax candles. Black ones. I followed my mother’s directions carefully, placing them at certain intervals around the living room so that they reflected in the huge mirror behind the couch. Then I lit each one, speaking the spell passed down in my mother’s family. And I waited. Father was away on a business trip, and Gerta was out at a party with her latest boyfriend. She came home late, and scolded me for staying up to study. Her voice was playful and light – I hated that voice. It made her sound like she was nice. But there was also a note of suspicion underlying her words, and she stared hard at the flickering black candles.

“Holding a séance, little Marie?” she asked, emphasizing the word little, knowing I hated when she called me that.

“I just like working by candlelight,” I said mendaciously, turning a page in my text book.

Gerta frowned. “You know, little Marie, I think it’s time we had a talk,” she said, walking over to the mirror behind the couch and primping her hair.

“Yes,” I said softly. “We should. You killed my brothers. And my aunt. But I won’t let you kill me.”

Gerta laughed. “As if you stood a chance against me!” she said, fluffing her long blond hair up behind her shoulders.

I spoke the name of Bloody Mary in the native tongue of my ancestors. Once. Twice. Three times. Inside the mirror, the image of Gerta burst into flames, and another face looked out. It was the malevolent face of a twisted old crone, ruined with age, and altogether evil. I ducked behind the chair as Gerta gave a scream of sheer terror, her eyes fixed on the witch. As I watched from my hiding place, heat burst forth from the mirror, blistering her beautiful alabaster skin. I could hear the flames roaring as the witch laughed evilly and held out her arms toward my step mother.

“Gerta,” crooned Bloody Mary. “Come to me, Gerta.”

And she took my step mother into her arms.

Gerta’s terrified scream was suddenly cut off. The flames disappeared as suddenly as they had come. When I peeked out from behind the couch, Gerta and Bloody Mary were gone.

I called Father at his hotel the next morning to tell him that Gerta hadn’t slept at home. (Well, it was true!) He wasn’t pleased. He called a few of her friends from his hotel room, and quickly discovered she had been carrying on with another man. With several, if the truth be known. Father hated infidelity. He flew home at once to confront Gerta, but she was still missing; presumed run away with one of her flames.

Somehow, Father managed to divorce Gerta without ever trying to find her. And since she had no family in the area except us, everyone accepted the cover story, and no one ever tried to locate her. Gerta was gone for good. And Father and I were safe at last.
    Last edited by Lea; 10-30-2008 at 02:46 PM.
    proud member of the site's resistance retribution PMD clan, and one of the three OG's
    psn = leablahblahblah

Quote Originally Posted by zackfair_13 View Post
    sure thing. thanks for viewing anyhow.
    ok you seem very calm

Lea
    ok you seem very calm
    need not lose my temper. what for?
    psn = leablahblahblah

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Akkio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ElateSword View Post
    when the face decided to stay on the screen when I shut off the computer.
    You could say that this left me quite, erm, uncomfortable.
    i giggled XD
    There is nothing either good or bad.
    But thinking makes it so.

William Shakespeare

ElateSword
    This is the story of Anna and what happened when she was left too long alone with the computer!

Anna's parents were always at work.

"Won't be home till six, Anna," said her Dad on the mobile. "Got a meeting." "Won't be home till seven, Anna," said her Mum on the other mobile. "Got a committee." "O.K." said Anna on her pink mobile. "Mrs. Twig will keep an eye on you," said her Dad as an afterthought. "Put the fusilli in the microwave at a quarter to seven,Anna," said her Mum. "O.K." said Anna on her pink mobile.

Anna put some pink gloss on her lips and looked at herself in the mirror, at her tiny sparkling earrings and her pink fluffy jumper. With her pink fluffy pen and her pink fluffy notebook, she wished she could go to the office too. Maybe she would have a boyfriend.....

She hated the big empty house. It was SO BIG and SO EMPTY with its smell of old breakfast dishes, and the biting scratching cat that never got to go out either.

Anna sat on the floor and picked a scab on her knee. Then she went and looked out of all the windows in turn. First the upstairs windows and then the downstairs windows.

Mrs. Twig was watching her from the house opposite. She waved to Mrs. Twig and Mrs. Twig waved back. Mrs. Twig was scooting her windows with a scootie bottle. She had a mean look.

Anna got herself a Pepsi from the big purple Smeg in the kitchen.

"Fusilli AGAIN..." said Anna aloud in the empty kitchen. Then gulping her Pepsi very noisily Anna sat down in front of the silent computer.

Now the truth is that Anna was really a bit scared of the computer. Once the screen had gone black and her Mum had been very angry indeed.

"Now we can only get DOS, Anna," sighed her Mum.

DOS.... DOS? Even the word was scary.
    A boy of nineteen in a baseball cap came and fixed the computer.

CLICK CLICK went the boy in the baseball cap. CLICK CLICK.

"Aye, that's it. It's fixed," he said.

"£70....." sighed her Dad. "Just be careful with the computer, Anna. And always treat it with respect."

RESPECT...... RESPECT ? What did he mean - always treat it with respect?

There was something slightly sinister about the silent computer. Anna knew it demanded respect. But because there was nothing else to do in the big empty house, and because Anna was rather lonely, she switched on the scary computer.

"I'm ready. Are you ?" said the computer. Anna stared at it.

CLICK CLICK went Anna and her thin little hand sweated on the mouse. CLICK CLICK.

"What do you want to do?" said the computer.

"I just want to have fun," said Anna.

"O.K." said the computer."Right click the mouse. In the menu click VORTEX and then click FLY."

CLICK CLICK went Anna. CLICK CLICK.

Suddenly before her very eyes, a swirling vortex appeared on the screen. And before she knew quite what was happening, she found herself being sucked in. Suddenly she was flying very fast through a tunnel of coloured lights. Green neon stars floated around her and a forest of electric blue flowers. Occasionally she caught sight of oceans and deserts, jungles and huge cities and caverns of ice. All kinds of people were talking very fast. She tried to hear what they were saying but she was going too fast herself to catch it all. Faster and faster she went through the glowing tunnel and now there came a rushing sound in her ears, like all the music in the world playing at once.
    "Ooh !" said Anna,"How am I going to explain this? And how do I make it stop?"

But there were so many things to look at that she didn't even hear the reply. And on her journey through the gleaming tunnel she seemed to have lost the mouse.

A little girl called julesjj began talking to her and pretty soon they were joined by lots of others with the strangest names. Twinkletoes and glitterfairy, Lisa4, snowprincess and thealien. The snowprincess let her try on tutus and ballet costumes and changed the colour of her hair to blue.

"This is SO much fun," said Anna."This is just SO MUCH FUN!"

But just as Lisa4 was introducing her to a giggling cat and a singing tortoise, she suddenly heard a noise and the computer's voice saying,"ERROR ERROR!" And before she knew it she had landed back on her chair in the bedroom. Quickly she shut down the computer before anything else could happen

The room was dark now and she could see on the bedside clock it was almost 7 o'clock. She had been away for more than two hours and she hadn't realised it! The house was silent. Her Mum and Dad had obviously still not come back from work.

Anna went down to the kitchen and put the fusilli in the microwave. Outside it was raining and the street was deserted. When was anyone coming home?

Anna took another Pepsi from the purple Smeg and ran upstairs again. She felt cold and excited. The scary computer stared at her from the corner of the room.

"Oh well......" said Anna.
    But when she switched on the computer again, she was alarmed at the sinister noises it was making. The cables glowed with a strange unearthly light. And then there was a message on the screen......

"Welcome Anna!" it said sneakily. "Want to have fun? Then...right click the mouse. Click VORTEX. Then click FLY."

CLICK CLICK went Anna. CLICK CLICK.

Now Anna's Mum had had a puncture on the motorway and Anna's Dad had gone to help her and they didn't get back till 9 o'clock.

And at 9 o'clock the big empty house was very big and empty indeed. The fusilli was cold and dry and the cat was hungry and mean.

"Where's Anna?" said Anna's Mum.

"She'll be upstairs," said her Dad.

But Anna wasn't upstairs. And she wasn't downstairs. And she wasn't at Mrs. Twig's. Anna's parents hunted for her high and low but they couldn't find her anywhere. The neighbours searched for Anna. The police searched for Anna. But no-one ever found her.

Months passed. Years passed. And Anna's parents grew old. And then one day thirtytwo years later, Anna's Mum was going upstairs on a rather cold autumn evening and passed the little bedroom that had been Anna's, when she saw a strange woman there.

The woman had a lined face and long nails and long long grey hair. She was staring around her in disbelief.

"WHO are YOU?" said Anna's Mum.

"I'm Anna," said the grey haired woman.

"ANNA.....?" said her Mum dumbfounded. "MY little Anna....?"

And it WAS Anna! She had been inside the computer for thirtytwo years. And try as she might she was never quite able to explain how she'd got in and how she'd finally got out.

Lea
    niceee. i love the name anna. JK. hey you love ghost stories that included pc's huh? i like your taste. =D
    psn = leablahblahblah

ElateSword
    oh i know, pc ghost stories are just the best, i will post more

Lea
    okay. gonna check em up when i wake up tomorrow morning.
    psn = leablahblahblah

ElateSword
    it was sometime around june in 2005, when I was in grade six. I was sitting at home on this very same computer, playing dress ups on a online dress up doll site. It was normal temperature that day, and all of a sudden, next to my right shoulder blade, it turned icy cold. Everywhere else was warm. I reached out into the cold area but my hand was stopped by something solid. Petrified, I stayed sitting in my chair. The next thing I knew, the mouse was moving around on the mouse pad. It was dragging the items of clothing onto the doll. It then logged itself into the chat room as, Kit_Kat221. I remember that well. The chat room came up on the screen, and the "ghost" began typing frantically to all the people in the chat room. I screamed and ran out of the room.

A few days later I walked into the lounge room to find the computer on. It was on a search engine, displaying pictures of cartoons. I walked closer to the computer and the computer turned off. The next day my mum got on the computer to find a picture of me with a cartoon cemetery and grim reaper standing next to me. No one had used the computer since that morning, and no one had changed the background. I became scared and one day I freaked myself out so badly that I refused to go to school. I was waiting at the bus stop an became very nervous and panicky. I walked back into my front yard, and turned around just in time to see a four wheel drive crash into the power pole I was leaning on at my bus stop, in the same spot I was standing. If I had have stayed there I would have been very badly injured.

Maybe the picture on my computer was telling me something. I became very shaken after that and spent the rest of the day in my bedroom. At about five o'clock in the afternoon my room turned icy cold. I went to run to the door but someone stopped my, firmly grabbing my shoulder. I looked but no one was there. Then a transparent light in the shape of a girl my age appeared in front of me. Then I heard a whisper saying "goodbye...". The light then disappeared and the temperature returned to normal. I haven't seen the ghost since.

elate sword does your life generate around a computer?lol dont take it personally

ElateSword
    elate sword does your life generate around a computer?lol dont take it personally
    yes, it's all i know and rely on for a future job (still in highschool, got suspended for two days for copying Microsoft word from school network)

Quote Originally Posted by ElateSword View Post
    (still in highschool, got suspended for two days for copying Microsoft word from school network)
    you got suspended lol i was gonna try copy photoshop 7 from my school network but i thought forget it lol

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast