Thread: Gamers Band Together! Save MIDWAY!!!

1. #1 Gamers Band Together! Save MIDWAY!!! 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker HALOBOY's Avatar
    Midway being one of the few gaming companies established in the 80s has been with me and many others since childhood and has provided maybe not the best but some pretty nice quality games.The main examples would be the Mortal Kombat series,The Suffering,Gauntlet,Area 51,Ready 2 Rumble and the finally lawsuit free Psi-Ops.I know the Mortal Kombat series has taking a beating and Area 51 has not lived up to other FPS titles but the games are in no way bad.I was heartbroken to hear that the company that developed Mortal Kombat 2(the game that raised me from ages 5-7 lol) was having financial problems and then sold 87 percent of its shares for 100k to a lone investor.Now after reading this my heart shattered especially after falling in love with my new MK vs DCU. Midway has 50 days to rack up US$ 150 million or it's game over - Xbox 360 News - QJ.NET
    I made this post to ask for support in trying to not let a great company with amazing potential (especially now that they finally have the Unreal engine) die because of money.There has been resonable deals from this company including Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 one of the best arcade games being reduced to 400 ms points and other titles like the Mortal Kombat Collection,Gauntlet and Galaga also being 400 ms points.This company has proven it is not about money and I will miss them if we,thier loyal fans dont help.So I beg to please purchase MK vs DCU(because it is amazing) or any of thier XBLA and cheap xbox 360 titles. Do it so our children may live to pull a fatality off and rip out our hearts(not trying to use a metaphor),try to bring back the Mortal Kombat Trilogy from N64 and PS1 on XBLA and so that a great company that for once is not made from greed may continue thier legacy.Now before your eyes melt from reading(again not a metaphor for MK) I want to finish with saying I am not promoting or stating opinions.I know that we might not be able to save a company that is in this much trouble but instead of buying Left 4 Dead(which is fine but has a lot more potential than what its worth) or buying a Kingdom for Keflings(also good but not worth 800 ms points when you could get 2 Midway games) buy one of thier titles becuase I have never overpaid or paid for potential with thier games. I am just trying to save a company that deserves a continue.(there was the metaphor).
    2.60>2.71>1.5>3.03OE-C>Semibrick>1.5>3.03OE-C>3.40 OE-A>REFLASH>3.40-HALO>1.5>3.40-HALO
    Have 3.40 OE-A?SHOW US! edited9/25/07 http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ions-here.html
    Custom Halo PSP

PSPz Hacked:6 Bricks:1 Semibricks:3 Pandora Revives:2

I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    Well I hope they can sell 5-6 million copies of MK vs DCU by then.

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    Midway just got old I guess, it's empire was gonna fall eventually. I mean come on, you think midway stands a chance against epic gaming, bungie, and nintendo?

Quote Originally Posted by Chriscyco30 View Post
    Midway just got old I guess, it's empire was gonna fall eventually. I mean come on, you think midway stands a chance against epic gaming, bungie, and nintendo?
    They dont really stand a chance against them but neither does sega and they are managing to stay alive(maybe they are next).
    2.60>2.71>1.5>3.03OE-C>Semibrick>1.5>3.03OE-C>3.40 OE-A>REFLASH>3.40-HALO>1.5>3.40-HALO
    Have 3.40 OE-A?SHOW US! edited9/25/07 http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ions-here.html
    Custom Halo PSP

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    Their latest game doesn't make much sense to me; I'd rather buy a game that is worthwhile rather then buy one that will sit around my house gathering dust. All video game companies are suffering in some way or another; the US is in a recession and around the world prices are going up too.

Companies need to be smart about their investments and games. Instead of making games just to make games they truly need to think out their storylines and stop begging video game players to save them when they no longer buy games.

For example, Sony claims that piracy has gone down. This is not because of the PSP-3000 or their new motherboards; there are enough PSP-2000s out that it would still leave a dent somehow. Its more that there aren't titles that the pirates are interested in, they moved on since Sony has been focusing on defeating them (which is only about 20-30% of profit loss) instead of focusing on making great games to pick up the slack. Don't they realize that the majority of us (the homebrew community they are trying to kill) give to their profits? We buy their memory cards, their batteries, and their games too even if we rip the ISOs. They still get paid. The small pirates aren't that bad if you truely work on making a great game. People ARE going to buy them.

So no, I will not participate in helping them or any other company who is dying. They need to dig themselves out of their own hole by creating games that are worthwhile and fun, not half-assed games that I would never be entertained by. Quality over the quantity of games plox companies. Stop blaming priates for loss profits when really its people aren't interested in them.

I hate that companies (banks, car companies, people) think they can be saved by the bailouts after they find some way to make quick money that quickly puts them back in the hole later on. Their fault, not mine. Why should I pay for their idiocy?
    Last edited by MuffinlyBliss; 12-06-2008 at 05:56 PM.

"Stop blaming priates for loss profits when really its people aren't interested in them."
    I never blamed any one,especially pirates.I hope you know this site contains a lot of pirates.*cough* *cough*
    Custom Halo PSP

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    Man I really hope that if they do go bankrupt, that some other company tries to continue their games only to completely destroy the game itself.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by HALOBOY View Post
    "Stop blaming priates for loss profits when really its people aren't interested in them."
    I never blamed any one,especially pirates.I hope you know this site contains a lot of pirates.*cough* *cough*
    Oh I know. Its just something Sony has been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by MuffinlyBliss View Post
    Oh yea thats nothing new.Activision as well they got some nerve after making a couple million off COD4 even though its the same gameplay as COD 1 with different character models,weapons and graphics.
    Custom Halo PSP

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HALOBOY View Post
    Oh yea thats nothing new.Activision as well they got some nerve after making a couple million off COD4 even though its the same gameplay as COD 1 with different character models,weapons and graphics.
    I don't know, I really enjoyed COD4 much more than COD5.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker cstanleyf9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MuffinlyBliss View Post
    LMAO, and I do LMAO because it is the pirates making SONY so much money on the psp. I didn't even say this I read it on Wikipedia a long time ago. I don't remember what I was reading but it brought up how it's Ironic that Sony is trying it's hardest to make it so pirates can't mod it. when that is the appeal of buying a psp in the first place
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonslash View Post
    Found a setting that makes Donkey Kong Country work fullspeed with NO frameskip!

Go to Hack/Debug Menu, then turn ON Ignore palette writes.

This makes it work 100% from what I can tell on a game that laged a lot before so. I have no tried this on other games yet.
    list of error codes for the psp and what they mean

I can't be living anymore
    somebody please kill me
    I really want to die
    as much as I wish to die,
    I will always make sure to keep myself alive

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker KOBEdidit's Avatar
    fuck midway, let them die. They bought the distribution rights to some of my favorite game engines, and even when said games were way beyond a profitable life they wont release them(kinda like the leaked quake src).

there's no place like 127.0.0.1

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker cstanleyf9's Avatar
    LMAO true, midway has only made a few good games. they almost deserve to die.

nobody cared when LJN stopped making games. why? because all their games, although somewhat classic in my memory as a child... they all straight out were disappointing, and lame.

for those who don't know what games they made they are here. LJN - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sad that kids like myself had to play games made by them. sad because.. the title promised you something so good, and when you took it out of the package it was so... sooooo... bad.

same could almost be said about midway. although they did have a few great hits that actualy didn't suck... .. but just a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonslash View Post
    Found a setting that makes Donkey Kong Country work fullspeed with NO frameskip!

Go to Hack/Debug Menu, then turn ON Ignore palette writes.

This makes it work 100% from what I can tell on a game that laged a lot before so. I have no tried this on other games yet.
    list of error codes for the psp and what they mean

I can't be living anymore
    somebody please kill me
    I really want to die
    as much as I wish to die,
    I will always make sure to keep myself alive