Thread: Debate: Mac vs PC

1. #1 Debate: Mac vs PC 
    Remember Reach PSP Mad Hacker Fanryu's Avatar
    Honestly I would never buy a Mac. I don't like the interface even though it's "User Friendly" It takes forever to change settings and it's more annoying then anything else in this world. I can't even play some of the games I love on it! Gladly will accept any counter-arguments.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PSPModCenter View Post
    Honestly I would never buy a Mac. I don't like the interface even though it's "User Friendly" It takes forever to change settings and it's more annoying then anything else in this world. I can't even play some of the games I love on it! Gladly will accept any counter-arguments.
    your making too many meaningless threads just stop.
    Great sig made by Major zero

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    I like both.

Both have their up's and downs.

Two reasons why I would never get a Mac though:

Too expensive, while it's quality, it's just way overpriced..

Steve Jobs is conceited. Apple wouldn't be half as bad if they weren't so conceited all the time. It's become more of a fad to own an Apple product then to actually get it for what it is.
    Last edited by canadianbacon; 11-11-2008 at 08:50 PM.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Fayko's Avatar
    Pc
    Pc can play games

Remember Reach PSP Mad Hacker Fanryu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayko View Post
    Pc
    Pc can play games
    Haha glad I'm not the only one that has noticed

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    I am a Linux system administrator for the entertainment industry in Hollywood CA where a lot studios uses Linux and Macs.. but very rare when it comes to PCs due to it easily catching viruses/adware and a lot of limitations in certain things like networking and programming flexibilities. The way I see it is PCs is the way to go if you're in to gaming, high performance machines at low cost or simply typical home use. Now if your into video editing, graphics design, 3D rendering... pretty much any professional 3D/graphics stuff... Mac is the way to go due to the awesome color calibrations Macs have. Other reasons to get a Mac.. I guess would be if you're one of those fools that are too trendy and too cool to buy a PC and rather spend lots more just to be cool and own a Mac with half the power of a PC at the same price just for regular computer use. thats my 2 cents.

7. #7 Mac Vs. PC 
    Both are nice but mac isnt getting to much people to get theirs.Though, The PC has over 10 Millions sold all over the world. Most Online Gaming Softwares are for PC. So i would say Mac is about 55% and Pc is 45%

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker cstanleyf9's Avatar
    as far as I can decide on this subject. they are both equal. but way different at the same time... so impossible to say one is better.

edit: and we all know about 5 years earlier we wouldn't be saying this. Mac has greatly improved a lot of their problems... not that they were problems... just things that the average PC users had issues with... are kind of fixed.

Mac... if they keep up the progress, they might surpass PC... but...PC will always live if people want easy ways to pirate, emulate, and such.
    Last edited by cstanleyf9; 11-13-2008 at 12:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonslash View Post
    Found a setting that makes Donkey Kong Country work fullspeed with NO frameskip!

Go to Hack/Debug Menu, then turn ON Ignore palette writes.

This makes it work 100% from what I can tell on a game that laged a lot before so. I have no tried this on other games yet.
    list of error codes for the psp and what they mean

I can't be living anymore
    somebody please kill me
    I really want to die
    as much as I wish to die,
    I will always make sure to keep myself alive

Senior Member I Modded My PSP fishyfish777's Avatar
    Hmm hmm hmm.

I like PCs for gaming, Macs for doing work.

Why? Macs don't crash ALL THE WAY. They only get the colored spinning wheel of death occasionally. But, their performance sucks. Sucks. And, they're too expensive for my taste. That's why I use linux.

I have a linux EEEpc and a WinVista-Linux gaming setup (expressgate, G50v). I always stick with Asus products.

Linux is not a religion. I use it for a word processor and some web browsing. nothing more. Mac is also not a religion. PC is also not a religion. I hate it when people talk about these OS's like they're separate religions

Psp History: 2.70 -> 3.50 -> Pandora (1.50) -> 3.52 m33 -> 3.71 m33 -> Brick -> Pandora (1.50) -> 3.52 m33 -> 3.80 m33 -> 3.90 m33 -> Brick -> Long wait -> Pandora (1.50) -> 3.52 m33 -> 4.01 m33 -> Brick -> another long wait -> Pandora (4.01) -> 5.01 m33

Phew.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishyfish777 View Post
    Mac is also not a religion.
    LOL

I beg to differ.

http://i35.tinypic.com/8xq693.png

"For many Mac people, I think (the Mac community) has a religious feeling to it," said psychologist David Levine, a self-confessed Mac nut. "For a lot of people who are not comfortable with religion, it provides a community and a common heritage. I think Mac users have a certain common way of thinking, a way of doing things, a certain mindset.

"People say they are a Buddhist or a Catholic," he added. "We say we're Mac users, and that means we have similar values."
    Worshipping at the Altar of Mac
    (or just google mac religion)

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    A mac is a computer. An exorbitantly priced computer.
    As far as OS's go (which i assume this is really about), all have ups and downs. Vista/Xp plays games and works on any hardware; OS X is generally faster than windows, less viruses, and its shiny, but it only (officially) works on the aforementioned over-priced computers; Linux is free, which is pretty much its only redeeming quality.
    Very funny....not.

no, it's not about the OS. it's about the computer. I think the great thing about the PC is you can pic from a multitude of OS's I mean TONS! but you don't have any choice at all with macs. if it was about OS's on PC vs MAC I'd say HANDS down PC. but this is about PC vs MAC. and since it's that. they are tied
    Found a setting that makes Donkey Kong Country work fullspeed with NO frameskip!

This makes it work 100% from what I can tell on a game that laged a lot before so. I have no tried this on other games yet.

somebody please kill me
    I really want to die

♥ man ass PSP Elite Hacker carp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cstanleyf9 View Post
    no, it's not about the OS. it's about the computer. I think the great thing about the PC is you can pic from a multitude of OS's I mean TONS! but you don't have any choice at all with macs. if it was about OS's on PC vs MAC I'd say HANDS down PC. but this is about PC vs MAC. and since it's that. they are tied
    well mac has bootcamp or w/e and can run windows and linux as wells as OSX and what ever.
    but pc's only run windows and linux.
    so... to me it sounds like mac has more choices.
    but i never used linux or a mac os in my life.
    i wouldnt know.
    I'm a fag.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Mac hardware is shit though. The gfx cards are from like 2 years ago and everything else is WAY overpriced. Its economically retarded to buy a mac. Especially with osx86 making progress like it is. I can run leopard, vista, and linux on my pc and it cost me about 1/3 of what apple would charge for the same hardware.
    Very funny....not.

Quote Originally Posted by carp View Post
    but pc's only run windows and linux.

not true, there are other OS's for PC

Unix (what linux is based off of)

SUN

BEOS

QNX...

a few others that I don't feel like mentioning because... they just suck but lets say PC's have DOZENS!!!! of OS's

somebody please kill me
    I really want to die