Thread: Ebay, Paypal = Safe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Ebay, Paypal = Safe? 
    Member PSP User
    I bought the wireless adapter like a said about a month ago, but the freaking guy committed fraud. His one of those jerks where he sells a bunch of items, get a postive reviews from hundreds of people, then post up new items, gets the money and never sends it and ditches his account, he has done this to about 30 people (im not an indiot, i bought the item when he has only good reviews, he had about 200 positive reviews, 3 neutrals and 1 negative, i thought yeah, ill buy it. I made a dispute to paypal, are they are goin to do anything at all about it? Iv waiting weeks for my money back!

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    What did you pay for anyways?

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Fayko's Avatar
    contact paypal they will refund u just explain what happen. It happens alot

Member PSP User
    I payed for an xbox wireless adapter which is 130 to 150 dollars in the stores but i got it for 80

What about a dispute? Isnt that good enough? I mean, by now paypal would of gotten over 20 disputes from the same seller.

Member PSP User
    it says he was in Western Australia, but yeah, i hate frauds. I did bitch about it, but they are being bastards about it and doing jack shit so far >..>

dont blame ebay for the crime...Blame the user ebay is a great place for cheaper shit if u dont like it you dont have to use it i dont use paypal often so idk if you dispute or just mail them try both couldnt hurt also try to contact ebay and suggestion if u live in usa/canada dont buy from asian/australia sellers its usally a scam...

Member PSP User
    I live in Aus, so i bought from Aus. Im not blaming ebay, im just wondering are they goin to do anything about it, i havent got a mail or message saying they've done anything, i think they update when they've done anything, and the dispute closes early December, after that I dont get my money back. Wasted my B-day money on it >..>
    If i dont get my money back, im not going to use ebay again, this is not a threat, just Iv had bad experiences in the past with ebay >..> This was going to be the time where I put my faith back into ebay put crushed LOL :P

lol yeah i never buy hardware off ebay unless from friend or the seller is down the road :P ebay should return ur money if u contacted them and paypal
    and explain what happen

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    I got scammed on a DS lite once. Paid and never got it. Seller deleted account. Paypal gave me my money back, I feel quite safe ebaying as long as I use paypal.

i've bought stuff on ebay for years, even when i lived on guam. there's only been one instance where i sent payment and never received merch, and the seller was actually in england! but before, that was with money orders, and i use paypal now. i'm in the US and if i buy on ebay, it'll only be from US sellers... maybe the occasional hong kong seller too... heh heh.
    pandora battery? magic memory stick? get started here.

have you ever heard the word "attribute?" / attributes describe God's got so many vibes, some of them i have to shoot / shoot - eternality just to start it off / OffTheTimeline, He was here before we started off...

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    I've never had a problem with Ebay or PayPal myself. They should give your money back.

Member PSP User
    I new to this PayPal thing, what I mean is that I have been with Ebay for quite a while now, but this is the first issue ever where I had to ACTUALLY use PayPal to get my money back. I have just recently made dispute to claim. This case closes in just 4 days. I didn't know I had to make it to a claim to report a fraud, I thought dispute was good enough. Hopefully Paypal will give me my money back before Christmas, I need that money to buy gifts, or else Santa wont give us presents
    Anyone know how long before Paypal gives you the money back?

yup they will give your money back

Member PSP User
    I have to go through this order before Paypal can give me the 'claim'. The seller has till 11th of december to reply or something before the next step, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT PAYPAL XD

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    I don't get it. How does this person think he is going to scam all these people with paypal? I could understand maybe money orders and stuff, but not paypal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast