Thread: Here is an idea!

1. #1 Here is an idea! 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    Sorry if this has already been posted but.....

Wouldent it be smarter to make a new section and name it the Help section?

Seriously, I know it wont keep out all of the spamming threads but it would help

So if anyone has any question they could just post there and this is up to you guys, but they could post something that has already been posted and no one will yell at them, here is an example

Is there a downgrader for 2.6 yet? No not yet but incase you have any other questions check the stickys next time

That way they will learn, cause ya know noobs have feelings too. LOL

BUT if they post that in any other forum FLAME AWAY!!!

Luckily I read everything here before I posted anything.

EDIT:
    yeah, but thats why we have stickys isnt it?
    Yes but it would be all in one space, so other forums would be a little better, also its so we could help out new users who have problems, yes they have already been answered most of em anyways, but maybe we could help em out ourselves, well the people who want to help anyways.

why would it be any different if they post it in the help section?
    and why should we not yell at them if it has already been posted? it gets VERY annoying to answer the same question 400 times..
    thats why we encourage new users to read the stickys and search BEFORE creating new threads, something that many new users fail to accomplish.
    I did say that we shouldent yell at them, but only in the help section. If they post it anywhere else then go ahead and flame away, plus seeing all the things you and other moderators have been doing it must be VERY annoying seeing the same things, frankly I think I would go insane after the 275 time of hearing the same question. It would also increase the amount of users at this website, also you know about the live chat at psp-hacks.com? People go there to ask questions all the time, I even go there to help people. They also have a help section. Yeah they are larger but I like this website and I would like to see it become more popular. Also this may be a hunch but.... are you stating that I didnt read a sticky or something? just wondering, im not very good at sensing scarcasim

bet they'd still post in the hardware and software sections.......too be honest with you I rarely check those anymore cuz I know they are the same questions over and over again....
    Yes, but maybe you should install a noob filter, I hear it works very well or better yet put something so when someone is trying to make a new thread when they type something in the post of it or anything like that, if it seems similar to another post or thread it wil say this has already been posted before, and it will show them the options. Some sort of search button.

Sigh...if only that were possible

Also maybe you could like make a test for new users so they get the gist of it. Not everyone will be smart as you guys not everyone will get it right from the start, like in snowboarding today, it took me a few tries to get it right, but once I did get it right everything was fine, but even though I learned it on my own, some people need help, hands on help, I saw some adults there who needed some instructors to hold them up, I just glad they didnt yell at them for falling down. That would have been funny. Anyways they have to answer the same questions over and over again, and yes they get paid to do their job, but I bet when they get done helping, the people they helped might help other people.

As the old saying goes,

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man a fish you feed him for life.
    Set a man on fire for asking for more fish will give you a short satisfaction.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker BLACKOUT's Avatar
    yeah, but thats why we have stickys isnt it?

jsh
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker jsh's Avatar
    why would it be any different if they post it in the help section?
    and why should we not yell at them if it has already been posted? it gets VERY annoying to answer the same question 400 times..
    thats why we encourage new users to read the stickys and search BEFORE creating new threads, something that many new users fail to accomplish.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    I bet they'd still post in the hardware and software sections.......too be honest with you I rarely check those anymore cuz I know they are the same questions over and over again....

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary