Thread: Marijuana could be good for memory.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Marijuana could be good for memory. 
    MikuAddict
    I was searching around on Video Games, Game Reviews & News - G4tv.com because they have awesome trailers and I watch a lot of shows there. I found this for you Mary Jane users.

G4 - The Feed
    Their Source: Marijuana Could Be Good for Memory — But Not if You Get High | Wired Science from Wired.com

Ever heard of an alert stoner--one that radiates genius wit and exceptional memory recall?

If there are truths to stereotypes, then generally the answer would be a resounding NO. We do know, however, that research suggests marijuana could prevent Alzheimer's disease, amongst many other illnesses.

Ohio State University psychologists Yannick Marchalant and Gary Wenk previously showed that memory formation in rats can be improved with the appropriate dosage of marijuana. Their latest research will be presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience.

They are looking to prevent the inflammation-induced impairment of memory seen in normal and pathological aging. Thus, marijuana could play a vital role in prevention of age-related neurodegeneration.

Dr. Marchalant says benefits from marijuana use wouldn't be garnered by those whose brains have already begun to deteriorate or brains that are still forming. Rather, for adults seeking dementia prevention.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Phoenix Knight's Avatar
    was gonna reply.............but forgot what I was going to say
    "Pandora Battery, MMS, A jedi needs not these things"

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    The question is- Do YOU smoke weed?

♥ man ass PSP Elite Hacker carp's Avatar
    so ur ganna rag on me about being to high to remember something, and then post this saying that the herb is good for ur memory.
    I'm a fag.

MikuAddict
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscyco30 View Post
    The question is- Do YOU smoke weed?
    Does it matter? I honestly don't, and I don't really plan to, but that doesn't stop others from doing it. I know some people who do, and there are medical reasons for people to smoke Mary Jane. Its just an interesting piece of information. I have pretty good memory alone, so I don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by carp View Post
    so ur ganna rag on me about being to high to remember something, and then post this saying that the herb is good for ur memory.
    memory formation in rats can be improved with the appropriate dosage of marijuana
    Read carp, not just talk out of your ass, just read.
    Last edited by MikuAddict; 11-19-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker KOBEdidit's Avatar
    old, old, OLD news

fuck it news that old cannot be called news.

there's no place like 127.0.0.1

MikuAddict
    Quote Originally Posted by KOBEdidit View Post
    old, old, OLD news

fuck it news that old cannot be called news.
    November 19th old news? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by MikuAddict View Post
    November 19th old news? >.>
    you get your news from wired.com, so yea. wired is so mid 90's...after that, pure shit.

Does it matter? I honestly don't, and I don't really plan to, but that doesn't stop others from doing it. I know some people who do, and there are medical reasons for people to smoke Mary Jane. Its just an interesting piece of information. I have pretty good memory alone, so I don't need it.

Read carp, not just talk out of your ass, just read.
    i smoke, i know how it affects me. i dont need to read about what happens to rats. and there has been so many studies done on marijuana that any 'new breaking news' on it, is just an old study revived.

and my point was not about this article, it was about ur hypocrisy. u first say that im dumb because i cant remember anything because im to high. and then u post this that says marijuana improves your memory. it doesnt make sense that u can say that smoking is bad for u, but then post an article saying its good for u.

does it even specify what they consider 'an appropriate dosage'. cuz u do build an immunity to marijuana and u need to smoke more to get high, so with out specifying what an appropriate dosage is, its extraneous information.
    I'm a fag.

MikuAddict
    i smoke, i know how it affects me. i dont need to read about what happens to rats. and there has been so many studies done on marijuana that any 'new breaking news' on it, is just an old study revived.

and my point was not about this article, it was about ur hypocrisy. u first say that im dumb because i cant remember anything because im to high. and then u post this that says marijuana improves your memory. it doesnt make sense that u can say that smoking is bad for u, but then post an article saying its good for u.

does it even specify what they consider 'an appropriate dosage'. cuz u do build an immunity to marijuana and u need to smoke more to get high, so with out specifying what an appropriate dosage is, its extraneous information.
    The goal is not to abuse it to get 'high'. Its to take a specific dosage for medical reasons to preserve memory, not get a side effect of being high. You show me how stupid and idiotic you are, the point is not to get 'high'. Its to preserve memory, NOT GET HIGH.

The goal is not to abuse it to get 'high'. Its to take a specific dosage for medical reasons to preserve memory, not get a side effect of being high. You show me how stupid and idiotic you are, the point is not to get 'high'. Its to preserve memory, NOT GET HIGH.
    well it just so happens that THC gets you high and THC is the main ingredient in marijuana.
    if u sit in a room right next to some one who is smoking weed, u could get contact high.
    marijuana gets u high whether u want it to or not.
    it just happens.
    the reason it makes u eat isnt because ur hungry, its because food tastes better when ur high so u eat more.
    wait for canadianbacon to get here to teach you about marijuana.
    and their is no such thing as abusing marijuana, u cant OD on it.
    u can just smoke urself asleep, thats abuse cuz its a waste.
    I'm a fag.

MikuAddict
    well it just so happens that THC gets you high and THC is the main ingredient in marijuana.
    if u sit in a room right next to some one who is smoking weed, u could get contact high.
    marijuana gets u high whether u want it to or not.
    it just happens.
    the reason it makes u eat isnt because ur hungry, its because food tastes better when ur high so u eat more.
    wait for canadianbacon to get here to teach you about marijuana.
    and their is no such thing as abusing marijuana, u cant OD on it.
    u can just smoke urself asleep, thats abuse cuz its a waste.
    The point isn't to get high though, in this case at least. The point is to take a minimal amount in order to help keep memory. Not to get high, sure the first couple times you might but it doesn't mean you're going for that high. So hush carp, you're taking this out of what its supposed to be and you're making little sense. O.o

The point isn't to get high though, in this case at least. The point is to take a minimal amount in order to help keep memory. Not to get high, sure the first couple times you might but it doesn't mean you're going for that high. So hush carp, you're taking this out of what its supposed to be and you're making little sense. O.o
    bitch listen.
    u get high from smoking marijuana.
    end of story.

please tell me what u dont understand so i can try to clear things up for u.
    cuz everthing ive posted is clear as day to understand, no metaphors.
    and also tell me what u would consider a minimal amount.
    and how u think you are supposed to take it because if u smoke it or ingest it, u will get high.

its kinda funny how ur trying to defend marijuana usage after u go and bash me on it. its so fuckn stupid that it pisses me off.
    Last edited by carp; 11-20-2008 at 03:58 AM.
    I'm a fag.

The goal is not to abuse it to get 'high'...
    ...the point is not to get 'high'. Its to preserve memory, NOT GET HIGH.
    smoke, drink in a tea, eat in a brownie, take in pill form... it doesn't matter how much you take into your body, you WILL get high. there's no getting around it. it's a psychotropic side effect of THC that directly affects receptors in the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by carp
    ...there is no such thing as abusing marijuana, u cant OD on it.
    u can just smoke urself asleep...
    heroin OD = death
    cocaine OD = death
    alcohol OD = death
    energy drink OD = death
    marijuana OD = fall asleep...

...and wake up to smoke another day.

and for all those who say smoking it is bad, i agree... but - you DON'T have to smoke it. it's just the easiest way to use it. it IS a plant and you can do with it like any edible plant...

one last note... i've seen this a bunch of times and i wholeheartedly agree:

God made weed, man made speed (alcohol/coke/etc.) - who do YOU trust???
    pandora battery? magic memory stick? get started here.

have you ever heard the word "attribute?" / attributes describe God's got so many vibes, some of them i have to shoot / shoot - eternality just to start it off / OffTheTimeline, He was here before we started off...

you cant say that a mj od does not under all circumstances result in no injury, and yes, some people have died. Its documented. Any time you consume a substance new to your body, whether it be penicillin or mj, theres is always the percentage(sometimes small, sometimes significant, depends on the drug) of people who will have a NEGATIVE reaction to it.

edit: I will concede though, deaths resulting from mj use alone are rare. Though deaths resulting from the effects of mj use are not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast