View Poll Results: ipod touch 2g or psp?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • psp

61 77.22%
  • ipod touch 2g

18 22.78%

Thread: PSP vs. Ipod Touch 2g

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 PSP vs. Ipod Touch 2g 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    READ THREAD BEFORE VOTING/POSTING

(this poll is between the system and all it can do, not just gaming)

im a huge fan of the psp, but i have to say the ipod touch. Don't get me wrong, i absolutely love my modded psp, but the tilt sensitive ipod 2g is just amazing... for instance google earth for the ipod (its free*) is stunning on the touch screen... u can actually zoom down to the corner of the current street ur on and look at a street view, or while viewing mountains u can actually tilt the ipod and view every angle and look around as though ur actually their... (and thats only one application)... sorry guys but i've got to go with the new ipod touch 2g...

a few of the many apps:
    1.) aim
    2.) google earth
    3.) text translator
    4.) copy/paste
    5.) lottery results
    6.) weather
    7.) iskygaze -A tool for casual stargazers that tells you when and where objects in space can be seen from your location.
    8.) finacner -A multi-functional application allowing you to track your spending and manage your bank accounts.
    9.) google - Quickly search the popular google search site from a page not clutterd and fast to use
    10.) college football schedular -Complete schedule and results of all the FBS 2008-9 College Bowls.
    11.) windchill calculator -Calculate the windchill, formatted for your iPhone or iPod touch.
    12.) mobile map me- Connect with friends and see where they are. Share your location and status. Explore places recommended by friends
    13.) reader -Your iPhone is now the most advanced full featured portable online/offline eBook reader.
    14.) religion headline news
    15.) ishop -The easiest way to browse and shop from Amazon (US and UK) on your iPhone or iPod touch. Wherever you are, you’ll have thousands of products, prices and reviews at your fingertips.
    16.) iptexter - Offers a dedicated mobile phone number for your iPod Touch so it can send and receive SMS text messages.
    17.) florafolio -Interactive field guide to native plants of North America.
    18.) phone tracer -Trace any phone number by typing the number into the search box. The City & State of the phone number is then given with more details.

A few of many abilities/differences:
    1.) has a touch screen
    2.) tilt sensitive
    3.) much easier to mod
    4.) better emulation
    5.) runs on 520mhz as compared to psps 300mhz
    6.) has much better applications for free (no modding necessary)
    7.) talk on aim much easier (no modding necessary)
    8.) doesn't need a 30$ headset to talk to people wirelessly
    9.) much lighter and isn't as bulky as a psp
    10.) music is much easier to browse through
    11.) all the stuff a psp can do, the ipod can do it just as well, if not much better
    Last edited by robby10ant; 12-16-2008 at 05:46 PM. Reason: give more info.
    psp history...
    Phat: bought on release, had it for about a year, speakers broke, tried to fix speakers and broke the entire psp...
    Slim: bought on release>modded 4.01 ofw to 4.01cfw> bricked>fixed>fried motherboard after about 2 months
    new Phat: 3.6ofw>5.00m33-3... its radtacular

"I can accept failure, but I cant accept failing to try" -MJ

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker cstanleyf9's Avatar
    I picked the psp, because with modding the possibilities of anything you want is possible. if you wanted you could hard mod a touch screen onto your psp. the possibilities are limitless with a psp, because of modding. this plus already better games. movies not only on UMD but you can download and convert any video from anywhere to a video playable on the PSP.

the Ipod lacks where the the PSP thrives. and that is due to custimisabilities not only from soft mods, but from hard mods too. you can make the psp the ulitmate what ever you want. you can have it so it's not even recognizable as a PSP both on the outside and the inside. you can hard mod the outside completely so it doesn't even have the buttons in the same placement. you can change the screen. you can edit the inside shell. and make it so it no longer has an XMB but some other system and with multiple 8 gig and 2 gig memory sticks, you can do prety much anything.

I mention 2 gigs because 2 gig memory sticks get formated in fat16 and that runs faster on a PSP than FAT32, and that runs slightly slightly slower. (so if you have lagging problems on some iso's try formating a 2 gig memstick inside your psps then putting the iso on it. and it might run normal speed.)

like I play daxter on a 2 gig stick because it runs slow in places on my 8 gig stick....

anyway.. yeah the psp is better because you can make it so it's not even a psp anymore. you can make it a 100% customized thing that works just how you want it to for exactly what you want it for.

edit: I wish somebody would have said something like that on the PSP vs the DS debate... I mean the DS debaters totally kicked the PSP debaters ass. because besides Akkio, nobody really even debated, just gave opinions
    Last edited by cstanleyf9; 12-07-2008 at 07:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonslash View Post
    Found a setting that makes Donkey Kong Country work fullspeed with NO frameskip!

Go to Hack/Debug Menu, then turn ON Ignore palette writes.

This makes it work 100% from what I can tell on a game that laged a lot before so. I have no tried this on other games yet.
    list of error codes for the psp and what they mean

I can't be living anymore
    somebody please kill me
    I really want to die
    as much as I wish to die,
    I will always make sure to keep myself alive

I picked the psp, because with modding the possibilities of anything you want is possible. if you wanted you could hard mod a touch screen onto your psp. the possibilities are limitless with a psp, because of modding. this plus already better games. movies not only on UMD but you can download and convert any video from anywhere to a video playable on the PSP.
    u said becuase modding makes possibilities endless... well u can easily *much more easily jailbreak (mod) an ipod by hooking it up 2 the computer and clicking one button, so the possibilties are more endles becuase has a camera and u can tilt it... also u said u can hard mod a psp to have a touch screen... well very very few people have the touchscreen mod and their are very very few applications for it... also about movies how u download and convert them... well the ipod is the same way except they have a full constantly updated library of videos at ur fingertips + u can just download and convert them like a psp...

the Ipod lacks where the the PSP thrives. and that is due to custimisabilities not only from soft mods, but from hard mods too. you can make the psp the ulitmate what ever you want. you can have it so it's not even recognizable as a PSP both on the outside and the inside. you can hard mod the outside completely so it doesn't even have the buttons in the same placement. you can change the screen. you can edit the inside shell. and make it so it no longer has an XMB but some other system and with multiple 8 gig and 2 gig memory sticks, you can do prety much anything.
    first off i havent yet seen an actual hardmod that i really wanted to own besides trigger mod, and i would get tired of this mod really quickly... next u said that u can get rid of the xmb and switch it with another system, what?.. if u mean get irshell or nervos than i c what u mean, but even so it isnt all tht much better... after this u said the part about 2 gig and 8 gig mem. sticks... and about the mem. sticks, i'd rather have a 16gig ipod than switching mem. 2 gig, 4 gig, or 8 gig mem. sticks constantly...
    anyway.. yeah the psp is better because you can make it so it's not even a psp anymore. you can make it a 100% customized thing that works just how you want it to for exactly what you want it for
    again, i dont know and havent seen any fully different software running on a psp... the only real ones i know are irshell and nervos, and those arent all that great... and if its true that u can, thts cool and everything but i'd rather have the basic psp xmb... and the ipod touch doesnt need to have a different software installed becuase the one it currently has is awesome
    psp history...
    Phat: bought on release, had it for about a year, speakers broke, tried to fix speakers and broke the entire psp...
    Slim: bought on release>modded 4.01 ofw to 4.01cfw> bricked>fixed>fried motherboard after about 2 months

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker cstanleyf9's Avatar
    wow, great job
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonslash View Post
    Found a setting that makes Donkey Kong Country work fullspeed with NO frameskip!

Go to Hack/Debug Menu, then turn ON Ignore palette writes.

This makes it work 100% from what I can tell on a game that laged a lot before so. I have no tried this on other games yet.
    list of error codes for the psp and what they mean

I can't be living anymore
    somebody please kill me
    I really want to die
    as much as I wish to die,
    I will always make sure to keep myself alive

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Id have to say itouch, but the first gen. It can do everything the 2G can (minus the shitty speaker) and the 1g can be jailbroken.

PSP is dead anyway imo

( this is short cuz im typing it on my itouch lmao)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

the 1g can be jailbroken.
    so can the 2g... and i agree, the psp is dead (except to the hacking community)
    psp history...

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    PSP isn't dead yet, it does need help though.

It's better than the ipod touch because of all the things it can do. Sorry, but using Google Earth isn't enough to put it ahead of the PSP.
    PSN: Lasraik
    PC/Console Gamer Community Forum:
    http://www.perforateartery.com/forum

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Fayko's Avatar
    even unmodded psp can do the stuff of a ipod touch of course my vote is for psp

psp is the bestttttt but i cant makemyself a custom firmware but if i could ..and play games that i want it will be very very cool the n1

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Fayko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataaiaproasta View Post
    psp is the bestttttt but i cant makemyself a custom firmware but if i could ..and play games that i want it will be very very cool the n1
    Sorry to go off topic had to correct his problem...

Click on my siggy that says Easy cfw guide this will help you greatly

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Akkio's Avatar
    why dont we start comparing psp to a fucking fridge ? ours has a lcd built in ....
    There is nothing either good or bad.
    But thinking makes it so.

William Shakespeare

It's better than the ipod touch because of all the things it can do. Sorry, but using Google Earth isn't enough to put it ahead of the PSP.
    ok what can the psp do that the ipod touch cant?.. it has better working emulators for it then the psp does, it has a much* better working youtube app then the psp. it has an aim application that works 100 times better than any psp aim site or homebrew... so my question is, what can it do that a ipod touch cant do?

why dont we start comparing psp to a fucking fridge ? ours has a lcd built in ....
    lol, fyi the ipod touch's screen is lcd, and its touch, and not to mention psps get dead or stuck pixels constantly, and the psp screen scratches so easily...

PSP isn't dead yet, it does need help though.

ok then, besides google earth, it
    1.) has a touch screen
    2.) tilt sensitive
    3.) much easier to mod
    4.) better emulation
    11.) all the stuff a psp can do, the ipod can do it just as well, if not much better

again, what can the psp that the ipod touch can't do?
    psp history...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robby10ant View Post
    ok then, besides google earth, it
    1.) has a touch screen
    2.) tilt sensitive
    3.) much easier to mod
    4.) better emulation

again, what can the psp that the ipod touch can't do?
    1) Touch screens get covered in fingerprints so easily and are annoying
    2) Big whoop. What use does that have? It's just a gimmick.
    3) Maybe, but it's not exactly rocket science for PSP
    4) Of what, old consoles? PSP emulates all of them near perfectly.
    5) Give me some benefits of this rather than just "it's a bigger number so it must be better"
    6) Again, give me some examples of these apps.
    7) Maybe, but how many people actually do that on handheld apps without a proper full keyboard?
    8) Again, how many people actually do that? And you wouldn't expect that of a PSP.
    9) well true, but that's because it has less to do, and needs less parts.
    10) I'll give you that, but then again the iPod is designed for that, the PSP isn't, so i'd expect it to be good.
    11) Again, examples?

Can the ipod play full, quality games like we can on UMDs? No, most games for the iPod are just like the old games on mobiles/cell phones, not great.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by robby10ant View Post
    so can the 2g... and i agree, the psp is dead (except to the hacking community)
    No, it can't

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    In what categorie?

The PSP main function is to play games, and no iPod touch games compare.

however

The iPod's main function is playing music, which is a lot better the psp's.

I picked psp because I hate apple, but, regardless, you're comparing two way different products.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast